00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Glassbomb's art thread?

6,613 Views | 66 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-30 15:57:20

Yeah so, art.
Oh and I'm 14, yeah I know that seems like a sort of arrogant thing to say, but art's all I got to put to my name, and I sort of view being 14 and producing (what I seem to think) good art is an achievement.

Anyways, here goes

They all just spilled out (Fish) WARNING: HUGE, couldn't even upload it here because it was so big.

Will post more later

Well, that's just radical. You're radical.

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-30 15:59:27

Another one, like.... I'd say 2-4 weeks old

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-30 16:15:13

haha thats cool!!
luv it!!

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-30 16:34:06

At 12/30/08 04:15 PM, Peglay wrote: haha thats cool!!
luv it!!

Thanks man

oh and here's the full view for "Greater Purpose"

And here's the full view for this one

Rawr

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-30 18:52:36

being 14 and good at art isn't a fantastic achievement, i'm 14 and im alright at art. i think... your drawings are very stylish so far, but they dont have much depth to them, you need to do some shading and stuff like that. i doubt you'll get many responses from the art forum. ive only had 4 in 19 posts on my art thread :(

Art Thread

Sig by ME!

BBS Signature

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-30 19:08:09

At 12/30/08 06:52 PM, Splurda wrote: being 14 and good at art isn't a fantastic achievement, i'm 14 and im alright at art. i think... your drawings are very stylish so far, but they dont have much depth to them, you need to do some shading and stuff like that. i doubt you'll get many responses from the art forum. ive only had 4 in 19 posts on my art thread :(

well i know his style and he doesnt need shading :3
i have the same style alot of the time
it a fact of color not darkened areas

Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013

If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-30 19:11:19

hey man. I think it's totally cool that you're just 14 and not acting like a fuckup like most "artists" your age. that said, I'd really like to see some proper life studies and "realistic" drawings. I've got nothing against your style, but too often people end up getting stuck in a really played out style without being able to handle the basics.

I realize I'm posting right below threadwood who is, by all means, a more reliable source than I, and also happened to give you advice that is essentially the opposite of mine, but I still stand by what I'm saying. I seriously think that it will help you a lot in the long run.

whatever you decide to do, keep up the good work and hey, good luck man. :]

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-30 19:16:17

At 12/30/08 06:52 PM, Splurda wrote: being 14 and good at art isn't a fantastic achievement, i'm 14 and im alright at art. i think... your drawings are very stylish so far, but they dont have much depth to them, you need to do some shading and stuff like that. i doubt you'll get many responses from the art forum. ive only had 4 in 19 posts on my art thread :(

thats because your drawing themselves dont have much depth
their basically just drawing with a crap load of shading
not trying to sling mud or anything

If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-30 19:21:33

ahahaha, dude, your shit blows, no offense, but all you do is create a sub par drawin and add a fuck-load of poorly implemented effects.

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-30 19:35:17

At 12/30/08 07:11 PM, tmkunt wrote: hey man. I think it's totally cool that you're just 14 and not acting like a fuckup like most "artists" your age. that said, I'd really like to see some proper life studies and "realistic" drawings. I've got nothing against your style, but too often people end up getting stuck in a really played out style without being able to handle the basics.

I realize I'm posting right below threadwood who is, by all means, a more reliable source than I, and also happened to give you advice that is essentially the opposite of mine, but I still stand by what I'm saying. I seriously think that it will help you a lot in the long run.

whatever you decide to do, keep up the good work and hey, good luck man. :]

Thanks guys, and I do plan on trying to study more realistic proportions. Thanks again, I'll have some older stuff later tonight, I'm watching "The Incredible Hulk" (2008) c:

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-30 21:13:51

Why hasn't newgrounds implemented an edit button? Anyways, here's some older-ish stuff.

Can you keep my COMPOSITION?

Will post some more later (when it get's bumped down the forum lol)

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-30 21:20:06

They haven't put an edit button because people would lie about what they said.
Also, I'm now using your first one as my wallpaper, lol.

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-30 21:25:09

At 12/30/08 09:20 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: They haven't put an edit button because people would lie about what they said.
Also, I'm now using your first one as my wallpaper, lol.

Thanks man, more stuff

This one's a collaboration between Austin Breed (Trippingmetal) and Myself

he did lineart, I did coloring.

Full view here

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-31 00:07:23

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-31 00:15:44

I enjoy the vivid, bright colors and the overall feeling of being on a massive trip. But i would like to see more stuff like the one you did in the collaboration, it just stands out from everything else.

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-31 02:49:33

Hey Glassbomb! You're off to a great start and I see a bright future in your work.
I think you have a strong sense of typography, and it's so good to see young people taking an intrest in incorporating type into their graphic design pieces. And I am really digging your use of obnoxious colors, but It'd be nice if some of the edges were smoother on alot of the rendered images. May I suggest in the future you create your work on an artboard twice as large as you want your final art to be, and then when you think you're done flatten the image and shrink it to 50%. Then Re-crop it at that size, and I think you're images will look cleaner.

Or just add a clever blur to the right areas.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of your work.
Keep It up!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-31 13:24:51

Full view here

Still working on it, I've got a lot of skulls to go, then re-line in flash, then coloring.

Long day ahead of me, and that's not the countless hours of time-wasting and playing little big planet to try and procrastinate.

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-31 13:47:50

Bottom left skull guy looks like alien hominid.
Can't wait to see this finished!

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-31 14:59:16

At 12/31/08 01:24 PM, GlassBomb wrote: Full view here

Still working on it, I've got a lot of skulls to go, then re-line in flash, then coloring.

Long day ahead of me, and that's not the countless hours of time-wasting and playing little big planet to try and procrastinate.

im liking your art even more :3

BBS Signature

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2008-12-31 18:34:30

Relining now, here's a preview

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-01 00:13:29

FINALLY DONE

Oh, AND PLEASE FULL VIEW!!!!!!!!!

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-01 00:14:37

At 1/1/09 12:13 AM, GlassBomb wrote: FINALLY DONE

Oh and I forgot, it's up on Threadless pending approval, but once it's done, vote on it please c:

Threadless link

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-01 04:36:07

Hey man,like my wallpaper?

Glassbomb's art thread?

BBS Signature

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-01 05:06:12

At 1/1/09 04:36 AM, Recycled wrote:

Hey man,like my wallpaper?

Well sir, I like it, I like it alot

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-01 05:25:44

sadly i tried to re-draw what you did in ms-paint....i will not post it because of shame...

BBS Signature

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-01 13:27:53

At 1/1/09 05:25 AM, Recycled wrote: sadly i tried to re-draw what you did in ms-paint....i will not post it because of shame...

But you must!

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-01 15:13:52

random sketch thing

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-01 15:37:53

At 1/1/09 03:13 PM, GlassBomb wrote: random sketch thing

I really really hope you dont mind me doing this.I couldnt resist doing my own little version of him.

Ill ask a mod to remove it if you do mind.

Glassbomb's art thread?

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-01 16:27:46

At 1/1/09 03:37 PM, FullFistMaria wrote:
At 1/1/09 03:13 PM, GlassBomb wrote: random sketch thing
I really really hope you dont mind me doing this.I couldnt resist doing my own little version of him.

Ill ask a mod to remove it if you do mind.

Thank you miss c:

Response to Glassbomb's art thread? 2009-01-01 17:25:06

im gonna try some stuff similar to your style.i wonderif that kind of art has a name?

BBS Signature