Be a Supporter!

Pro-hamas Game On Front Page?

  • 1,920 Views
  • 57 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Member since: Sep. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 08:03 AM Reply

Who's to say that Israel aren't the evil ones? You're trying to brainwash me into thinking Hamas are the evil ones.

Achilles2
Achilles2
  • Member since: Apr. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 08:13 AM Reply

At 1/3/09 05:49 AM, ToMeRoN wrote: The fact is, THE GAME DOESNT WORK.

When the admins put it on the front page, it worked. In fact, I played it 2 days ago, and it was working perfectly.

For some reason, the uploader replaced the 3 min. version with a 5 sec. version, or some glitch hit the game, whatever. The fact is is that flash should be and is put up on the front page because they are artistic and well-made, not because the admins agree or disagree with its political statement.

As long as the flash is not harmful, then political statement has no bearing.

Bramly-apple
Bramly-apple
  • Member since: Aug. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 08:24 AM Reply

Its the internet. Shit happens.

Thracian
Thracian
  • Member since: Sep. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 08:30 AM Reply

Hypocrite, you're so butthurt but if it was made from the other perspective you'd be 5'ing and favoriting.


BBS Signature
C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Writer
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 09:05 AM Reply

And REMEMBER, kids! Using CAPS makes your arguments MORE VALID and make you seem MORE MATURE! As do EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!
So somebody submitted content you didn't agree with. Here's a bottle of whine, and theres a waaambulance waiting for you outside.


Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature
C-Hawk
C-Hawk
  • Member since: Nov. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Writer
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 09:15 AM Reply

At 1/3/09 09:10 AM, Grammer wrote:

: The game sucks, but I favorited it because it has a good message
Yeah i love it too, it rocks. New favorite for me as well.


Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature
8sidedcircle
8sidedcircle
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 09:23 AM Reply

At 1/3/09 06:07 AM, liljimmy2 wrote:
Yes, and neither should the V-Tech game or others but you know what?
It's a little thing called freedom of speech, now as for the front page...Idk talk to Tom or someone about that... but it's not like you really can stop it...

You don't like it? Leave then. There's nothing saying you have to play your games on NG.

Funny talking about free speech whilst telling the guy to shut the fuck up, huh?

Joe
Joe
  • Member since: Jun. 20, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 09:36 AM Reply

At 1/3/09 05:23 AM, ToMeRoN wrote: That's like someone will make a game a game where you need to kill Jews (or people in WWII) with Hitler, alongside interesting facts that show how "awesome" Hitler is and how smart he is and how everyone should love him. And not only that, but it will also be featured on the front page.

But is it fun? That's the part you seem to ignore.

At 1/3/09 06:07 AM, ToMeRoN wrote: What if I made a game called "Kill Tom Fulp", HOWEVER it wasn't in a comical way, but in a serious way.

Would it be fun? If you made a fun, clever game about killing Tom, I'm sure he'd put it on the front page.


The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature
Britkid
Britkid
  • Member since: May. 20, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 11:23 AM Reply

At 1/3/09 05:23 AM, ToMeRoN wrote: That's like someone will make a game a game where you need to kill Jews (or people in WWII) with Hitler, alongside interesting facts that show how "awesome" Hitler is and how smart he is and how everyone should love him. And not only that, but it will also be featured on the front page.

Uh oh, I think we just had a massive dose of VICTIM MENTALITY.


Give my thoughts form and make them look insightful.

andrease
andrease
  • Member since: Nov. 1, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 1/3/09 05:23 AM, ToMeRoN wrote: Hey,

I'm just wondering how is it possible that a game that supports a terrorist organization, is now featured on the front page.

A game that talks about how "unfair" the Israeli are, by FINALLY responding to the rockets that Hamas are shooting at us AFTER EIGHT YEARS.

Why is that game featured on the front page? That's ridiculous!

Lol, its a game.
There's a game in which you loot the tsunami victim, there's a sucide bomber game.

Or maybe the fulp's are anti-semit?


Fuck the corporate world!

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:43 PM Reply

At 1/3/09 05:57 AM, Rohedin wrote: Lulz, they're getting bombed.

pretty much typical NG response, so why the hell not make a game out of it?

To get great ratio always built three airports and a headquarter.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
lawlmaster
lawlmaster
  • Member since: Jun. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Gamer
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:45 PM Reply

Quit your bitching its a game.get over it.

wimp

A spear in your chest and a fire in your ass. I only play as Scorpion in MK games, because I'm that much of a fanboy.

BBS Signature
WilliWowza
WilliWowza
  • Member since: Jan. 29, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 1/3/09 06:03 AM, ToMeRoN wrote: A game that clearly says "DESTROY ISRAEL! KILL ALL THE JEWS!" as a propaganda, and not as an idea for an innocent game, isn't a game that should be featured on the front page. I don't think it should even be in this website.

Being anti-Israel is not the same as being anti-semetic, and besides it doesn't clearly state that as propaganda at all. It's giving the view point of a certain individual is on one side of a conflict. There is no way that this, or any game, should be taken down off of this site because some people deem it controvserial or against their views, because Newgrounds has always protected the freedom for people to express themselves in their flash however they want to.


He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.
Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:52 PM Reply

At 1/3/09 05:23 AM, ToMeRoN wrote:
A game that talks about how "unfair" the Israeli are, by FINALLY responding to the rockets that Hamas are shooting at us AFTER EIGHT YEARS.

You know after 62 years of illegal occupation...

And consider the difference in scale. Off course, as an Israeli, you're hardly very objective about these things.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
WingCommand
WingCommand
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:56 PM Reply

Would someone like to tell me game this guy is ranting on about?


I hate Poozy.

BBS Signature
JohnnyWang
JohnnyWang
  • Member since: May. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 04:12 PM Reply

About the Muhammed cartoon thing, there's more to it. Apparently radical Imams got their hands on much more offensive drawings of Muhammed, apparently for very far-right publications and claimed to the masses that they were published in a Major Newspaper (mind you Jyllands Posten isn't published outside Denmarks, so how would they know, really?), a documentarist went around the protests in the Middle East and showed people a copy of the drawing, and the protestors didn't recognise them, didn't think they were all that offenssive, and according to one "They don't even look like Muhammed"

As for the game. Well, haven't played it, and I don't really take a habit of playing those sorts of games anymore. But I did understand, from the blurb, that you can choose which side you're on.

Topic starter, however, seems to think in the mindset of not automatically taking Israel's side on everything = Opposition to Israel = Opposition to Jews = Hitler. The holocaust was horrible, but that doesn't excuse threating other people like shit for decades to come. Especially if you're not one of the survivors, but a decendant, or decendant of those who weren't even targetted, due to lacation.

Hamas is a terrorist organisation, by the defintion of Israel, USA and EU, but not the UN. According to the United Nations international law, they are a resistance movement defending their home country, and thus, not terrorists. I do not actually agree with them, or most of their goals. I'm more of a PPP supporter, though I do admit that armed self defense is needed when you're up against the greatest military force (with Nukes, too) in the whole region.


I don't take revenue from my profile.
TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature
DiagnosticHour
DiagnosticHour
  • Member since: Nov. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 1/3/09 03:56 PM, WingCommand wrote: Would someone like to tell me game this guy is ranting on about?

Charger Escape. I had no idea it had a hidden message either. Damn horses....

Conspiracy3
Conspiracy3
  • Member since: Aug. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 04:17 PM Reply

At 1/3/09 06:03 AM, ToMeRoN wrote: No, the game is offensive because it is made to convince you that the Hamas terrorist organization is good, and that Israeli isn't.

If that game was a game without these facts, i.e. "Shoot the Israelis!" or "Shoot the terrorists!" I wouldn't mind. The problem is that the game was made to deliver a message, and that is that Israeli is evil.

Why? Because in the game you see quotes from Israel's prime minister, and you see 1 rocket hit Israel and then suddenly Israel are bombing Gaza (that's not true, btw, Hamas is bombing us for EIGHT YEARS and we didn't respond until now), followed by a lot of facts that are meant to make you think Israelis are the bad guys, Hamas are the good guys.

A game that clearly says "DESTROY ISRAEL! KILL ALL THE JEWS!" as a propaganda, and not as an idea for an innocent game, isn't a game that should be featured on the front page. I don't think it should even be in this website.

The isrealis are the real terrorists. They stole land from the Palestinians and made them second-class citizens. Israel is the only nation that currently openly supports genocide and torture. They support a current Israeli apartheid. Now they are bombing innocent civilians in Gaza.

HandsomePete
HandsomePete
  • Member since: Aug. 24, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 54
Filmmaker
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 06:31 PM Reply

In case you're new to this site, that's kind of how it works. It provokes controversy when it can. That's how it was founded.
Anyway, as for a pro-Hamas stance, a lot of people are behind Palestine on this one. I think they're both idiots, and both sides lose no matter what just by fighting this way. Hamas is posing a threat, but it's more of a nuisance than anything, yet dangerous enough to warrant a response. Israel, on the other hand has been downright psychopathic in its response. At least in this case.
As for the message of the game, that x number of Israelis die for each number of y Palestinians, Hamas has to know by now that those are the odds, but they continue to fight the way that they do to garner sympathy. Israel is paranoid and everything they do pisses off the Arab world.
They fight, Palestinians die, Israel looks like assholes, everyone loses.


BBS Signature
ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Member since: Jun. 3, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Musician
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 06:35 PM Reply

At 1/3/09 05:23 AM, ToMeRoN wrote: A game that talks about how "unfair" the Israeli are, by FINALLY responding to the rockets that Hamas are shooting at us AFTER EIGHT YEARS.

He said us. He's only pissed because he's Israeli.


Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature
FourthHorsemanDeath
FourthHorsemanDeath
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 3rd, 2009 @ 09:59 PM Reply

I don't mean to sound like a jack ass, because I personally don't like the game, but Newgrounds most prominent games are based off of killing random celebrities. Assassin anyone? I mean that's offensive to certain people, and Newgrounds has never said that it was trying to make everything good for everyone. I'm not Anti-Israel in any way, but the Hamas is a legitimate organization and political party within Palestinian people. The ENTIRE Middle East, almost all of it, is surrounded by enemies. You got Iraq and Iran, Iraq and Kuwait, Israel and Palestinians, and more that I can't remember.

Why get all worked up over a game, a GAME, that is supposed to be about destroying something. Hell, let's also get offended about Battle Gear because it promotes Russian, Chinese, and American superiority.


Well, I am HIV-.

And everyone knows that when you multiply a negative by a positive you get a negative.

BBS Signature
Sir-S-Of-TURBO
Sir-S-Of-TURBO
  • Member since: May. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 4th, 2009 @ 10:27 AM Reply

OH SHIT, CONTROVERSIAL ENTERTAINMENT?! ON MY NEWGROUNDS?!?!?!?!?!

Don't worry, I'm sure Tom Fulp will take it down in a matter of seconds - We can't have people have fun on the internet if someone is offended.


FGSFDS

Clownings
Clownings
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 4th, 2009 @ 11:49 AM Reply

Hey man, people can have their say no matter how ridiculous it sounds. And denying them their say is simply being a gaggle of assholes. Now, we're no gaggle of assholes, are we?
Doesn't mean we have to agree, but we can sure listen.

Monkey-Boy
Monkey-Boy
  • Member since: Feb. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 4th, 2009 @ 12:42 PM Reply

When the IRA bombed London way back when, we didn't go and bomb the shit out of Irish civillians, because you can't punish a country for the actions of a group, whether they are based there or not.


BBS Signature
raidgaza
raidgaza
  • Member since: Dec. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 12th, 2009 @ 11:00 AM Reply

At 1/3/09 05:23 AM, ToMeRoN wrote: A game that talks about how "unfair" the Israeli are, by FINALLY responding to the rockets that Hamas are shooting at us AFTER EIGHT YEARS.

Why is that game featured on the front page? That's ridiculous!

That's like someone will make a game a game where you need to kill Jews (or people in WWII) with Hitler, alongside interesting facts that show how "awesome" Hitler is and how smart he is and how everyone should love him. And not only that, but it will also be featured on the front page.

HAHAHHAHAHAH
yeah, you got me there, toma-moron. I'm actually the secret grandson of Hitler. But.. how did you find out about my next game?

Drake
Drake
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Audiophile
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 12th, 2009 @ 11:06 AM Reply

So somebody is Jewish or supports the HAMAS big time. I really don't care for that stuff.

War plz D:
Wegra
Wegra
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Movie Buff
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 12th, 2009 @ 11:15 AM Reply

That's just Newgrounds for ya. Where Sick shit always gets front page.


I have a penis

BBS Signature
Earfetish
Earfetish
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Pro-hamas Game On Front Page? Jan. 12th, 2009 @ 11:21 AM Reply

try www.disney.com

shit like that is why I love NG