00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Storybook Project [Collab?]

45,015 Views | 469 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-04 19:06:09

At 2/4/09 06:43 PM, RNNR wrote: Reneaneeaaeeaaea... whatever it's spelled... are you still with us, oh great female collab organizer person?
We need the morale boost, and since you're captain of the fleet...

I fail as captain! I have a ton of things to do (not just for this), and absolutely zero motivation or drive to do any of them! blah... I could really use a morale boost myself! ...or a vacation! ...some place warm and sunny. Yeah, that sounds nice.

I don't know how many people are even actually still doing anything for this... but I guess we're shooting for March 1st as planned.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-05 10:34:38

I don't know how many people are even actually still doing anything for this... but I guess we're shooting for March 1st as planned.

don't you worry. i'm working on it. ;)

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-05 15:13:27

At 2/4/09 07:06 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: I fail as captain! I have a ton of things to do (not just for this), and absolutely zero motivation or drive to do any of them! blah... I could really use a morale boost myself! ...or a vacation! ...some place warm and sunny. Yeah, that sounds nice.

Alright, here goes...

ReNaeNae, you're awesome.
Not only did you manage to organize all of this, you allowed some incredibly skilled people to show what they got and do their damn well best (well, me at least).

Riding along with that train of thought, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you putting all of this together. I wouldn't have my creativity sparked after a long, long, long time, write a 20 page script, get together some insanely awesome people and work on the greatest thing ever.

What you did was the catalyst for something wonderful that you could say changed my life. I got to meet very interesting people, develop my skills and learn a whole damn lot.

So, ReNae, I hereby present my infinite gratitude to you.
Thank you, you are awesome.

And don't you forget that.

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-05 16:32:23

Mind if I help, RNNR?

Renaenae, by organizing this collab, you are laying down the foundation of a whole new group to Newgrounds: the writers. I suck at drawing and animating (trust me, I've tried), but I can finally contribute something to Newgrounds with my writing. Where else could I go to have a story about a fish in a shoe brought to life? This could be the most epic collab to date; you're combining writers, artists, animators, musicians, and voice actors into one single piece. It's never been done on Newgrounds before. It's incredible! You're opening a door to all writers who can't draw have their work come to life. This is user of the year material! lol
And being one of the few female newgrounders, you have the attention of all the male users on the site.

Giggity.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-08 11:02:22

i have one in construction, its called: The fall of newgrounds

mmm... spam...

Gain cool points!

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-08 11:26:14

Wow, this looks awesome!

Is this still going or i´m too late? :P

If there is still a free place here, i can illustrate something, or do a (simple) fbf animation.
Let´s see how this is going! ^___^

"Resurrect, you idiot, resurrect! Is it money? Is that what you want!?"

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-08 12:57:57

oh, and im availible for any help on the stories

mmm... spam...

Gain cool points!

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-10 11:17:03

is it even still possible to submit content?

Cool & Spicy

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-10 15:23:01

At 2/10/09 11:17 AM, MistahMaxx wrote: is it even still possible to submit content?

Submit what, exactly? Stories, artwork, music?

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-10 16:19:46

Strengthening collaborator morale.
'nother something from sucho, give the guy a hand!

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-10 21:06:56

At 2/10/09 04:19 PM, RNNR wrote: Strengthening collaborator morale.
'nother something from sucho, give the guy a hand!

you know something, that picture is awsome!

but if you look closely you can see the simplicity, if i had a couuple hours even I could do that, but overall 8.7/10

mmm... spam...

Gain cool points!

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-11 01:50:48

morale boost!

i finished my part a month ago, but i never added the sound because its a pain, and i hate it.... but hey...

i was wondering, can we put some ambient music in the background? ill be sure to add who did it, for credits and such...

but yeah.... someone was supposedly doing a prequel to my fairytale, but i never hear from them.. i really hope they didnt give it up....

i liked my fairtale so much, that ive incorperated it in a huge epic that im working on... so anyways, how should i upload this? can i do it on spamtheweb? will that work?

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-12 11:06:23

At 2/11/09 01:50 AM, pvt-blasto wrote: morale boost!

i finished my part a month ago, but i never added the sound because its a pain, and i hate it.... but hey...

umm.. shouldn't it be the Immortal prIncess, and not Emmortal prEncess?

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-13 02:04:01

thats an I

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-13 14:57:08

At 2/13/09 02:04 AM, pvt-blasto wrote: thats an I

Truth be told, at first I thought it said Emmortal Prencess as well at first.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-13 17:25:01

At 2/13/09 02:04 AM, pvt-blasto wrote: thats an I

That's some fancy writing you got yourself thar..

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-14 16:22:09

Renaenae, talk to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-16 07:36:59

At 2/14/09 04:22 PM, RNNR wrote: Renaenae, talk to me.

Don't leave me hangin' here. It looks like we're ready to do this thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-16 11:23:39

Oh, hai... sorry.

Yeah, I guess we should work on wrapping things up.

Does anyone have stuff that needs to be put together? If so, let me know and we can get that sorted.
Jagondudo sent me his logo/symbol thingy, I'll work on making that available to everyone.
I think there will only be 3 or 4 stories (if that), so... no mad flooding of the portal! lol Oh well.

I appreciate all the effort everyone has put into this... and the morale boost attempts, lol!! Thanks, you guys are awesome! <3

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-16 12:29:37

Hey.... Where can I sign up?!
JOKING haw!
Anyways, this bettah be up soon cus im gettin pissed!! >:C

My Art ISU. Tell me what you think.

DeviantFart

YOU WANNA SEE SOME GOOD ART!? Well then you shouldn't click here.

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-16 13:43:53

At 2/16/09 11:23 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: Oh, hai... sorry.

Yeah, I guess we should work on wrapping things up.

Does anyone have stuff that needs to be put together? If so, let me know and we can get that sorted.
Jagondudo sent me his logo/symbol thingy, I'll work on making that available to everyone.
I think there will only be 3 or 4 stories (if that), so... no mad flooding of the portal! lol Oh well.

I appreciate all the effort everyone has put into this... and the morale boost attempts, lol!! Thanks, you guys are awesome! <3

You're alive!!!

Wrapping up? Wait... what? We're not nearly done D:! I know we should've been.. but... yeah, it's a lot :P. The script will have a few tweaks which shouldn't take a few hours, but art and musicwise... no.
Most of the voicework's done, though.

How are the other projects coming along? March is... two weeks away (shit... lol)

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-16 13:53:05

lol, yeah two weeks = wrapping up!!

I don't know how anyone else is coming along... I haven't seen anything from anyone. Maybe there's nothing to see. Maybe 3-4 stories was a gross over-estimate! I dunno lol ...I just don't know!

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-16 14:15:18

At 2/16/09 01:53 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: lol, yeah two weeks = wrapping up!!

I don't know how anyone else is coming along... I haven't seen anything from anyone. Maybe there's nothing to see. Maybe 3-4 stories was a gross over-estimate! I dunno lol ...I just don't know!

There's no time like crunchtime...

The deadline was when again? March 1st?
I don't suppose there's the possibility of like... err... you know... Of course... depending how every other project's faring...

If not possible, how about round two xD?

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-16 15:12:40

Also, this will all come together in one file right?

And is the size of the thing (650x450) set in stone, or can we vary?

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-16 16:38:21

there are a few stories that are seriously putting their all into it... maybe we shouldn't be so sticky about the deadline date? i've been personally thinking it was the END of march. not the 1st. unfortunately alot of these stories are grandiose and just need time with all the elements trying to come together.

I CAN"T DO IT CAPTAIN, AY'VE GIT TA HAVE MOORE TIIIIME!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-16 17:47:46

lol... because I love you guys soooo damn much, we can push the deadline back... it's just a random date I picked, so... it's completely re-pick-able!! Let's make it new and improved date:

March 30th!

I've added some new stories to the list ...and other people are just finding this thread, so... now they'll have a fighting chance.

As for fitting them into one file... no!! If your story is long enough to make it's own 'book', then it should be a separate submission. The idea was to have a BUNCH of movies... but because some stories are short, they would need to be grouped with one or two other short stories to avoid getting blammed.

If anyone isn't on 'the list', or notices anything that needs updating/fixing, please let me know!

P.S. International Literacy Day is in September... should we drag it out until then!?!? LMAO!!!! :P

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-16 19:06:08

At 2/16/09 05:47 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: lol... because I love you guys soooo damn much, we can push the deadline back... it's just a random date I picked, so... it's completely re-pick-able!! Let's make it new and improved date:

March 30th!

I've added some new stories to the list ...and other people are just finding this thread, so... now they'll have a fighting chance.

As for fitting them into one file... no!! If your story is long enough to make it's own 'book', then it should be a separate submission. The idea was to have a BUNCH of movies... but because some stories are short, they would need to be grouped with one or two other short stories to avoid getting blammed.

If anyone isn't on 'the list', or notices anything that needs updating/fixing, please let me know!

P.S. International Literacy Day is in September... should we drag it out until then!?!? LMAO!!!! :P

oh naenae, don't laugh it off so easily when it sounds so good. seriously though, i'm SO RELIEVED its the end of march now like i thought. some good last minute stories have popped up too. it'd be great if others were updating with their progress on this board.... i've secluded myself to the guest room/office/laundry closet downstairs so i can stay focused and get work done.

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-16 19:13:18

At 2/16/09 05:47 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: lol... because I love you guys soooo damn much, we can push the deadline back... it's just a random date I picked, so... it's completely re-pick-able!! Let's make it new and improved date:

March 30th!

That would give us an additional six weeks... everyone cool with that?

Truth be told, I think what we need is the projects that are currently in development to get finished, rather than gathering up more submissions. Not to shut out anyone willing to participate, but I'm seeing a trend here of people getting all excited at first, but then dropping out for whatever reason.
Something which more than often plagues big collaborations, but even more so this one I feel.

Eehehehe, long enough to make two books xD. Seperate submission it is! That gives us some freedom with resolution-wise as well.

Yeah, we're not on the list. Even though I can understand why as I didn't exactly post up the story

That's... actually not a bad idea... It's a little TOO much though :P
Perhaps for a round 2?

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-19 10:35:13

Glad to see this is still alive, and hopefully with the push back more people can get their stories animated. I've been taking RNNR's advice and trying to climb the mountain of trying to get an illustrator for my stories but damn has it been difficult lol. Still nothing of mine on the working block but hopefully I can get that changed around! Hope everyone works hard and gets some good stuff out!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] 2009-02-19 21:59:33

What is this thred about?
I want to join.