New Topic Respond to this Topic
Vociferousmime
Vociferousmime
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Art Lover
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-05-27 01:47:47 Reply

Anyone here watch Rocko's Modern Life? sickest show ever.

RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-05-27 14:40:02 Reply

At 5/27/11 01:44 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
Didn't we already discuss this? Didn't you already say there's very little action taken against copyright?

Well, I felt there is a difference between sending free episodes or making fanbased parodies and collecting stuff to put on a disk and winning profits through it.

In retrospect, I apologise for focusing this mainly on MLP. I am also quite fond of Little Kuribohs work on YugiOh Abridged and the guys from team 4star, creating DBZ abridged. They also sell T-shirts and stuff portraying characters from the show. So I wonder how far fanbased merchandising stands from infringing copyrights. As I said, there is a difference between making profit based on fanmaterial of a show and making fanart/fiction/... for non-profit uses.

This encompasses more then MLP alone.

I just don't see the appeal of this show. Yes, the show is very exploitable and has endless potential for fanart, fanfiction, and image macros. But besides the meme part of it, what sets this apart from any other cartoon like it? It's basically just Foster's with a painful moral at the end of each episode.

Sorry, for bringing it up so much. That's why I intended to separate the show from the others at first. but yeah, the cartoon club lay dead for quite some time, so I didn't know it would annoy people.

As to why it stands out from the others? In my case, a major factor is the availability. For other shows, I either have to buy DVD's to follow the show through, or hope I can find them free online. Sadly, they get pulled off of the internet most of the time. I could watch them on TV, which would be the best option. But Channels are real assholes at that.
1. TV Channels where I live, have decided that it's great to dub shows. well, wh wah i hate dubbed shows because I'm such a hipster! No, i know some good dubs, but lately it seems as if they decided that with progressing time, they have to spend less money on good voice actors and the quality of the dubs have become painful.
2. The dick move of TV channels to rerun the same episodes over and over again. Even worse so, they totally abandon chronology. This is the case with Cartoon channels, who send cartoons day in day out, but fail to get the rights to air more than one cartoon.
3. Of course, TV has a schedule, and sadly this schedue doesn't matches mine. There's so many options to tape things, but I only tape what I'm sure I like.

An example: Invader Zim. I've watched a few episodes online and I like the show so very much. However, they showed it on TV, dubbed poorly and that was a big turnoff, so I didn't bother taping them. If i were to find a source, then I would probably start watching them one after the other.

And if you watch them a lot, you like them more and more and such.

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!
Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.
Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

BBS Signature
sabs546
sabs546
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-05-27 15:50:47 Reply

my lips are sealed to not tell you that I hate mew mew power

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-05-27 16:05:35 Reply

At 5/27/11 02:40 PM, RubberTrucky wrote: As I said, there is a difference between making profit based on fanmaterial of a show and making fanart/fiction/... for non-profit uses.

Wikipedia has its own article now for MLP's fanbase. I would imagine any fanmaterial being sold would do nothing but promote the franchise, like the cartoon.

Sorry, for bringing it up so much. That's why I intended to separate the show from the others at first. but yeah, the cartoon club lay dead for quite some time, so I didn't know it would annoy people.

There's nothing wrong with what you did. You're talking about a cartoon pretty much everybody is watching right now.

As to why it stands out from the others? In my case, a major factor is the availability. For other shows, I either have to buy DVD's to follow the show through, or hope I can find them free online. Sadly, they get pulled off of the internet most of the time. I could watch them on TV, which would be the best option. But Channels are real assholes at that.

I understand. I had to buy Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS's DVDs because nobody would upload them online (Except on /co/, but I'm banned) and I'm not even sure if those versions are the censored Toon Disney versions or not.

In other news, there's an official song out called Equestria Girls sung by Pinkie Pie which everyone is making remixes of right now. A bigger deal is the extended mix. Yes, she just said "bronies". Oh my god.

RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-05-28 06:08:51 Reply

At 5/27/11 04:05 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
In other news, there's an official song out called Equestria Girls sung by Pinkie Pie which everyone is making remixes of right now. A bigger deal is the extended mix. Yes, she just said "bronies". Oh my god.

Oh, that's not the 'worst' of it. At the end of the song 'Spike' mentions DJ Pon-3.
Bronies are a bit of in between. Not all that coincidental link to 'bronies' of course. But in a song where 'bros' are to be mentioned, bronies should follow naturally. But DJ Pon-3 is the meme-based name of the DJ pony briefly appearing in the episode 'Suited for success', officially named Vinyl Scratch. That reference wasn't even subtle.

Seems like the show is riding the meme wave big. On the positive side, perhaps next season will feature a Doctor Whoof episode. Must be a power rush for some meme bronies to see that the meme status affects the show (there's already been Derpy). Meh, got to wait till the rush in their heads get so high, the contant of the show really goes through the toilet next season. For now, I'm willing to take it with a moderate spoon of amusement.

As far as the song itself is concerned, I found it a bit out of character for Pinkie. It's clearly aimed at an older audience (the fact that it is a parody of an older song is obvious). As a promo, this might be acceptable. i just hope they don't take it with them to the second season and everypony starts singing rap and pop songs and such. The show itself requires song of the musical type.

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-05-28 06:24:23 Reply

At 5/28/11 06:08 AM, RubberTrucky wrote:

:(the fact that it is a parody of an older song is obvious
Ok, scratch this remark

BBS Signature
Mrmongooseman
Mrmongooseman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-05-28 15:14:14 Reply

I am addicted to mlp and Aqua Teen right now, I just can't get MLP out of my head.

I don't hate anybody. even if you occasionally piss me off.
The Man who made my Sig
I am a huge brony.

BBS Signature
andythehedgehog
andythehedgehog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-05-28 16:59:15 Reply

So any impressions of the Amazing World Of Gumball? So far it seems only one of the 2 stories of each episode is good. And when this show is good, it's fucking fantastic and hilarious and beautiful.

8^(|

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-05-30 21:07:59 Reply

At 5/28/11 04:59 PM, andythehedgehog wrote: So any impressions of the Amazing World Of Gumball?

I have heard of it, but they don't air it here. It seemed bad, I think.

On a side note, I've spawned quite some ideas on creating a game based on MLP in my blog. Tokk way too much time to write down. But I am satisfied on its result for now.

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-02 18:12:05 Reply

I just watched a part of a Dutch dubbed MLP episode. My God, if I casually watched that on TV I would be a pony hater.
Now the voice actresses were experienced in other dubs, but hannah montana? that's like one of the worst dubs in the history. Also, spike is female.

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-03 20:48:49 Reply

At 5/30/11 09:07 PM, RubberTrucky wrote: I have heard of it, but they don't air it here. It seemed bad, I think.

It really isn't. It's quite good actually. The pacing is perfect, and the visuals are gorgeous. And the writing is surprisingly pretty funny.

Also, wow:

Cartoon Club

Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-06 03:16:34 Reply

Wow, I barely ever come to C&C and I just discovered this thread, but I talk about cartoons on General all the time. Adventure Time is probably my favorite show that's currently on TV, animated or otherwise.

I also recently started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender (since the A.V. Club is doing recaps this summer), so I was wondering what you guys think of that show (without spoilers, preferably).

At 5/27/11 01:47 AM, Vociferousmime wrote: Anyone here watch Rocko's Modern Life? sickest show ever.

I love that show. People always heap all the praise on Ren & Stimpy and forget about Rocko, when I'd argue that it was a much better show, and maybe just as influential (Spongebob creator Stephen Hillenburg worked on the show, as did the creators of Phineas and Ferb). Plus it easily had the ballsiest attempts at getting shit past the censors of any kids' show ever (they hung out at a place called Chokey Chicken, for God's sake).

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
Corpus-Delicti
Corpus-Delicti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-06 03:23:38 Reply

Can MLP: FIM Be discussed in this thread? Because i love that show, and the douchebag mods seem to lock/delete any thread relating to it directly...

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-08 17:07:47 Reply

Pinkie takes bun making to the next level.

Oh my.

Cartoon Club

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-08 17:21:31 Reply

The amount of MLP fanart is unbelievable. I actually think it's past the amount of Sonic fanart at this point. Well, MAYBE not that far, but it's getting close. Damn close.

But the following this show has on the Internet is so overwhelming, I'm thinking during Season 2 the series will completely sell out with meme-related jokes. We've already had derpy, bronies, and DJ PON-E. But that was all fanservice. It might, eventually, have so much fanservice it'll embarrass itself. Especially since Lauren is stepping down.

Cartoon Club

RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-11 19:10:14 Reply

At 6/6/11 03:23 AM, Corpus-Delicti wrote: Can MLP: FIM Be discussed in this thread? Because i love that show, and the douchebag mods seem to lock/delete any thread relating to it directly...

Malachy didn't give us a brony herd and said that it belongs in Cartoon club. So pretty friggin yes.

Also, I discovered ponychan and that opened a bronyworld for me. essentially, after getting kicked out of 4chan once too many, they made their own image board. sure, people now go OMGWTFBBQ, but it's not that bad. plenty of pony images and shit, but fruitful discussions on the show, nice artwork and they put links to download the actual episodes.

Gots myself a map of ponythemed meme macros. :3

But browsing that community, bronies are far more than just meme-base. people really, really love the show. Just read this article.

There's a possibility that before season 2 the interest dies down, but there's plenty of people hoping that the show sticks around for a few more seasons. And fan-art is in steady incline.

Cartoon Club

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-11 19:32:43 Reply

At 6/8/11 05:21 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: The amount of MLP fanart is unbelievable. I actually think it's past the amount of Sonic fanart at this point. Well, MAYBE not that far, but it's getting close. Damn close.

Also a gem that I can't withhold here.

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-13 20:26:04 Reply

Got a sequel to Doctor Whoof...

Also, if you are fan of MLP, prepare your tearducts for imminent release! http://averystrange.deviantart.com/#/d3i rkqh

BBS Signature
Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-15 19:17:26 Reply

I'm here to talk about ponies.

Cartoon Club

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-17 19:00:31 Reply

At 6/15/11 07:17 PM, Greenfrost6 wrote: I'm here to talk about ponies.

I'm game.

A subject: apparently a radioshow came down hard on the brony community, making claims on air about bronies being paedophiles. As a result, brony community spammed their facebook page with ponies.

Now I've been thinking about the issue. On one hand, it's just a radio show and we shouldn't take these words too serious. On the other hand, when the public indulges itself on the theory that bronies are paedophiles, that can seriously threaten the show. Made by a company that sells toys to kids with concerned parents, they might feel it unfit to continue the series if people think they outsource to perverts.

On a side note, digging into the Brony community, Lauren Faust and her crew dug up a grand jewel like they could rival to rarity.

Cartoon Club

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-18 11:39:25 Reply

At 6/17/11 07:00 PM, RubberTrucky wrote: A subject: apparently a radioshow came down hard on the brony community, making claims on air about bronies being paedophiles. As a result, brony community spammed their facebook page with ponies.

Another thing, this time a major news network.

http://www.fox2now.com/videobeta/?watchI d=cbf5555f-0451-4615-9b6b-772fa46baf30

Skip to about a minute, past all the Babyman stuff. (Although Babyman shows what they're classifying fans with) Yet again, people have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. But the worst part is this is going to fuel the stupid hate for bronies. (I'm not a brony, but this is just sick)

RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-18 11:59:08 Reply

At 6/18/11 11:39 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
Skip to about a minute, past all the Babyman stuff. (Although Babyman shows what they're classifying fans with) Yet again, people have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. But the worst part is this is going to fuel the stupid hate for bronies. (I'm not a brony, but this is just sick)

I wonder if people have actually quit their work to become a full time brony. If so, i can agree with him, that's pretty sick. Being a brony (heh, I love to lable it like that, but that on itself is a bit silly), is just something you do on your own time. that's what it is. It's not that different from playing video games after work, or whatever. Sure, there's become a huge internet culture about it, but i doubt anyone would reason that being a brony is an excuse to quit work.

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-18 12:09:52 Reply

At 6/18/11 11:59 AM, RubberTrucky wrote: I wonder if people have actually quit their work to become a full time brony. If so, i can agree with him, that's pretty sick. Being a brony (heh, I love to lable it like that, but that on itself is a bit silly), is just something you do on your own time. that's what it is. It's not that different from playing video games after work, or whatever. Sure, there's become a huge internet culture about it, but i doubt anyone would reason that being a brony is an excuse to quit work.

I don't think you get it.

The guy said bronies live on disability (Which they don't, none of them) and are autistic/insane.

RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-18 12:17:42 Reply

At 6/18/11 12:09 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
I don't think you get it.

The guy said bronies live on disability (Which they don't, none of them) and are autistic/insane.

That's about as accurate as saying that Hawaian people have 6 arms and worship a giant crow.

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-18 14:41:34 Reply

At 6/18/11 01:42 PM, daethdrain wrote: Shhhh guys don't let the mods know we are talking ponies up in this bitch.

The mods can lick my awesomely cutie marked flank!

Seriously, brony herd got removed under the idea that discussing the show was fit for Cartoon club. So it would be unfair to now say "Oh, by that I meant buck off!"
Of course, though some pictures have been posted, when discussing the show, discuss the show+related and don't just post ponies. This being said...

Cartoon Club

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-19 14:11:09 Reply

And now for something completely different.

Batman: Brave and the Bold is not only one of the greatest DC animated shows ever, it's possibly one of the greatest cartoons of our time. It's a MASSIVE throwback to Golden and Silver Age comics, as well as Superfriends. It's cheesy to the point where it's almost like a parody, and it uses cutaway humor that actually WORKS. Aquaman in particular is made of win.

MEANWHILE, AT THE LEGION OF DOOM.

Cartoon Club

RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-20 06:43:34 Reply

At 6/19/11 02:11 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: And now for something completely different.

Batman: Brave and the Bold is not only one of the greatest DC animated shows ever, it's possibly one of the greatest cartoons of our time.

Are there episodes online?

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-20 17:37:29 Reply

At 6/20/11 06:43 AM, RubberTrucky wrote: Are there episodes online?

Here you go. List in the bottom right. I'm not sure if ALL of them work, but most of them should.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-21 11:31:51 Reply

Get me pictures, pictures of Superman...being a dick.

Headline will be Dicks, is Superman a big one. I want you to take the lead on this Lois since Clark is still downtown stuffing his face.

Cartoon Club

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Cartoon Club 2011-06-25 13:54:57 Reply

Aquaman, with the power to communicate with ANYTHING CONTAINING THE WORD FISH!!11

Did I mention that the latest episode teams Batman up with MOTHERFUCKING SPACE GHOST?!

Cartoon Club