Be a Supporter!

Why you should hate Family Guy

  • 2,232 Views
  • 85 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
<deleted>
Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 06:55 PM Reply

Ok so we all know about family guy and unless your below 13 you probably have a negative opinion on it. You probably say that the jokes don't contribute to the plot and that's all that matters and only dumbys won't see that. I disagree to me it's not what the show is doing it's how it is doing it. For example Reno 911 often has break in the plot but those cut scene are kinda funny but Family Guy can't even be funny doing that.

I get into arguements with uptight people all the time like this. Like people who simply hate stick movies because they are stick or other flashes with poor animation. Well I care how they are doing it most sticks are done by lazy (ofcourse) and aren't funny or entertaining in the least bit. If I saw a good madness or stick animation I wouldn't care the graphics I will still give a 5 or so.

Basically don't be so easy to complain.
Family Guy-a show with cut scenes but cut scenes aren't good
Reno 911-funny cut scenes

PsycoticDemon
PsycoticDemon
  • Member since: Feb. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 06:56 PM Reply

Uhm... what?

Elder
Elder
  • Member since: May. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 06:56 PM Reply

Because South Park is better.

simple.
Parlux
Parlux
  • Member since: May. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 06:58 PM Reply

And that's why the people who make those two shows and raking in millions while you jack your dick off with the rule 34 versions.


BBS Signature
sumidiotdude
sumidiotdude
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 06:59 PM Reply

At 12/22/08 06:56 PM, Elder500 wrote: Because South Park is better.
simple.

I find them both quite funny.

I enjoy Family Guy due to its stupidity and character development.

I enjoy South Park because it is both politically correct and incorrect at the same time.


PM me for info on bears Suhm-Id-Ee-Uht-Dood not Puh-Tur-Oh.
Last.fm

BBS Signature
TheBoyOfAges
TheBoyOfAges
  • Member since: Jul. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 06:59 PM Reply

I don't want to be an asshole, but simply if you don't like it just change the channel. Even if Family Guy is on like 3 networks there's always something else on.

I laugh at it because it silly and has no sense, and I love Reno 911.

It's all watchers opinions.

BBS Signature
F-U-N-D-A
F-U-N-D-A
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:00 PM Reply

Reno 911, might possibly be the worst show ever to be on TV to date.

<deleted>
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:00 PM Reply

At 12/22/08 06:58 PM, Parlux wrote: And that's why the people who make those two shows and raking in millions while you jack your dick off with the rule 34 versions.

millions on being a fucking moron

KartuneHustla
KartuneHustla
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:00 PM Reply

I guess I get your argument, but you can't really compare Reno 911 and Family Guy. Reno 911 does it the way it does because it parodies Cops. Every Cops episode has a segment where you meet criminals or they try to apprehend someone breaking the law. These cuts are needed for a show like Reno 911. And it never takes away from the plot. Family Guy is Family Guy because it has its random flashbacks. That's just what it does. It may not make any sense, but at least the episodes do have stories. I'm not a fan of Family Guy, but i don't think its horrible.


At your service

BBS Signature
chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:01 PM Reply

I don't hate Family Guy. Seriously, everybody has different tastes in what they like. It's pointless to try convincing somebody why they shouldn't like something that they do.


.

BBS Signature
<deleted>
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:02 PM Reply

At 12/22/08 07:01 PM, chiefindomer wrote: I don't hate Family Guy. Seriously, everybody has different tastes in what they like. It's pointless to try convincing somebody why they shouldn't like something that they do.

I agree I guess that dig'um joke was ok

shak3s
shak3s
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:06 PM Reply

It's important to remember that his chin looks like a nutsack and that's about it.

Funny-Man
Funny-Man
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Artist
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:09 PM Reply

Hey! This reminded me I missed the new episode...thanks!


NO NO! Cut the GREEN Wire!

BBS Signature
wedgeman
wedgeman
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:13 PM Reply

Ok... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING?

At 12/22/08 06:55 PM, DanTheBard wrote: Ok so we all know about family guy and unless your below 13 you probably have a negative opinion on it. You probably say that the jokes don't contribute to the plot and that's all that matters and only dumbys won't see that. I disagree to me it's not what the show is doing it's how it is doing it. For example Reno 911 often has break in the plot but those cut scene are kinda funny but Family Guy can't even be funny doing that.

I'm with you so far (Though I disagree all ready)

I get into arguements with uptight people all the time like this. Like people who simply hate stick movies because they are stick or other flashes with poor animation. Well I care how they are doing it most sticks are done by lazy (ofcourse) and aren't funny or entertaining in the least bit. If I saw a good madness or stick animation I wouldn't care the graphics I will still give a 5 or so.

Kind of a broken argument, and you've lost me.

Basically don't be so easy to complain.
Family Guy-a show with cut scenes but cut scenes aren't good
Reno 911-funny cut scenes

I... think... I got that last bit... ya....

Anyway, response time!

Those little skits area what makes the show so great! It takes an everyday problem, over cliché it, through in a few unrelated events, and watch it burn.

If you imagine these three as a progression;
Simpsons; Random, slapstick humor, that makes fun and everything and anything.
Family Guy; The mid ground, some jokes will go over the heads of some people, while others will love the stuff.
American Dad; the end of the road, the true adult humor, with many jokes, some of which you may have to think about for a second.
Each have there audience, and each has there strengths.

And when it comes down to it, this is a true summary;
You dislike Family Guy, for what ever reason, and thus you think it is crap. Yet it is more widely distributed and has sold better then Reno.


And thus defy, the tyrannous stars...
(P.S. Ignore the mail watermark for now, I'll be removing it soon!)

BBS Signature
ragingfred
ragingfred
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:14 PM Reply

A FAIL C NOT WIN

B EPIC FAIL D LOLWUT

for the 1,000,000 dollars I will go with E, all the above

HeavenDuff
HeavenDuff
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:16 PM Reply

You should consider the fact, that Family Guy is just supposed to be ridiculous and absurd... the jokes are not supposed to be linked to the main plot, even if sometimes they are.

Maybe you do not like that kind of humor, but some people just happen to do.

<deleted>
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:16 PM Reply

sold better than Reno means nothing to me to me all show have gone down hill since writers strike so actually im kinda mad at all shows

Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:17 PM Reply

I hate it, because it just sucks all together, I don't need that big novel you wrote to tell me.


Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

SenselessApprentice
SenselessApprentice
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:18 PM Reply

family guy is also good because it says 'fuck you' to the censors of television.
And because if you weatch the show for long enough you can see that some of the segues are carefully put together and some basic ideas are repeated throughout the series.

JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:19 PM Reply

At 12/22/08 06:56 PM, Elder500 wrote: Because South Park is better.
simple.

at least south park has tasteful jokes and they make scence, family guy takes cheap jabs and low blows at people and the jokes rarely or never contribute to the plot at all

i really hate that show now, ever since they started making jokes about a guy with cancer

|"My dick was in the Guinness Boom of World Records... Then I left the library.|

BBS Signature
Raguel
Raguel
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:20 PM Reply

Some people like Family Guy and some don't. Why doesn't everyone just stop making threads about it and get on with their lives?

There are millions of shit TV shows out there but apparently it's necessary to make a complaint thread about Family Guy every other day.

Who gives a shit? Really?

TacoFreak
TacoFreak
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:30 PM Reply

Family guy is horrible.

They take a lame plot, add in some random scenes and voila. An unfunny show.

Family guy never made me laugh, and never will. Stupid show.

djkruvand
djkruvand
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:32 PM Reply

At 12/22/08 06:56 PM, Elder500 wrote: Because South Park is better.
simple.

True that.

SirTwitchy
SirTwitchy
  • Member since: Jul. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:37 PM Reply

Family Guy is funny unless you are too stupid to understand the jokes......

nudge nudge wink wink

BBS Signature
Brick-top
Brick-top
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:39 PM Reply

Why do people complain about something they can easily choose not to watch?

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:40 PM Reply

Some like it. Some don't. This really isn't something people should talk about.

"Did you see Family Guy last night?"
"Nah, I don't like that show."
"Alright, whatever. Let's go have a snowball fight."
"WEEEEEE!!!"

DemonicScythe
DemonicScythe
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:42 PM Reply

At 12/22/08 06:59 PM, sumidiotdude wrote: I find them both quite funny.

I enjoy Family Guy due to its stupidity and character development.

I enjoy South Park because it is both politically correct and incorrect at the same time.

I agree with this very descriptive statement.

DM692
DM692
  • Member since: May. 5, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:46 PM Reply

Because The Bird Is The Word.


"WHAT IF I SUPPOSED TO FUCK UP?!"- rendibsivad on mistakes.

BBS Signature
Atgod88
Atgod88
  • Member since: Nov. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:46 PM Reply

Since when does comedy need a plot? If its funny then it is worth watching, weither you enjoy it or not is your opinion, saying something isnt funny because of its plot is irrelevant. I enjoy both shows but enjoy Family Guy a little more due to the higher amount of parody and more jokes regular people like you don't understand.

You cannot force your opinions on us, when you opinion needs forcing it is wrong.


For my next trick, I will need a condom and a volunteer.

BBS Signature
MrCongeniality
MrCongeniality
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Programmer
Response to Why you should hate Family Guy Dec. 22nd, 2008 @ 07:56 PM Reply

I enjoy Family Guy and Reno 911. I have to admit Family Guy had the random cutscenes mastered in their first 3 season but now it's getting kind of off the map.


Twitter / Tumblr / < - Mr. C (Since June 7th, 2001)

BBS Signature