00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab

5,892 Views | 111 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-05 10:48:47

=About=
I thought it would be a good idea to make a sort of parody collab of those "I'm a PC and I..." adverts, I don't think it's been done or being made and seems like it has so much potentential. The idea is to make something that wouldn't be shown on the advert like "I'm a PC and secretly use a Mac.", but be as creative as possible.

=Who Can Join=
This is open to everyone, good or bad animator although parts might still be rejected and only those who have put the most effort into their part(s) will be co-authored.

=Specs=
- Flash 8 Pro Compatible
- 30 FPS
- 550 x 400
- White background

=Rules=
- Add your name on your part or you'll just get it put in a lame font
- Rename everything, I don't want to see "Symbol 1"
- If you use Audio Portal music, make sure you tell me the Audio ID
- If you use Non Audio Portal music/sound effects, tell me the artist name and site
- Doesn't have to be work safe, use nudity/violance so long as it's funny

=Parts=
I am accepting as many parts as possible but I would like to find some people who are willing to do any of the following.

- Co-Organiser: Someone who will help maintain this collab with me.
- Preloader and Menu: I can do this but someone who can make something good is welcome.

=Sending=
Upload your part to Sendspace/Megaupload or other file uploading sites and PM me the link.
Or PM me for my email address to send it to.
Or send it me over AIM.

=Other=
Rough Deadline: 20th February 2009 but I'm willing to extend this.
If enough people are willing to take part, I will make a Newspost to keep up-to-date with this collab, this is my first collab so I don't know how well it'll go.

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-05 11:49:56

Sounds immense, I'll totally join in! Ima do it on another account though =]

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-05 16:03:38

Well alrght then, though I don't see what's wrong with you using that account unless there is something special about the one you plan on joining with.

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-05 19:42:11

I have an idea for this. I don't have much stuff on my profile (and even the stuff I do have I didn't create, random people co authored me). I guess if you do not like it you can clearly not accept it, but I have an idea. :P

BBS Signature

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-05 19:43:49

I heard you mentioned Co-Organizing? I might be able to help in that department. What would you need help with?

BBS Signature

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-05 20:58:28

I might actually be able to try this. I will start it right now (well, asap)

Do you need to use the voices from the actual adverts, or can you use your own?

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-05 21:25:21

Is this anti-PC?
If so, I'm not joining.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-06 06:27:00

At 1/5/09 07:43 PM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote: I heard you mentioned Co-Organizing? I might be able to help in that department. What would you need help with?

Someone to help keep things up-to-date, I don't need someone who will put the parts together because I can do that fine. I just have a terrible habit of forgetting about things sometimes, ahaha.

At 1/5/09 08:58 PM, BillysProgrammer wrote: Do you need to use the voices from the actual adverts, or can you use your own?

You can use the ones from the adverts if you can use them in a funny way but I would really try to get someone to voice act parts for you. It would help a little bit more.

At 1/5/09 09:25 PM, squidly wrote: Is this anti-PC?
If so, I'm not joining.

It's not Anti-PC so to speak, it's just a parody on the I'm a PC adverts that Microsoft are running out recently.

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-06 07:36:42

At 1/6/09 06:27 AM, Little-Rena wrote: It's not Anti-PC so to speak, it's just a parody on the I'm a PC adverts that Microsoft are running out recently.

Mac have done "I'm a Mac" adverts too, I think it would be best to let people parody either one, ie anti mac or anti pc, just to keep the fanboys at bay and youll probably get more entries!

Good Idea though man looking forward to seeing this come together!

BBS Signature

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-06 07:49:05

At 1/6/09 07:36 AM, J1mp wrote: Mac have done "I'm a Mac" adverts too, I think it would be best to let people parody either one, ie anti mac or anti pc, just to keep the fanboys at bay and youll probably get more entries!

The mac ones have been parodied to death, lol, these are the ads I'm talking about: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hi1se9rH7S 8

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-06 09:39:23

wow, this sounds good, i'd love a part!

Suck it.

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-06 16:40:40

I have a awesome idea. Count me in

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-06 16:46:10

At 1/6/09 06:27 AM, Little-Rena wrote:
At 1/5/09 07:43 PM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote: I heard you mentioned Co-Organizing? I might be able to help in that department.
Someone to help keep things up-to-date, I don't need someone who will put the parts together because I can do that fine.

Well if you need a Co-Organizer, I'd be happy to help! :)

BBS Signature

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-06 17:16:11

My script I may not be able to animate:

Mac: I'm a Mac
PC: And I'm a PC
Mac: I have a webcam!
PC: I am compatible with almost every program there is!
Mac: I can buy you music!
PC: I am more recommended for most people whom have been on a computer before!
Mac: I only have 3 viruses!
PC: Because people are too lazy to code for you...
Mac: There's less stuff to /clutter your system!
PC: Less stuff you can do that I CAN!
Mac: I look cooler!
PC: Does not compute, bitch
Mac: Does not compute yo Momma!

<Apple>

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-07 07:28:55

At 1/6/09 04:46 PM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote: Well if you need a Co-Organizer, I'd be happy to help! :)

Sure, it would be swell if you could make something as well though, lol ;)

At 1/6/09 05:16 PM, Super-Yombario wrote: My script I may not be able to animate:

You're thinking of the wrong advert, that's the Mac advert not the ones which just have diffrent people saying "I'm a PC ...." okay?

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-07 12:20:00

I'll definately be in. I have a few ideas, and I'll begin them later this evening..

I'm also interested in the Co-Organiser position. I have a bit of experience with creating collabs, and I'm just wondering what it may entail..

GOTPENMUSTFLASH!

BBS Signature

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-07 12:32:33

I'd love to join! Count me in! Will all of the artists get their name credited? 'Cause I don't like collabs that don't.

... but if you wont, I'll still join.

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-07 13:49:56

At 1/7/09 12:20 PM, fish1892 wrote: I'm also interested in the Co-Organiser position. I have a bit of experience with creating collabs, and I'm just wondering what it may entail..

Just someone who can help keep things on track if it looks like it's straying away and someone who might be willing to take parts from participants if I have to do something else, although that's unlikly. It would also help to some users to help pick the co-authors as well.

At 1/7/09 12:32 PM, Elfman-Rox wrote: I'd love to join! Count me in! Will all of the artists get their name credited? 'Cause I don't like collabs that don't.

All artists will be mentioned in the flash credits and I will link to profiles through it but not all authors will get co-author. Only the people who made the best parts will be co-authored.

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-07 14:17:36

ill try to make a decent menu and i have an idea for a short part. but don't count me in just yet because its only if i find some time or it turns out alright :]

Grah i feel so unknown, SK8MORE god damn :/ EvanHayes seems like a much more serious name than sk8more,so i changed it.

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-07 14:33:30

i may join i like the one that says "im a pc and i like donuts"

:my version would be a fat nerd sitting at a computer desk saying "im a pc and i F***ing LOVE DONUTS"

BBS Signature

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-07 15:01:48

Diamond Armada ripped your idea...

Or the other way around :')

What a good looking mirror.

BBS Signature

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-07 15:19:30

I'd be happy to partake the job of co-organiser. As I said, I have set up a few collabs, so I obviously have experience in the field. Anyway, it's your choice.

Here's my first part. Just something I knocked up fairly quickly.

"I'm a PC and I run a whorehouse in North London" "CUT!"

[fla]
[swf]

Is the collab going to be compiled like a big PC ad, with light BG music and stuff, or is it just going to be the clips as they are?

GOTPENMUSTFLASH!

BBS Signature

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-07 15:39:47

I have a question. Do we make our part now or wait till we find out if we are in?

Suck it.

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-07 16:02:30

At 1/7/09 03:01 PM, Lazyfeet wrote: Or the other way around :')

Other way around, that was uploaded on the 7th according to Youtube, this topic made on the 5th and I had the idea two days before that just too lazy to post. I was searching to see if anyone started this collab already though ;)

At 1/7/09 03:19 PM, fish1892 wrote: I'd be happy to partake the job of co-organiser. As I said, I have set up a few collabs, so I obviously have experience in the field. Anyway, it's your choice.

Sure, you can be the co-organiser if you wish, also your part is fine although you might want to add your name in the corner.

Is the collab going to be compiled like a big PC ad, with light BG music and stuff, or is it just going to be the clips as they are?

I might add some light background music and run it like an advert or just have it look like a collection of deleted scenes, still deciding that. If it's done as a collection of deleted scenes, it means I will animate one of those things with the "Take 3" things, dunno what they are called. But that could have some artist info on it as well.

At 1/7/09 03:39 PM, SK8ninja wrote: I have a question. Do we make our part now or wait till we find out if we are in?

Uh, well you need to make your part to be in, so you should make it now, lol.

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-09 15:16:58

At 1/7/09 01:49 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
At 1/7/09 12:32 PM, Elfman-Rox wrote: I'd love to join! Count me in! Will all of the artists get their name credited? 'Cause I don't like collabs that don't.
All artists will be mentioned in the flash credits and I will link to profiles through it but not all authors will get co-author. Only the people who made the best parts will be co-authored.

I guess I'll have to try hard then! (: I hope that this collab doesn't fall apart like a lot of them do!

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-09 17:20:45

At 1/9/09 03:16 PM, Elfman-Rox wrote: I hope that this collab doesn't fall apart like a lot of them do!

In theory, it shouldn't, due to fact that we have 2 organisers. The biggest threat is the lack of popularity.

GOTPENMUSTFLASH!

BBS Signature

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-09 18:08:51

Mine's almost done, just gotta finish it off and add sound/voices. By the way, can it have music, or are you doing that?

Suck it.

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-10 11:03:01

At 1/9/09 05:20 PM, fish1892 wrote:
At 1/9/09 03:16 PM, Elfman-Rox wrote: I hope that this collab doesn't fall apart like a lot of them do!
In theory, it shouldn't, due to fact that we have 2 organisers. The biggest threat is the lack of popularity.

Yeah, more than one organiser should really help this out, so we'll see how it goes, I'm going to be adding a newspost for this collab on my profile at some point.

At 1/9/09 06:08 PM, SK8ninja wrote: Mine's almost done, just gotta finish it off and add sound/voices. By the way, can it have music, or are you doing that?

Hmm, sure you can have music and sound effects. I mean if it clashes with anything, I'll let you know but I don't think it will. So please do :)

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-10 15:40:45

Response to I'm A Pc: Deleted Clips Collab 2009-01-11 01:04:11

So is this gonna be like:

"Hi, i'm a PC"

"And i'm a TIGORRRRRR!!"

"ZOMG DUN EAT MAH!! WOOPWOOPWOOP!"

Or something of the kind?
Just need to know some things ;P

"Anybody in this room of wankers got enough pride to talk to me?"

Signiture by xHeavyMetalx :D

BBS Signature