00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest

506,312 Views | 1,639 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-07 18:52:15

At 1/7/09 05:57 PM, Stamper wrote:
Oh you know back to the buzz-cut American air-force guy thing...I just realized that they made Guile to appeal to American audiences, which it did. So the final piece to your puzzle probably revolves around Canada not having enough relevance to try to appeal to the low number of gamers there?

Just rambling and thinking out loud here, sry.

True it's just mostly that noone really knows much about Canada let alone its Culture as Canada isnt a very popular Country I was more thinking possibly a Canadian Special Forces Street Fighter or perhapes a Hockey Player I mean Sodom Resembles Canada sorta except he is American but never the less it's just that our country doesnt have alot of popularity let alone we have 100 Soldiers Dead just being used as Meat Sheilds for American Troops but yeah I'm just saying it would be pretty cool I mean Canada is a pretty good Country we can download shit Legally lol so yeah

But then again their are Other Countries that don't even have Charactars its mostly people who make desicions on these things besides everytime we come out with something new or whatever it always gets taken away by the States due to popularity Jim Carry was Canadian until the USA took him in but yeah my Country is pretty Depressing tons of Snow and shit bro

Federation Of Russia

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-07 18:57:14

Sounds awesome! I cant wait to see it. ;D

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-07 19:00:52

Is there an Australian one? (i havent played since the snes)
....if there isnt an Australian one theyre just being lazy.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-07 19:39:38

Yeah, I think thats it. You guys have no stereotypes. You're just a peaceful, largely unpopulated

Canada love to play hockey eh?!
Canada love to drink BETTER beer eh?!
Canada love to eat Maple syrup eh?!
Canada love to live in the Igloo eh?!
Canada love to sit on the Polar bear ride go to skool eh?!
Canada love to fluently prefect English ourselves Dialect eh?!
Does Canada speak French eh?!
Canada love to being polite eh?!
Canada love to better comedian and humour eh?!
Canada love to feeling Friendliest eh?!
Canada love to support Gay Marriage eh?!
Canada are the Eskimo people eh?!
Canada love to say EH?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna Still Go On Stamper

Federation Of Russia

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-07 20:03:49

OYAAAAAJIIIIII

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-07 21:35:34

At 1/7/09 01:54 PM, HeavyDNY86 wrote: I dunno much about SF (never been much of a fight game enthusiast), so would it be cool if I animated pure battle and left the humor behind? I'm pretty decent at fight animations.

I retract my earlier statement, I think I've come up with a solution. I just hope it hasn't been done before... I'm in.

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.

My Deviant art page is HERE

XBOX Live Gamertag: ape X ape

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-07 21:50:51

At 1/7/09 07:00 PM, PiGPEN wrote: Is there an Australian one? (i havent played since the snes)
....if there isnt an Australian one theyre just being lazy

yeah hes called Dan

Federation Of Russia

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-07 21:52:45

The best thing I can come up with for a Canadian SF character is a lumberjack who squirts maple syrup into his opponent's face as his hadouken, but instead of yelling hadouken he yells "EH"

Your basic Canadian stereotypes right there. Did I mention he can snowboard and speak french?

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-07 22:24:06

Okay so after reading a lot of arguements... I think there could be a canadian character... sorry to burst everyone's bubbles but check this bad boy out:

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-07 22:38:13

At 1/7/09 07:39 PM, Labusch wrote:
Yeah, I think thats it. You guys have no stereotypes. You're just a peaceful, largely unpopulated
Canada love to play hockey eh?!
Canada love to drink BETTER beer eh?!
Canada love to eat Maple syrup eh?!
Canada love to live in the Igloo eh?!
Canada love to sit on the Polar bear ride go to skool eh?!
Canada love to fluently prefect English ourselves Dialect eh?!
Does Canada speak French eh?!
Canada love to being polite eh?!
Canada love to better comedian and humour eh?!
Canada love to feeling Friendliest eh?!
Canada love to support Gay Marriage eh?!
Canada are the Eskimo people eh?!
Canada love to say EH?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna Still Go On Stamper

Haha, you could, if you wanted...but again, how do any of those apply to a potential Street Fighter? Nobody wants to navigate their cursor over to the friendly, average man who supports gay marriage and says 'eh'. Sure you have stereotypes, but none worth calling attention to. I guess thats what I meant.

See, Americans are meat-headed action movie fans. WE START WARS, BEAT EACH OTHER IN THE STREETS, EAT SLOW, FUCK FAST, AND DIE HARD TO ROCKIN' SOUNDTRACK.

Canadians don't lock their doors at night. What common aspect of the Canadian lifestyle would push someone into the seedy world of street fighting?

YOU KNOW WHAT LOOK GAY, A CANADIAN STREET FIGHTER IS NEVER HAPPENING, EVER. MARK IT. I'M TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW, IF THEY EVER INTRODUCED A FIGHTER FROM CANADA, MOST OF THE WORLD WOULD LAUGH.

AND YEAH, I'LL SAY IT

HOW CAN SUCH A HUGE COUNTRY BE SO WORTHLESS AND DEVOID OF INTEREST? YOUR COUNTRY IS A JOKE AND NONE OF US IMPORTANT COUNTRIES CARE ABOUT IT. YOU SPAN OUR ENTIRE NORTHERN BORDER AND SNEER DOWN AT US WITH CONTEMPT, AND NOBODY SO MUCH AS BRINGS YOU UP AT LUNCH, LET ALONE CASUAL CONVERSATION ABOUT OTHER COUNTRIES. THE AVERAGE AMERICAN HAS MORE KNOWLEDGE AND THINGS TO SAY ABOUT BRAZIL THAN CANADA...IN FACT, THE ONLY TIME ANY AMERICAN PERSON EVER THINKS ABOUT CANADA IS WHEN A CANADIAN TUGS OUR SHIRT TO REMIND US IT'S UP THERE, SO IMAGINE HOW THE REST OF THE WORLD FEELS ABOUT YOU, ESPECIALLY JAPANESE GAME COMPANIES. NOW LEAVE MY SIGHT PERMANENTLY AND...I DUNNO, TAKE YOUR DOUGHY, BLEACHED CANADIAN SKIN OVER TO YOUTUBE AND LOOK UP A VIDEO OF SOMETHING AMERICAN AND WRITE A SMUG COMMENT THAT STRESSES HOW STUPID AMERICANS ARE IN COMPARISON TO CANADIANS, AND IF SOMEBODY ARGUES YOUR OPINION, MENTION YOUR SUPERIOR HEALTHCARE OR GOVERNMENT LIKE ALWAYS, I'M SURE THAT'LL FIX THEIR WAGON.

BY THE WAY TORONTO IS A NICE CITY. EVERYTHING WAS REALLY CLEAN AND NICE, THE AIR WAS CRISP AND THE PEOPLE WERE REALLY HOSPITABLE. I WAS ALSO SURPRISED AT THE CLEANLINESS OF THE AIRPORT. IT WAS A REAL TREAT AND I HOPE TO VISIT AGAIN SOON.

PROBABLY WON'T THOUGH, AS NOBODY IN MY SUPERIOR COUNTRY HAS ANY REASON OR DESIRE TO GO TO YOURS. YOUR COUNTRY IS A LAYOVER TO A BETTER COUNTRY. YOUR COUNTRY IS A PITSTOP FOR GAS BEFORE PEOPLE GET TO ALASKA. SERIOUSLY, I HAVE NEVER, IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, HEARD ANOTHER AMERICAN SAY 'YOU KNOW STAMP? I'M SIMPLY DYING TO VISIT CANADA. I WONDER WHAT IT'S LIKE?' EVERY AMERICAN WHO'S BEEN TO CANADA SUMS UP YOUR ENTIRE COUNTRY IN UNDER 5 SECONDS, MUCH LIKE THEY JUST GOT BACK FROM THE GRAND OPENING OF A NEW SUPERMARKET:

HUSBAND: HEY HONEY, HOW WAS THE NEW SUPERMARKET?
WIFE: EH, IT'S REAL BIG! REAL CLEAN, TOO. LOTS OF PARKING, AND THE PEOPLE WERE REAL FRIENDLY. ANYWAYS WHAT WERE WE TALKING ABOUT?

ALL YOU HAVE TO OFFER THE WORLD IS HOCKEY AND THE SYRUP YOU DRAIN OUT OF TREES AND TREAT LIKE AN INVENTION. I HATE HOCKEY, AND I HATE PANCAKES, SO FUCK MAPLE SYRUP AND FUCK YOUR COUNTRY AND YOUR DUMBASS PUSSY LEAF FLAG. YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE HILARIOUS? IF CANADA WENT TO WAR AND THEIR FRONT LINE MARCHED A FAGGOT FLAG WITH A LEAF DOWN THE BATTLEFIELD. THATS THE BEST YOU COULD COME UP WITH? THE LEAF FROM THE TREE THAT GIVES YOU SYRUP? YOUR COUNTRY TAKES PRIDE IN THIS? DO YOU GUYS HAVE AN ANNUAL PUSSY FAGGOT PARADE, TOO, WHERE EVERYONE MARCHES DOWN MAIN STREET, EXCEPT EVERYONE'S NAKED AND MARCHING SIDEWAYS SO THEY CAN JACK EACHOTHER OFF IN BEAT WITH THE STEPS? YEAH NO THANKS BUT HELP YOURSELF, GAYFAG MCQUEER.

I DON'T EVEN BUY BRAWNY PAPER TOWELS BECAUSE THE MAN ON THE FRONT LOOKS CANADIAN, AND I AM NOT, REPEAT, NOT UPSETTING THE HARMONY OF MY PURE AMERICAN HOME WITH SOME CANADIAN-LOOKING FAGGOT WITH A DUMBASS SMILE WHO PROBABLY COULDN'T CLEAN UP SPILLS HALF AS GOOD AS AN AMERICAN-LOOKING BRAND, PROBABLY BECAUSE THE CANADIANISH BRAND SITS AROUND AND WAITS FOR HIS HEALTHCARE TO DO IT FOR HIM BECAUSE HE'S A TENDER HANDED PUSSY WHO WEARS POOFY WINTER JACKETS AND OWNS ICE SKATES AND FAGGISHLY CARVES FIGURE 8 PATTERNS INTO THE LAKE NEXT TO HIS REASONABLY PRICED HOME WITH BREATHTAKING SCENERY, PROBABLY WEARS A SCARF TOO, YOU KNOW, TO PROTECT HIS DELICATE CANADIAN PUSSY NECK FROM THE BITTER COLD "BRRR I'M A FAGGOT, BETTER GRAB MY MITTENS HEHE"

ALL CANADIANS FUCK THEIR FATHERS

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-07 22:54:34

Stamper is a closeted Canadian.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-07 23:35:25

At 1/7/09 10:38 PM, Stamper wrote: HOW CAN SUCH A HUGE COUNTRY BE SO WORTHLESS AND DEVOID OF INTEREST?

Funniest... tirade... ever!!!

We are all transitional beings, a consequence of the past and a cause for the future.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-07 23:56:48

As much as I hate Canada, can we get back to the dick jokes?

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 00:12:49

dan hibiki is SUCH a good target to parody for this upcoming collab. may i suggest this picture somewhere stuch inbetween the credits or on the wall if there is a "in a house" scene. you know, cuz there is always some parody of something in a completely unrelated enviroment

you make me whip out the FACEPALM

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 00:14:46

what i ment by last post is the picture ukinojoe posted lol, sorry for the unspecific-ness.

you make me whip out the FACEPALM

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 09:56:10

At 1/7/09 10:24 PM, Master-Samus wrote: Okay so after reading a lot of arguements... I think there could be a canadian character... sorry to burst everyone's bubbles but check this bad boy out:

I must support you on that one, hehe, but that hockey mask looks familiar *Cough Killing Spree *Cough

I personally have nothing against Canadians, I'm from South America, Argentina, where the stereotype is preety much like the Spanish one, I must say that lots of the Countries near get pissed of because we actually ignored our cultural riches by fully adapting to the Spaniards, which is true, but in Canada, it's true, nobody really pays attention to them, but it's not an awful country, hasn't done anything bad after all, right? They may be too... too... generic, but for that they don't deserve to be picked on, I think. Sure, it isn't the greates country of all time, and yeah, the stereotype from Canada is possible, the guy in hockey mask, his attack would be Moose Ram, Hockey Putt throw and Syrup-Hoo... OK, I shut up...

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 13:18:37

At 1/7/09 08:09 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote: Street Fighters are largely stereotypes from their respective countries, and there's only one stereotype I can think of from CANADA.

these guys should just stick to riding horses or maybe join that homo-brigade the King of Fighters

Wait
"Royal Canadian Mounted Police"?

Theres Royality in canada?

WAIT
Canadian Mounted Police?
That means the police are the ones being mounted by canadians.
Which means
The horse is the police
not the mountie.

Case closed.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 13:52:31

At 1/3/09 07:21 AM, Master-Samus wrote: Umm in your pic... isn't that meant to be M.Bison? Not Vega...

M.Bison: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._Bison
Vega:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vega_(
Street_Fighter)

Sounds cool though (old school SF fan... SNES style) I'll think about it :)

You're unfamiliar with the Japanese character names (Akuma is the "American" name for the fighter on the right). Ironically, the hyperlinks you've included actually explain this.

Can't wait for this collab or SF IV

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 15:12:49

At 1/3/09 06:14 AM, GrandfatherClock wrote: can we do a naruto collab

Make me know if there is a naruto collab coming UP !
I might be in for the street Fighter collab...but can I do Like a 5-10 movie like a quick flash between 2 shorts ? I don't really expect to win.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 16:55:46

Here Take my Ideas all of you

Stamper comes home and finds Chun Li
Stamper and Johnny Utah play street fighter such as Johnny going hey stamper look what I got Street Fighter IV

Federation Of Russia

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 18:13:08

Anyone know where I can get some high quality SF sfx? More specificly Ken, Chun Li, and Blanka.

I'm having the hardest time finding any good ones.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 18:32:18

Stamper, i know you're trying to prove a point about why there shouldn't be a canadian character, but come on. we all know you're not actually a bigot like that.

i live in toronto, and as nice as it is, it's really just a big nicely polished pile of generic.
We don't have a fuckin scene for anything.

I wanna come down to california or new york or some shit so i can go to conventions and actually have some fun when i go out. imo, canada has better living conditions and is 'a better place' in a lot of ways, but isn't that what makes it so damn boring?

As for the sf character, stfu a canadian street fighter character would be the dumbest fucking shit in the world. They've got guile in there because america's army is so notorious and the states is known worldwide as the land of promise and all that. Immigrants don't even consider the fact that canada is around when they want to get a job in north america.

oh, and for you fags with your stereotypes:
- i hate hockey.
- i hate pancakes/syrup
- i think our flag is gay
- igloos and polar bears? you have to be fucking retarded.

you know what i think i'm just gonna move to the states some time.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 19:01:24

Yo guys, just to let you know my sketch is gonna involve Dan and so are many others apparently so if you haven't come up with your idea yet, try to stay away from ol' D-block. We don't want too many Dan cartoons, am I right? Plus, I heard E. Honda has a bigger wiener.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 19:05:24

Whoa I am a hardcore fan of Street fighter. You bet your ass I'm gonna try to make an flash for this collab!

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 19:42:02

Did anybody say "Select your character!'? Oh you didn't? well anyways here's mine, Im gonna fix the elbow which is awful and erase the BG I'll miss you fully filter rendered and photoshoped beach...

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 19:54:08

Huh no sprites? That makes no sense considering that street fighter has basically been always sprites and it's the kinds of appropiate sprites that would work. I know it may be harder to make unique or special however it is quite possible to make a great short submission using the sprites. I don't understand whats up with all this sprite hating.

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 20:07:30

At 1/8/09 07:54 PM, Yukin wrote: Huh no sprites? That makes no sense considering that street fighter has basically been always sprites and it's the kinds of appropiate sprites that would work. I know it may be harder to make unique or special however it is quite possible to make a great short submission using the sprites. I don't understand whats up with all this sprite hating.

Well, I certainly believe it's because sprites give you less possibilities when it comes to animating, besides, the sprite work is ussually not worth it, the normal flash submissions instead, are way better than the wprites, basically because theyre sprites with way higher definition, which allows you to make better shades, so yeah

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 20:22:25

At 1/8/09 07:54 PM, Yukin wrote: Huh no sprites? That makes no sense considering that street fighter has basically been always sprites and it's the kinds of appropiate sprites that would work. I know it may be harder to make unique or special however it is quite possible to make a great short submission using the sprites. I don't understand whats up with all this sprite hating.

Yeah...no sprites. This prevents a million sprite cartoons from rolling through, plus it'd be funnier or more interesting to see peoples takes on SF characters, as opposed to seeing the same sprites we've been looking at for well over a decade now...and in every other submission.

Theres other reasons, but that about covers it. We're not doing it to ruin your day.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 20:24:47

At 1/7/09 05:57 PM, Stamper wrote: So what would make a Canadian Street Fighter special?

well what about a Sarah Palin canadian fighter. special skills : nothing.

chk chk boom.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-08 20:51:26

This is going to be awesome cant wait for it to come out.

No reason.