New Topic Respond to this Topic
ecstasy122
ecstasy122
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 06:46:34 Reply

Apperantly Saddam was captured by coalition forces in a joint operation with kurdish forces in Tigrit.
I predict the terror attacks will increase rather then stop. As message to the US ,that the opposition will continue its aggression. I also think that saddam had little to do with the previous
attacks. He was just a symbol.

derBrot
derBrot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 07:00:31 Reply

I wonder if it's really saddam.
I mean, he's definately not stupid if he managed to become supreme ruler of a country... i just don't think he would hide in one of the best guarded cities in the iraq.. no, i think he has a secret hideout somwhere in the desert...

as to your opinion that the rebel acts will be intensified: i agree. The american rebuild policy is just not satisfactory. I mean, hello! you need workers to rebuild a country, not soldiers...

WINCHESTER
WINCHESTER
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 07:05:24 Reply

At 12/14/03 07:00 AM, derBrot wrote: I wonder if it's really saddam.
I mean, he's definately not stupid if he managed to become supreme ruler of a country... i just don't think he would hide in

well actually on the news like 2 mins ago it said they cought him on saturday but they have been checking his DNA since then and they found that it IS him!!

Jal
Jal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 08:20:05 Reply

I kinda really hope it's him so that would be a first step towards the end of the war in Iraq (Will the US go somewhere else now?).

"What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero" Hobbes.

swayside
swayside
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 08:23:37 Reply

that's true. they've matched scars on his body with ones they'd known were on him before, other captured iraqis identified him as saddam, he himself identified himself as saddam, and now they've done dna testing. it's him! in the conference room where the news was first relayed to the press (iraq has70 newspapers that regularly attend these conferences), they had two big-screen monitors showing footage of saddam being checked out by an american medic, and iraqi reporters stood up and started screeming. just a few minutes ago (as in right before i started typing this) they translated what they were screaming- "death to saddam!!"

as for attacks increasing, i don't think that'll happen. there may be a couple of retaliatory attacks at first as the news spreads, but like it was said before, saddam is a symbol. once a symbol's broken, it loses it's influence.

Moloko
Moloko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 09:07:57 Reply

He was found in a hole in his HOME TOWN. hmm....

how degrading it must be to be shown on tv like that (being checked for fleas and such). I just heard right now that an Iraqi had told them where to find Saddam. i wonder if they rewarded him or anything?

im happy that they finally got him. Hopefully Iraq's future will be a brighter now with out that monster.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 09:47:15 Reply

Dear idiots who think this will cause increased terrorist attacks:

THE MUSLIMS DIDN'T LIKE SADAM EITHER! THIS WHOLE WAR WAS ABOUT FULFILLING PROMISES TO SHIITE MUSLIMS DURING THE FIRST GULF WAR TO REMOVE SADAM!

I swear, you're all a bunch of cowards (people who fear terrorist attacks). We're at WAR! We should be glad we're not getting BOMBED BY THE ENEMY.

Damnit, where's my flag?

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom HATE. Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 09:55:37 Reply

Got me when they showed the video of Senor Hussein, bearded and tired...

...this certainly sets back a Democratic win in 2004.

BBS Signature
FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 10:07:59 Reply

At 12/14/03 09:55 AM, JudgeMeHarshX wrote:
...this certainly sets back a Democratic win in 2004.

*grumbles* damn partisan politics *grumbles*

Can we not be happy that Sadam will finally pay for his atrocities against the Shiites, and that while Bush may be an idiot, he runs a country that achieves its goals?

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom HATE. Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 10:12:58 Reply

I'm glad whenever a dictator is brought down from power. As soon as we remove the one from this country, we can all celebrate just as the Iraqis are.

BBS Signature
ZombieLennon
ZombieLennon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 10:16:16 Reply

At 12/14/03 09:47 AM, JudgeFUNK wrote: Dear idiots who think this will cause increased terrorist attacks:

THE MUSLIMS DIDN'T LIKE SADAM EITHER! THIS WHOLE WAR WAS ABOUT FULFILLING PROMISES TO SHIITE MUSLIMS DURING THE FIRST GULF WAR TO REMOVE SADAM!

I swear, you're all a bunch of cowards (people who fear terrorist attacks). We're at WAR! We should be glad we're not getting BOMBED BY THE ENEMY.

Damnit, where's my flag?

Oh Yeah!!! Now Saddam won't nuke New York! Thank god we got Saddam, we're so much safer now!

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 10:36:09 Reply

I feel safe knowing a man who couldn't attack my nation in the first place is now in U.S. hands.

BBS Signature
TheWakingDeath
TheWakingDeath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 10:38:23 Reply

don't be so quick to trust the doctors who claim it's saddam. doctors were the ones who said kennedy got shot from grassy knoll. the administration will try anything to make itself seem more righteous and effective. i hope it really is saddam, but we should all be skeptical.

chrcolbean
chrcolbean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 12:14:48 Reply

Fantastic, now that we captured one of the most brutal dictators in recent history you can all whine about how we're not treating him right, and how he's not being given a proper trial, et cetera.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 12:15:47 Reply

As far as we know this might be Bozo the clown with one of them latex masks. That they used in MIssion Impossible. One. Like. at the end. And stuff..

So anyways, congratulations U.S.A. on making your people believe they are safer while they are getting screwed by their leaders and let's all hope they'll reelect Bush.

Ah fuck this i don't know anything about âctual politics. Its too boring :p

BBS Signature
karasz
karasz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 12:26:52 Reply

set back nothing....

the game is fucking over...

send the kids to bed, stick a fork in the dems, they're done.

adrshepard
adrshepard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 13:27:12 Reply

At 12/14/03 10:36 AM, JudgeMeHarshX wrote: I feel safe knowing a man who couldn't attack my nation in the first place is now in U.S. hands.

Aww don't be such a sore loser. Youre just upset because you can't use your little "Oh, we haven't caught Saddam so the US sucks!" line.
And shut up about Bush being a dictator, because if you really believe that, you must be on crack, which isn't good for your marginally blossoming political career.

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 13:38:39 Reply

At 12/14/03 01:27 PM, adrshepard wrote: And shut up about Bush being a dictator, because if you really believe that, you must be on crack, which isn't good for your marginally blossoming political career.

JMHX has been smoking the democrack, which gives you a sense of euphoria, but also causes backbiting and naivete.

Ever notice the only democrats over the age of 40 are politicians or minorities?

TheWakingDeath
TheWakingDeath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 13:46:06 Reply

that's not at all true, i know plenty of people over forty who aren't politicians and who aren't minorities and they're democrat. the reason why so many minorities are democratic is because the republicans are for the most part racist, elitist white protestant businessmen. and what does that have to do with the topic, JudgeFunk?

Dagodevas
Dagodevas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 13:50:25 Reply

At 12/14/03 12:26 PM, karasz wrote: send the kids to bed, stick a fork in the dems, they're done.

Woah, now I wouldn’t say that the Democrats are through. I think their chances of having a Democrat president in ’04 have been seriously crippled, but they’re not through.

TheWakingDeath
TheWakingDeath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 13:56:29 Reply

Aww don't be such a sore loser. Youre just upset because you can't use your little "Oh, we haven't caught Saddam so the US sucks!" line.

awe, don't be so bithcy to someone who dares to have a different opinion than you, adr. wherever you show up the arguement degrades into a mindless liberal bashing fest.
aaaany way, JMHX never said the US sux. I'm sick of you conservatives thinking that liberals hate their country. it's sickening and it's just not true. but i am distrustful of the government when something goes so wonderfully right just out of the blue and makes the president look sooooo good. i just question it. it's the AMERICAN thing to do

And shut up about Bush being a dictator, because if you really believe that, you must be on crack, which isn't good for your marginally blossoming political career.

-bush has done many things that can be considered dictatorial
-attained his position through dihonest and controversial means
-taken away our freedom of speech
-disallowed people rights on no constitutional basis, but on his on religious sensibilities
-waged war with other countries unprovoked and for non humanitarian reasons
-lied to the american people about the "enemy" and "wmd"

as they say, "if it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck what the fuck? should you call it a duck?"

RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 14:00:53 Reply

At 12/14/03 01:27 PM, adrshepard wrote: Aww don't be such a sore loser. Youre just upset because you can't use your little "Oh, we haven't caught Saddam so the US sucks!" line.

We can still use the "Where are the WMD's, sooo... the US sucks!" line.

haha

The one thing force produces is resistance.

BBS Signature
Dagodevas
Dagodevas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 14:03:24 Reply

At 12/14/03 02:00 PM, RedSkunk wrote: We can still use the "Where are the WMD's, sooo... the US sucks!" line.

It would be funny if Saddam fessed-up to the location of the WoMD (assuming he had them) today and come tomorrow you couldn’t use THAT line either; just for the sake of comedic irony.

RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 14:03:36 Reply

At 12/14/03 01:50 PM, Dagodevas wrote:
At 12/14/03 12:26 PM, karasz wrote: send the kids to bed, stick a fork in the dems, they're done.
Woah, now I wouldn’t say that the Democrats are through. I think their chances of having a Democrat president in ’04 have been seriously crippled, but they’re not through.

I would. It wasn't looking rosy before, and now with this somewhat-hollow victory (Basically by now Hussein was just a powerless 66-yo hiding in a hole underneath a hut), if Bush can just tone down some of the casualties (how many this weekend, 15 deaths 30 injured in one car bomb?) his victory will be sealed.

For better or worse, there will be four more years of Bush topics on NG

BBS Signature
RedSkunk
RedSkunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 14:05:35 Reply

At 12/14/03 02:03 PM, Dagodevas wrote:
At 12/14/03 02:00 PM, RedSkunk wrote: We can still use the "Where are the WMD's, sooo... the US sucks!" line.
It would be funny if Saddam fessed-up to the location of the WoMD (assuming he had them) today and come tomorrow you couldn’t use THAT line either; just for the sake of comedic irony.

I agree. Man, it would be really wild. I'd question my whole belief system =P

BBS Signature
Chaoslight
Chaoslight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 14:24:30 Reply

At 12/14/03 02:05 PM, RedSkunk wrote:
At 12/14/03 02:03 PM, Dagodevas wrote:
I agree. Man, it would be really wild. I'd question my whole belief system =P

How about: "They stilll haven't found a six foot tall guy on dialysis, so... The US SUCKS"

And assuming they ever find Osama, how about: They haven't repealed the PATRIOT Act, despite no more terrorists, (The Bush administration has claimed that Osama/Saddam [depending on the time frame] is the reason for the Patriot act) so... THE US SUCKS.

Jazake
Jazake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 14:31:25 Reply

I am glad we got him, but... (and this is funny since im a right winger) dosnt anyone see this as a little too easy? I mean, why was he staying right in his hime town? You think he would have fled far from home. However, maybe he thought he should have stayed there, thinkin we would not think to look there.

TheWakingDeath
TheWakingDeath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 14:38:43 Reply

jazake, it was all too easy, that's the point i've been trying to make, it's suspicous.

Dagodevas
Dagodevas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 14:48:42 Reply

At 12/14/03 02:38 PM, izuamoto wrote: jazake, it was all too easy, that's the point i've been trying to make, it's suspicous.

Well from what I heard it as this. There was an interrogation of someone who was aware of Saddam’s whereabouts and he eventually confessed. The US soldiers surrounded the house and apprehended him on the info they got. I’m not all that surprised that Saddam was found in his hometown. I’m sure it’s one of the few places in Iraq where he can stay and he feels comfortable no one would rat out on him (unfortunately for him, someone did). I’m also sure he would prefer to be surrounded by people he would feel comfortable with being that he’s been through some undeniably rough times lately. I’m also not surprised that he went without a fight. He only had two guys with AK’s with him and, being the clean-freak that Saddam is, I’m sure he saw his capture as a blessing in disguise; an excuse for him to leave that filthy hole-in-the-wall he’s been living in.

My two cents. :-P

Peter90688
Peter90688
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Saddam captured in Tigrit. 2003-12-14 15:14:35 Reply

lol!! Did u guys see the pic of sudam?! HAHHAHAH! I cant believe somebody that old can do such horrible things to a country. Glad we got em. GO US!!!
Ps- Sudam is even uglier than i thought, damn.