00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GooeyOso just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

UF3000 - New Graffiti Game

6,812 Views | 30 Replies

UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-15 08:06:21

Last Monday I was messing with someone's drawing tutorial on FlashKit and I thought it would be cool if I can save what people's drawn in Flash so others can see 'em. Kind of like "Message From Last Visitor" from my front page but done with drawings. So I came up with this game - The Graffiti Game (Couldn't think of any good name :\).

This is basically how the game works:
After the game loads, it will start loading graffiti other people sprayed. You can cancel it if you like. Then, walk around a bit with your keyboard arrows and try to find a nice spot for your artwork. Zoom in, and start wastin paint.

Sounds boring? :\ Yeah maybe... But you know, it's kind of like a new thing to Flash. I don't think anyone had done something like this with Flash before. This is like an experimental game, so please comment on it. Hope y'all like it :)

Peace
-Thomaz

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-15 08:52:55

I tried the game, and I was impressed. I've seen similar things written in Java and such, but never Flash..

How was the programming done? All I can think of right now was that you were laying objects wherever you dragged, but that would cause slowdown awfully quickly..

-Sean Givan

BBS Signature

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-15 09:11:22

You know, I was gunna say this sort of idea would be a great time waster... but it doesn't wanna work for me.

It starts up, but over about a 20 second period, the connection slows down considerably, down to a dead stop. I'm forced to shut off IE to get rid of the frozen window.

Hope you can fix that.

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-15 09:21:16

Yup you're right. It duplicates a line and paste that duplicate between your last mouse position and the current position. It slows down really fast once you have like.. 3000 duplicates of the line. Maybe that's what happened to Satarian... : Version2 might be better because the lines are thicker, and the drawing board is smaller... but people can always overlap... so.. i donno.

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-15 09:26:05

That was actually pretty cool, but it was dang hard trying to get my tag right on the wall with a mouse. Anyways, that's my tag, fairly screwed up, but displayed on UF3K st. 'Daedo' tagged on over 50 locations in the Clackmannanshire region... and the Internet. Cool.

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-15 12:07:13

At 7/15/01 08:06 AM, Thomaz wrote: Last Monday I was messing with someone's drawing tutorial on FlashKit and I thought it would be cool if I can save what people's drawn in Flash so others can see 'em. Kind of like "Message From Last Visitor" from my front page but done with drawings. So I came up with this game - The Graffiti Game (Couldn't think of any good name :).

After the game loads, it will start loading graffiti other people sprayed. You can cancel it if you like. Then, walk around a bit with your keyboard arrows and try to find a nice spot for your artwork. Zoom in, and start wastin paint.

Sounds boring? : Yeah maybe... But you know, it's kind of like a new thing to Flash. I don't think anyone had done something like this with Flash before. This is like an experimental game, so please comment on it. Hope y'all like it :)

Peace
-Thomaz

Great Game! It was entertaining!

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-15 14:18:14

Haha... this idea has been done way before... in shockwave... but still done before... it is on the Gorillaz Website it might take you awhile to find it... but I assure you... it has been done before.

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-15 16:57:55

At 7/15/01 02:18 PM, ICCold wrote: Haha... this idea has been done way before... in shockwave... but still done before... it is on the Gorillaz Website it might take you awhile to find it... but I assure you... it has been done before.

I know who GORILLAZ are, but I went on that website & couldn't find the game....

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-15 19:39:34

hmm great concept, but you need to give more space, and have a thinner line option, its hard to really draw anything with the thick lines and small pallete spaces. otherwise, it rules dude :D:D:D

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-15 22:22:08

That game was quite possibly, the worst waste of my time in my life. And I've wasted a lot of time sitting around, playing games all day!

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-15 23:23:44

The Graffitti game was pretty cool. It was a good way of passing a few minutes. ah yeahhhhhh

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-16 01:16:49

At 7/15/01 02:18 PM, ICCold wrote: Haha... this idea has been done way before... in shockwave... but still done before... it is on the Gorillaz Website it might take you awhile to find it... but I assure you... it has been done before.

www.gorillaz.com/g_toilets.html <---that's what ICC is referring to. I like the gorillaz one better.

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-16 10:34:59

At 7/15/01 08:06 AM, Thomaz wrote: Last Monday I was messing with someone's drawing tutorial on FlashKit and I thought it would be cool if I can save what people's drawn in Flash so others can see 'em. Kind of like "Message From Last Visitor" from my front page but done with drawings. So I came up with this game - The Graffiti Game (Couldn't think of any good name :).

Sounds boring? : Yeah maybe... But you know, it's kind of like a new thing to Flash. I don't think anyone had done something like this with Flash before. This is like an experimental game, so please comment on it. Hope y'all like it :)

Peace
-Thomaz

I tagged the old NG logo on the middle building. :)

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-16 11:38:34

Thanks :) Yea I went to the Gorillaz web site, I like how the old man's all sitting in the middle of the restroom playing PS with a broken TV. How do I draw on that thing though? Hey Tom do you remember what number you are in the game?

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-16 15:02:38

This ar request to all the good flash makers out there who are out of ideas to make a video for the song THE RETURN OF ELMO by PIMP DADDY WELFARE,

Thank you

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-16 16:08:03

Im the new guy in town and well I have nothing to offer except my oppioun! Im also stupid so cant spell!.... I thought the game sucked so!........

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-16 20:57:53

Newgrounds has some sweet games. I'd like to know how to make games and movies like that, too! Can anybody help me out? Maybe tell me what i need to get to make cartoons? my e-mail is fightheterror@yahoo.com

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-16 22:44:37

At 7/16/01 11:38 AM, Thomaz wrote: Thanks :) Yea I went to the Gorillaz web site, I like how the old man's all sitting in the middle of the restroom playing PS with a broken TV. How do I draw on that thing though? Hey Tom do you remember what number you are in the game?

Ugh... Maybe 103-105 or so. Not sure. I think it was #03-#05 range.

Anyone noticed that "planetluck" banner ad? I keep thinking it says "planetfuck".

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-17 11:56:23

o.k. im new here (you already knew that though) but i have been learning flash (going through lessons, etc.) and im getting pretty damn good im on the sound lesson so im decent at the rest and you just blew my freakin mind just wtf did you have to do to make that work??? all i can say is i am impressed

Peace
-Thomaz

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-17 13:09:55

cool game... i like the idea of it, and i have been waiting a while for a grafitti game. it would have been better to have a bigger wall though. (or smaller lines)

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-17 19:46:19

Dude ther is something like this at shockwave.com called ink-link where you draw things. But whatever wouldnt it be cool if you had like 20 different places to tag and people created accounts and wherever they tagged you could click on it and view their info and maybe score the tag. And if you had a lot of levels then you could keep the tags on the walls instead of having them get deleted. And like the more points u get the more caps u can buy to make different shapes. Also it needs smaller lines.

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-17 22:57:42

At 7/17/01 07:46 PM, Darkside666 wrote: Dude ther is something like this at shockwave.com called ink-link where you draw things. But whatever wouldnt it be cool if you had like 20 different places to tag and people created accounts and wherever they tagged you could click on it and view their info and maybe score the tag. And if you had a lot of levels then you could keep the tags on the walls instead of having them get deleted. And like the more points u get the more caps u can buy to make different shapes. Also it needs smaller lines.

LOL like a Tagging mmorpg :D that would be sweet :)

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-18 01:07:04

yea like an rpg and maybe u can even have user creatd gangs that each own a portion of the place.

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-18 09:07:33

hehe, i like darkside's idea... make a sequel!

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-18 10:27:34

I Just have one simple question. What the hell is with people and Dragon Ball Z ?????? I mean personally I have never seen the show but about half the things in the portal and on any other web site is about that. All you see is DBZ!!! How good can the show be I mean you even have some over aged bald men watching it for god sakes! Wait or was just that my gay dad? Well Someone tell me why people are obssesed?

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-18 15:02:17

dude what does this have to do with the topic? and DBZ is a kick ass anime i suggest that u wach it sometime

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-20 04:28:50

I have been wanting a game like this ever since I got into flash but could never pull it off or find a game like it. I think it can turn into something not boring and can eventually branch off into greater things. Great creativity!

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-20 15:16:01

At 7/20/01 04:28 AM, Pharcy wrote: I have been wanting a game like this ever since I got into flash but could never pull it off or find a game like it. I think it can turn into something not boring and can eventually branch off into greater things. Great creativity!

totaly you could may it so the better the place you tag the more money or experience u get for it and the more experience u have the better the place u can tag like higher on a building or someone place with higher security(which might mean u have to do it faster beacuse theres more security guards going pas and u have to tag it at the right time). you could buy better equiptment like diffrent caps for tighter edges and difrent colours and shit.

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-20 23:45:13

hey this game sounds pimp!you should definetly make it!i also got an idea for it make cops im it that can arrest you if they catch you doin it!
C-YA LATER!
THE STONED PIMP!

Response to UF3000 - New Graffiti Game 2001-07-25 22:47:21

Peace
-Thomaz

that game kicks @$$...
how did you make the save feature??? that was good.