00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Destiny2Lover2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Sock Drawer

57,401 Views | 353 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-05-21 21:55:06

fjdjufdjudfju upload!!w!w!

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-05-21 23:22:00

At 8/5/09 04:28 PM, Sockembop wrote: I guess they can't read?

For the win!!

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-05-22 00:57:51

At 5/21/10 09:55 PM, Sockembop wrote: fjdjufdjudfju upload!!w!w!

I like that man, it turned out pretty sweet.

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-05-22 11:46:34

At 5/22/10 12:57 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 5/21/10 09:55 PM, Sockembop wrote: fjdjufdjudfju upload!!w!w!
I like that man, it turned out pretty sweet.

thanks. i plan on doing a bunch more.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-05-31 20:35:51

I decided to try some drawing in photoshop. I did a really basic cartoony sketch and now i'm basically painting in a single layer on top of it. It's a bit of a departure from my normal style. A little bit more time consuming, but I'm enjoying the process a lot.

Because this is sort of unfamiliar territory for me comments and criticism would be really appreciated as I feel I don't know what I'm doing hardly lol. Any tips you have would be great.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-05-31 20:40:59

At 5/31/10 08:35 PM, Sockembop wrote: Because this is sort of unfamiliar territory for me comments and criticism would be really appreciated as I feel I don't know what I'm doing hardly lol. Any tips you have would be great.

For unfamiliar territory, you're still doing pretty good with it.

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-05-31 21:27:45

At 5/31/10 08:40 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: For unfamiliar territory, you're still doing pretty good with it.

Thanks man, but I give up... Not altogether, but the more I work on this pic the more it looks like the cover of a homosexual jaundiced alien romance novel... I can't justify putting any more work into this.

I'm gonna start again later with better subject matter.

Here's as far as I got.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-05-31 22:44:11

Heh you like reds and purples, two of my fave couors, the drawings are very nice, kinda artistic, keep at it and i look forward to some in the art portal.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-01 14:06:24

At 5/31/10 10:44 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Heh you like reds and purples, two of my fave couors, the drawings are very nice, kinda artistic, keep at it and i look forward to some in the art portal.

~X~

Thanks man! Speaking of red (or pink i guess), I added some to the pic that I said I'm not working on anymore. I'm going to continue not working on it and maybe it'll get finished. I stole a robot from my robot day pic in the art portal. I dunno if I like it at all...

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-04 20:56:46

Back in my comfort zone...

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-04 21:44:57

At 6/4/10 08:56 PM, Sockembop wrote: Back in my comfort zone...

Yeaaaaahhhhh, snazzy =D

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-05 00:09:27

And right back out again. So please people, I'm begging you: tell me where i have gone wrong. I did this with no reference, so considering my lack of experience drawing anything near proper human anatomy I don't think it's half bad. Other than the shitty lazy hands and crappy feet, why does she look so awkward? What can I do to improve.

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-05 00:10:29

At 6/5/10 12:09 AM, Sockembop wrote:
Oops...

And right back out again. So please people, I'm begging you: tell me where i have gone wrong. I did this with no reference, so considering my lack of experience drawing anything near proper human anatomy I don't think it's half bad. Other than the shitty lazy hands and crappy feet, why does she look so awkward? What can I do to improve.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-05 08:10:12

At 6/5/10 12:10 AM, Sockembop wrote: And right back out again. So please people, I'm begging you: tell me where i have gone wrong. I did this with no reference, so considering my lack of experience drawing anything near proper human anatomy I don't think it's half bad. Other than the shitty lazy hands and crappy feet, why does she look so awkward? What can I do to improve.

I feel the awkwardness comes from a mixture of the face, and the pose. See, not many people stand in that pose very often, as it's a very tense, straight and uncomfortable pose to hold up, so many people would tilt their weight to their left or right, especially so in females. Basically, make the pose a bit more fluid and less straight, and you're good to go.

for the face, it looks a bit... dopey? Im not sure how to describe it, but her face is kinda slanted and her expression looks very lazy for the situation.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-05 11:04:16

At 6/5/10 08:10 AM, Danopus wrote: I feel the awkwardness comes from a mixture of the face, and the pose. See, not many people stand in that pose very often, as it's a very tense, straight and uncomfortable pose to hold up, so many people would tilt their weight to their left or right, especially so in females.

for the face, it looks a bit... dopey? Im not sure how to describe it, but her face is kinda slanted and her expression looks very lazy for the situation.

Lol yeah I agree. The face is terrible. And good point about the pose. Thanks for your advise.

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-08 23:36:51

Love this drawing! Yeah!

The background is a lame photoshop tutorial though...

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-09 03:54:18

At 6/8/10 11:36 PM, Sockembop wrote: Love this drawing! Yeah!

Could it be the elusive worsley bear!?!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-09 08:31:39

At 6/9/10 03:54 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 6/8/10 11:36 PM, Sockembop wrote: Love this drawing! Yeah!

lol, looks good

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-09 16:37:57

At 6/9/10 03:54 AM, J-qb wrote:

There is a 90% chance that i just might be.... Stay tuned next time. Same sock time, same Sock Drawer to find out... something totally unrelated.

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-10 04:12:58

At 6/5/10 12:10 AM, Sockembop wrote: Other than the shitty lazy hands and crappy feet, why does she look so awkward? What can I do to improve.

Her shoulders seem a bit too broad which makes it a bit awkward and I think the nose in particular makes the face look much worse than it really is. I think you just need to lower the eyes a tad and the mouth a bit and then go for a more realistic nose (see image)

The Sock Drawer

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-10 05:07:57

At 6/10/10 04:12 AM, CloudEater wrote:
At 6/5/10 12:10 AM, Sockembop wrote: Other than the shitty lazy hands and crappy feet, why does she look so awkward? What can I do to improve.
Her shoulders seem a bit too broad which makes it a bit awkward and I think the nose in particular makes the face look much worse than it really is. I think you just need to lower the eyes a tad and the mouth a bit and then go for a more realistic nose (see image)

cloudy what did toas say about focusing on the negatives, stop doing it, i personally see no real problem with it apart from the nose needs to be more defined

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-10 06:11:31

That's one awesome face. I like it. :P Finding flaws and focusing on the negative side of pic is quite normal with artists. A normal person will just comment like this: OMG! That's so Awesome!
while concerned artist will find any flaws to help the artist improve. Although focusing on the bad side often also has a lot of down sides.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-10 12:36:38

At 6/10/10 04:12 AM, CloudEater wrote: Her shoulders seem a bit too broad which makes it a bit awkward and I think the nose in particular makes the face look much worse than it really is. I think you just need to lower the eyes a tad and the mouth a bit and then go for a more realistic nose (see image)

lol yeah, good point. The face i drew looks so stupid next to yours. The nose is so high on the face and stupid looking. Thanks for the tip.

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-10 15:22:08

Practicing some new techniques... There are so many things wrong with it but I'm really excited with how it turned out anyways...

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-10 19:12:35

At 6/10/10 03:22 PM, Sockembop wrote: Practicing some new techniques... There are so many things wrong with it but I'm really excited with how it turned out anyways...

I was redoing the whole thing and i totally fucked up the hair beyond the ability of undo to fix... I give up. Was just for practice anyways. On to the next one.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-18 17:58:26

This took waaay longer than it needed to. Was just a practice piece. Lots of problems with it, but I kinda like it anyways. Even though he looks mentally challenged lol.

The Sock Drawer

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-19 00:17:53

At 6/18/10 05:58 PM, Sockembop wrote: Even though he looks mentally challenged lol.

Hurr hurr hurr, me Link, you Zelda, me rescue you.

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-19 01:28:55

At 6/19/10 12:17 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Hurr hurr hurr, me Link, you Zelda, me rescue you.

lol stop poking fun at him, he can't help it - retard Link was born that way. And get on MSN damnit! I need to show you our doubles pic before we post it in case you think we should change anything.

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-19 05:22:02

At 6/18/10 05:58 PM, Sockembop wrote: This took waaay longer than it needed to. Was just a practice piece. Lots of problems with it, but I kinda like it anyways. Even though he looks mentally challenged lol.

I disagree, this is quite very good. Besides his' face I mean. The shading and lighting is just awesome on this pic. And I'm loving the sword. :D

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to The Sock Drawer 2010-06-19 13:04:16

At 6/19/10 05:22 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: I disagree, this is quite very good. Besides his' face I mean. The shading and lighting is just awesome on this pic. And I'm loving the sword. :D

Thanks man, I've been working on my lighting. Picked up some great techniques from a guy named Mike Henry that I recommend everyone check out.

Mike Henry on Livestream
Mike Henry on DeviantArt

BBS Signature