New Topic Respond to this Topic
www-kaywire-com
www-kaywire-com
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
New Head Tracking software. Dec. 17th, 2008 @ 10:48 AM Reply

Ok i noticed there are some creative users on NG and some just amazing....( i hope stamper doesnt get the hold of this because god knows what he can do with it..... * gay thoughts * )

Anyways...This new software called FACEAPI i was waiting for quite some time finnaly came out. A demo version of it AND a non comercial FULL version for developers direct download just like the demo.

all it needs is a WEBCAM....seriously any webcam you have thats all.

Well the demo is pretty straight forward all you do is run the demo and you can play around with features but you cant develop anything from them.
I was amazed...with how amazing the demo was. The lip traing....eye brow...face...eyes...nose....ears everything it tracked everything. And any rapid motion and even yaw and pitch tildings and up and down tiltings the virtual face still stayed on...

At this point you might say...Wow big deal...But thats not all with the NON comercial use if you download that you can interact with games with only your hand!!! and or head !!! plus you can be like Pixar in your room and make characters and talk and the character will follow your lip motion...eye brow...etc. And mimic you perfectly in very high detail!!!

Here is just 2 small videos demostrating what you can quickly do to check them out ( also ) Demo : 100 MB and Non Comercial : 150 Meg and to buy the full development package you have to contact them.

1. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uA8ZXPS6on k&feature=related ( 3D illusion with FaceApi )
2. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R7lcJWL8mh E&feature=related ( In demo ) Face tracking

www-kaywire-com
www-kaywire-com
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to New Head Tracking software. Dec. 17th, 2008 @ 10:55 AM Reply

SORRY FORGOT WEBSITE.

www.faceapi.com ( just go in download section )

www-kaywire-com
www-kaywire-com
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to New Head Tracking software. Dec. 17th, 2008 @ 12:14 PM Reply

Sorry for another post when/if someone was interested when you have to click the ACEPT form before you even install the file in the Non comercial download.

www-kaywire-com
www-kaywire-com
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to New Head Tracking software. Dec. 17th, 2008 @ 12:29 PM Reply

At 12/17/08 12:20 PM, Xarnor wrote: lol at the freaks in the second video.

heh i can just imagine people looking at them in the office like complete retards.

morlockcleric
morlockcleric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Writer
Response to New Head Tracking software. Dec. 17th, 2008 @ 01:12 PM Reply

holy shit thats kinda cool.

rar

BBS Signature
Lizzardis
Lizzardis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to New Head Tracking software. Dec. 17th, 2008 @ 01:13 PM Reply

Thats a good find their kaywire.
But you would look like a freak doing that in real life playing a game in your house wouldn't you!!!

Wampbit
Wampbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to New Head Tracking software. Dec. 17th, 2008 @ 01:23 PM Reply

I honestly dont see the need for head tracking software, and everything I've tried never really worked, I'll give this a go though.