New Topic Respond to this Topic
Starogre
Starogre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-30 22:48:47 Reply

a game where you ride a ball with big nose and shoot string at cloud to fly to moon and beat russia in race to moon then you fly and dodge stars and get through atmospheres to other moons then you beat russia in race to moon 3 more times then planets collide and your dream ends and you wake up sweaty and realize its just dream and you are relieved and go to the bathroom then go back to sleep i think it would make good game maybe capcom can publish or work on it with me

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature
zenyara
zenyara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-30 22:56:13 Reply

At 12/30/08 10:25 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 12/30/08 09:45 PM, Gustavos wrote: How about an AWESOME MOVIE like how EGORAPTOR would make one???
Here's a handy flow chart for you to follow then

LOL you give him way too much credit.

Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-30 23:12:24 Reply

At 12/30/08 10:48 PM, Starogre wrote: a game where you ride a ball with big nose and shoot string at cloud to fly to moon and beat russia in race to moon then you fly and dodge stars and get through atmospheres to other moons then you beat russia in race to moon 3 more times then planets collide and your dream ends and you wake up sweaty and realize its just dream and you are relieved and go to the bathroom then go back to sleep i think it would make good game maybe capcom can publish or work on it with me

HAHA good luck getting capcom to publish that rusty husk of a game concept... you ever think of something called widening the market? Right now you're alienating all of russia with that concept which is no good. I'm all for alienating countries but russia is HUGGGGEE!!!! It takes up like half the world and there's a LOT of market potential there.

Plus it's a lot like a game already out, can't recall the name at the moment but it'll come to me.

Starogre
Starogre
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-30 23:14:06 Reply

DUDE THAT WAS WAY TOO HARSH I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature
Knyszekanimated
Knyszekanimated
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 00:33:27 Reply

I've got a great idea!

Ok, so you're a big talking red lizard whose main attack is bash attack that is controlled by it's master, a 14-year-old avid young newgrounds user. And then the lizard battles other lizards (but not red ones) and ends up getting to SUPERLizard where you use bash attack on the giant lizards head to bash his ideas. The SUPERLizard goes unconscious and explodes and you get away in time but your master dies a horrible yet honorable death. You then play the rest of the game saving 100 lizard's lives to avenge your master's death. The game is like a top-down RPG and uses a very innovative Active Battle System that allows for a lot of freedom with the lizard. Oh, and it's NOT tile-based. The game starts with an awesome storyline and ends with gameplay and replay value. I say its a win-win don't ya think?

Damn long wasn't it? Nice, big, juicy and ready for the bashin'! lol

RubberTank2...
Out Soon...

BBS Signature
sdfmusic
sdfmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 02:08:42 Reply

A music-sim fighting game like smash brothers eats rez and ddr.

sdfmusic
sdfmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 02:09:56 Reply

also, soldat.

The-titan
The-titan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 02:15:58 Reply

a Medieval Strategy game, where you take over villages with units you research, you build stuff in your castle and stuff...

its actually what im working on right now :D

BBS Signature
zenyara
zenyara
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 02:42:28 Reply

An idea I've had for a long time is basically an MMO where you never have to play it. You simply create your character and come back from time to time and "influence" them.

066pop
066pop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 04:45:31 Reply

How about a game where you can do stuff in big ways, like blowing up a plannet, or in small ways, like by killing rnadom bacteria, BUT you cannot do medium things like helping people. And you have to somehow make a civilization like that. That would be pretty cool to mess around on. xD BOOOM *squish*

Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 12:04:21 Reply

At 12/31/08 12:33 AM, Knyszekanimated wrote: is controlled by it's master, a 14-year-old avid young newgrounds user.

Alright, I know for a fact that you're doing that idea for the sole purpose of making it like me, and I have to say, do people think that time stands still on the internet? Yes, I was 14 at one point BUT I'M 18 NOW! I've grown, matured (maybe), improved, and learned. Hell, I was 2 feet shorter when I joined. I'm still young, but I'm certainly not 14 anymore.

At 12/31/08 02:15 AM, The-titan wrote: a Medieval Strategy game, where you take over villages with units you research, you build stuff in your castle and stuff...

its actually what im working on right now :D

Flesh out the idea more and add some ORIGINAL TWIST to it that will separate it from the other games like it. Every game needs an original twist, and if you can't encourage people to try your game from a text description alone, then you need to work on the concept before you even worry about implementing it.

At 12/31/08 04:45 AM, 066pop wrote: How about a game where you can do stuff in big ways, like blowing up a plannet, or in small ways, like by killing rnadom bacteria, BUT you cannot do medium things like helping people. And you have to somehow make a civilization like that. That would be pretty cool to mess around on. xD BOOOM *squish*

Might be "cool to mess around on" but the thing is you wouldn't be able to control anything at all, and how would you decide what killing 1 bacteria does in the game? Nothing? Random chaotic effect? If that's the case you'd have to have some MASSIVE simulation of real life to determine what happens by killing one bacteria, cause if you hard code that it'll be boring and if it does nothing then that will be boring.

K-Guare
K-Guare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 12:16:59 Reply

Got one!

You play as a Online Flash Game Idea Search Agent. (OFGISA, pronounced OFF-GIZAAA),
and you rate incoming Flash Game Idea's from wanna-be great flash artists.
You go through 10 ideas, rating them on a scale of 1-10,
10 being the most successful. After you go through the 10,
your game calculates a score based on how quickly you did it,
and how close you got to the actual success rating of the game
given by senior Flash Game Idea Basher, Glaliel-Player;
Who, as we all know, is the half-sister of Glaliel-Gamer,
the cousin of Glaiel-Gamer.

Bash that one, sweetcheecks.

what

BBS Signature
CybexALT
CybexALT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 12:31:30 Reply

How about this? It starts with you in the womb. You have to find your way out without getting tangled up in the chord. Once you do this, you get brought home. Thats level 1 complete.

For the next level you have to cry whenever you:
-get hungry
-get tired
-piss yourself
-shit yourself
-all of the above
-none of the above

Through the medium of tears and general annoyance you have to try to tell your parents, what sort of attention you need. If you manage this, you move to the next level. If not you die from having shit parents.

Level 3 is all about learning to crawl, walk and talk. To crawl and walk, you have to complete certain challenges, and to learn to talk you have to try and copy what your parents say.

Once you've finished this, you've completed stage 1 and are now a toddler!

Level 4 is about playing with toys and watching tv. Your aim is to try and watch as much tv as possible and play with your toys as much as possible. You do this by being nice to your parents, but you can't be too nice because otherwise they'll want another child and you'll get less attention. The niceometer shows the optimum level of niceness.

level 5 is about starting school. To pass this level you must talk to people. You have to make fun of teachers and fat people with glasses, so people think you're cool, but not so much that people think you're a bully. Also, when bullies come and try and make fun of you, you have to pick an aspect of them which is slightly abnormal and start making fun of them. If you dont pick the correct aspect, you'll get bullied more.

In lessons, you have to maintain high grades, but not too high in order to keep peoples expectations fairly low.

Level 6 is about taking exams at the end of school to see if you're good enough for university. If you pass the exams, you go to uni, if not you become a bum and die.

Level 7 is uni. In this level you must manage your money. You get a budget each week and have to spend as much as possible on alcohol without endagering your health and remembering to save money for transport and doing your laundry. Once you have your alcohol, you have to ration it. You lose points for a sober night, but also lose points if you dont get completely wasted every now and again. Each week, you gain points for drinking over 40 units of alcohol, and lose points for drinking under.

You also have to go to lectures every now and again.

Level 8 is about graduating. Its a week before your exams and you have to revise. You have to stop yourself falling asleep by drinking coffee, and also avoid all distractions. If you succeed in this level, you can graduate. Otherwise you have to do level 7 all over again but with a smaller weekly budget.

If you manage to graduate, you get to level 9. This is about getting and maintaing a job. You need to find one which has promotion opportunities and also a good starting salary.

Level 10 is about getting a wife. You have to go to bars, dance classes and anywhere else where potential wives may be. Once you find one you like, you marry her.

level 11 is about impregnating your wife

level 12 is bringing up your child and sending them off to uni. You have to keep them happy and make sure they're doing well at school.

level 13 is about retiring. This level is pretty easy as you just have to write a letter to your boss telling him you're retiring.

level 14 is about being old. You move into a care home and have to moan everytime you
-get hungry
-get tired
-piss yourself
-shit yourself
-all of the above
-none of the above

After this level you die and have completed the game.

kittenclock
kittenclock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 12:43:56 Reply

At 12/31/08 02:08 AM, sdfmusic wrote: A music-sim fighting game like smash brothers eats rez and ddr.

That's sounds awesome let's see him bash that.

sdfmusic
sdfmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 12:52:34 Reply

My idea was too good for critique.

Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 13:09:13 Reply

At 12/31/08 12:31 PM, CybexALT wrote: How about this? It starts with you in the womb. You have to find your way out without getting tangled up in the chord. Once you do this, you get brought home. Thats level 1 complete.

It seems like you spend way too many levels on the younger years, which is evident because "halfway" is uni. Also, you just have a story concept and not too much in there about the actual gameplay, so you need to work on that. Sounds like a mix of Passage and Coil

VitaminP
VitaminP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 13:36:01 Reply

My game idea

Plot
You are part of a secret group of religious sepratists that are planning to rebel against the dictatorship that has taken over the Earth. The world leaders are aliens and they split their powers out between the people of their land, making the leader weaker but giving them control over the people. Your mission is to kill the world leaders.
Twist
If you kill men the leaders life force that was shared with that man will return to the leader making him more powerful so you must sneak through the levels killing as few people as possible.
Additional info
It will be a sidescrolling platformer and at the end of each level you will be able to buy more equipment to help you with your mission.

Bash away.

--------------------[ Mod Type Indicator ] - [ Change Level Icons ] - [ Last Post Link ] - [ Inline Poster ]------------------

BBS Signature
Glaiel-Gamer
Glaiel-Gamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Game Developer
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 14:12:30 Reply

At 12/31/08 01:36 PM, VitaminP wrote: Bash away.

A plot is not a game. Your plot is very generic as is, sounds a lot like "halo" other than the avoid killing things element, which is arguably an interesting idea, however unless you make it apparent to the player it will go overlooked, especially since it's a "long term" twist which are usually harder to recover from if you don't realize them in the beginning.

You need to work out what the actual GAMEPLAY is though. Platformer is a very generic category, so figure out what the controls and levels and such are. You already have your original twist, but one that has a more direct effect on the gameplay couldn't hurt much, because as is people will have to play through the whole thing in order to feel the effects of it, and people RARELY play through the whole game when its a flash game.

fluffkomix
fluffkomix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Animator
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 15:05:49 Reply

i have an idea for a flash where random stick people run around doing random shit. i might call it "Stick on Pot"

drawn by me

I will bash your ideas here

Sig made by me
Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor
Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature
Mexifry
Mexifry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 16:15:17 Reply

A mission, zelda-esque, pokemon game that when you battle, you actually control your pokemon and their attacks like you would the character in the pokemon game. You would use your trainer guy and your pokemon cooperatively to complete tasks. The movement isn't grid-locked, but the art is tile-based. The attacks are interchangable via TM's, HM's, or learning new moves, or you can upgrade old attacks. (IE Bubble would eventually upgrade to Bubblebeam, Thundershock would go up to Thunderbolt, etc.)

The objective in the game is to still get all eight badges, but also to do the missions you are given by people.

Bash.

sdfmusic
sdfmusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 17:02:55 Reply

still going.

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4907/
brdgcd4.jpg

Nose-army
Nose-army
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 17:30:15 Reply

A giant child monster called dogasaurus who hatches out of an egg without a family and doesn't know what to do cuz he's so big. He goes around destroying cities and going back to his nest for a really long time until he grows up. Then he travels for ages and meets up with a bunch of other giant monsters who have all had similar origins to him. They all live in a big valley, and they each go out and terrorize different cities each day. Then they are all confronted by a superhero who wants to save the city with his awesome powers. They eat him. The end.

Nose-army
Nose-army
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 17:34:56 Reply

*Not a game. A movie

Steven-M
Steven-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 17:39:07 Reply

Idea: a side-scrolling game set in a city. You're on ground level, with the cars, people, animals, lamp posts, whatever. You have four options while you wander around: jump, punch, pick up, throw. The more stuff you vandalise, the more points you score. The more points you score, the bigger you become, from kicking dogs to throwing trucks to dwarfing buildings. Of course the bigger you are, the harder you fall - and by 'harder' I mean 'more' and by 'fall' I mean 'take damage from helicopters, tanks and rival monsters'. The objective - gain a lot of points before kicking the bucket.

It's like a cross between Mario and GTA. You know, for kids.

horsenwelles
horsenwelles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Movie Buff
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 17:49:25 Reply

ok so heres the idea...

a guy starts narrating a story about something that happened, but it starts with a really random but hilariously ironic opening. he then proceeds on to the objects that really matter. he starts by explaining that he bought delicious mushrooms, then he realizes his daughter gets kidnapped when he gets home from work. he finds the kidnappers, uses excessive racism towards both of them and doesnt refer to them as guys who took his daughter at all. then, once he kills both of them (i skipped alot of the details), h wakes up, realizes he doesnt have a daughter, and he diddnt kill 2 minorities... so he sulks to the bathroom where he has diarea.

the moral of the story is to not buy mushrooms from food world

BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT WITH A CANE!

flank, the dog

BBS Signature
KartuneHustla
KartuneHustla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 18:16:15 Reply

Since I don't mind harsh criticism, I thought I'd just post an idea I had for a game I plan on doing next year sometime.

TYPE
Platformer, Puzzle

SUMMARY
So the game starts out with your main character who is aged between eight or eleven. Anyways, the story is simple. He opens his closet door (sort of like Narnia) and is lost in a world full of monsters and beautiful looking creatures. Now he must find his way back home. Thats just a quick summary

GAMEPLAY
So for the gameplay, your main character will have no attacks. The only thing he can do is run, jump, crawl, and interact with his environment. The main draw for the game is the monsters. The monsters he encounters aren't evil at all. In fact, they want to help him get back home. So each monster has a specific skillset for the level that it is in. They have an ability that will help your character get from point A to point B. So for example. I had in mind for one level a spider-like creature. The level is made up of a complex vertical maze. Basically, your character hops on its back and you can control the spider to get you through the maze. Something like that. Simple. I may add more to the level, but that's what i came up for that so far. I may give the spider the ability to make a web for something

Bash away man :)

At your service

BBS Signature
chunkycheese12
chunkycheese12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 18:30:18 Reply

So here's the idea. I make a game...but ITS A MOVIE =D!!!! You go around, and a movie plays, then you press buttons n' shit to make the movie continue and the CONCEPT does not exsist :).

Oh yeah the main character's SHONIC (D:) And a secret appearance of Hintachi superman who squirts tomato ketchp at everyone he sees and has 1298390218309123.3921 mana and 2 hp which takes 2.5 attacks to deplete *nerd laugh*.

Bash me. Now :).

Ow fuck, don't bash too hard >_<. Oh wait I say this later...whatever.

I LIEK EESTAH - Easter Collab '09

BBS Signature
ConAir
ConAir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 18:39:46 Reply

Idea: "I'm Guilty"

A guy is sitting in a court room with his head down, the judge asks him if he has anything to say for himself. The guy slowly gets up from his chair, straightens out his tie and proceeds with statement - with a slight warble in his voice and eyes getting progressively more teary as time passes, he proclaims with some dignity as if he's finally realized he has to live up to his mistakes "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury...I'm guilty."

Cut to a wide shot of a set of the courtroom with the director sitting in a chair and the crew milling about, the audience hears "Ok you've got the role, we'll contact you in a week about the show." End on a tight frame of the "guilty" actor beaming. Credits.

always behind schedule.

BBS Signature
GustTheASGuy
GustTheASGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 18:40:47 Reply

At 12/31/08 06:16 PM, KartuneHustla wrote: Bash away man :)

I think you can start working on the game art. :)

A puzzle challenge could be introduced by a necessity to make some monsters follow you so you could change further on, with various items like food necessary to make some follow while some monsters would be afraid of others and thus wouldn't follow.
A priority diffusion implementation (something I'm looking into right now) would work extremely well to provide an ambient AI for the critters.

BBS Signature
KartuneHustla
KartuneHustla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to I will bash your ideas here 2008-12-31 18:57:06 Reply

At 12/31/08 06:40 PM, GustTheASGuy wrote:
I think you can start working on the game art. :)

A priority diffusion implementation (something I'm looking into right now) would work extremely well to provide an ambient AI for the critters.

Thanks man, glad you like my idea. I may start some artwork. Make sprites here and there until I have the time to fully get into level design and whatnot. Probably wont happen until February thoiugh

At your service

BBS Signature