ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 07:42 PM Reply

At 12/10/08 10:28 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: I'll see if I can work something up...

yay!! :D

At 12/10/08 10:57 PM, TheSnakeSkull wrote: I'll write something, what standards for writing?

Whatever standards you set for yourself. If you think in terms of how the story will work along with the illustrations, you should be fine!

At 12/10/08 11:22 PM, orlyman wrote: This is a simply awesome idea, I'd love to do illustrations and possibly some flash work

Great... how are your flash skills?

At 12/11/08 01:23 AM, sucho wrote: anyway, just throwing out that i'd love to be an artist for this. i can write something if need be, but i'd like the opportunity to work for someone else. i'd rather get in the collaborative spirit than doing my own thing.

yay!! :D

At 12/11/08 07:14 AM, RNNR wrote: What's the deadline?

Mass submit is scheduled for Jan. 25th 2009!!

What's the maximum story length (pages in Word)?

No real max set... whatever you need to tell your story.

At 12/11/08 08:30 AM, Corky52 wrote: as you already know I was extremely busy.

I know you're a busy boy! There's pleny of time though!! ;)

At 12/11/08 01:45 PM, Sidorio wrote: I have an idea for something funny or serious, which would be best?

Both!! :D

At 12/11/08 01:48 PM, PieLover61 wrote: I think the authors should choose the artist they want. That'd be nice.

If an author has a specific artist in mind, they should absolutely contact them!! It can work either way! As long as it works! (oh, and ...Hi! lol)

At 12/11/08 01:59 PM, IDIifferentname wrote: Gimme a couple days to write something out.

You got it! :D

At 12/11/08 02:05 PM, Slippery-Nipple wrote: answered some questions!

Thanks! ;D

At 12/11/08 02:22 PM, darknessdweller wrote: Oh, I'd better get started writing!

great! we need all the stories we can get!! :D Good luck!

At 12/11/08 03:20 PM, RNNR wrote: Seems like I'm collaborating with sucho

Nice!! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!! :D

At 12/11/08 03:22 PM, sucho wrote: yup, right now i'm helping with two stories, so i don't think i'll be able to participate in many (any) more.

Your dance card is officially full... noted! ;)

oh you and your amazing collaborations renaenae, OH YOU!!

No, YOU!! and your awesome art and tablet-winning spectacularness! ;) Thanks for participating!!

At 12/11/08 04:04 PM, Murad136 wrote: THIS IS SO AWESOME! I'll defiantly contribute! Can't wait till this is done!

YAY!! I love enthusiastic people!! Welcome aboard!!

At 12/11/08 05:49 PM, Tiredguy wrote: Ok, wrote a story for ya and posted it where you requested. Looks like there's quite a few stories posted already.

We need tons more stories!! There is no limit! It won't be just one submitted 'collab' file, it's gonna be a total tidal wave of submissions! Like pico, madness, or clock day ...but with books!! weeEEee!!

At 12/11/08 06:01 PM, VannillaBear wrote: Sounds pretty awesome! Im gonna try to write something though i never have before o_o and i can illustrate stuff too :]

First time for everything! Writing just might be your calling!! Some day you'll be an award winning author and you'll be on Oprah saying "I'd like to thank ReNaeNae for getting me started!!" lol :D

At 12/11/08 06:07 PM, RNNR wrote: Collaboration with sucho is a GO!
Currently working out the character sheet.

yay! Keep us posted!!

At 12/11/08 07:10 PM, Bl00dRedKnife wrote: I've been working up the nerve to sketch something up.
Does the pictures have to be in some kind of pattern? (for example, if one person posts the beginning, do I have to draw what comes next?)

No nerve required!! This isn't a typical 'collab' ...you just pick a story from the list above (or write your own), and you draw ALL of the art for it! So no patterns unless it fits your story!!

k... I think I'm caught up! lol!! :D

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 07:44 PM Reply

At 12/11/08 07:20 PM, Bl00dRedKnife wrote: Wait, scratch that. I didn't know we had a choice to be individual artists. Delete this post please.

Too late! lol ;)

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 08:07 PM Reply

I just passed my last outstanding deadline for personal projects, so i'm officially completely free to illistrate! Woohoo!!

Now to wait patiently for a story that i think i could give justice

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
jamesb1995
jamesb1995
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 08:25 PM Reply

im signing up for this! (opens up wordpad)

mmm... spam...
Gain cool points!

LuisLongo
LuisLongo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 10:03 PM Reply

ok, i'll be writing a total non-sense story :D

orlyman
orlyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 10:07 PM Reply

My flash skills are devolping, working with frame-by-frame stuff currently

I'm also trying to learn actionscripting

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 10:32 PM Reply

I kinda want to do a story that's kinda happy and light-hearted, but then do the illistrations in my style and make them really wierd and kind of dark. But i'm no writer and it's just an idea anyone want to help me out?

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
dannykyler
dannykyler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 11:34 PM Reply

Is there a lenght limit for the story? I want to participate with a small part of all that is coming, but, I fear that I might overdo it, my story is too long.

Tiredguy
Tiredguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 11:35 PM Reply

I saw one of the stories- "Easy", and just for fun thought I'd take a crack at recording it. Check it out if you want. You can use it in the story collab if you want. I know it's probably not the correct procedure for contributing the VA stuff, but it was really just for fun, so if you don't use it that's fine.

• Easy- A Short Story
    Easy- A Short Story by Tiredguy

Click to listen.

Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Voice Acting
    Popularity

Ringwraith1
Ringwraith1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 11th, 2008 @ 11:41 PM Reply

Ive written about 2.4 pages in word (1587 words) since last night, and want to know if you want me to end it soon, if it is already to long, or if you want me to continue it.

BBS Signature
FGIJonC
FGIJonC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Filmmaker
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 12th, 2008 @ 12:09 AM Reply

I've already written a story for the collab. you can check it out on my user page. I really hope someone wants to animate it, that'd be sooooo awesome!

MY NAME IS JON AND I WRITE AND STUFF AND I LOVE MOVIES. I BLEED THEM. IF YOU NEED A SCRIPT WRITER MESSAGE ME. i KNOW HOW TO DO IT CORRECTLY. YES IM TYPING IN CAPS ON PURPOSE.

Tiredguy
Tiredguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 12th, 2008 @ 01:52 AM Reply

Ok, well, I don't know why I keep doing stuff when I should be working on other stuff, but I made a pic about the story I wrote for this project. I'm not sure if I want to actually be the illustrator for the whole story yet, since I'm pretty busy, but if I do, then this would be the first panel.

Storybook Project [Collab?]

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 12th, 2008 @ 05:15 AM Reply

I have submitted two stories for this project. I will take them off my userpage if they are not accepted or if the project is being worked on and all information is gathered.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
RNNR
RNNR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 12th, 2008 @ 05:18 AM Reply

ReNeaNea

Mind if we make a seperate topic for our submission?

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature
jamesb1995
jamesb1995
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 12th, 2008 @ 06:49 AM Reply

well my story is up, its called the mirror, check it out!

mmm... spam...
Gain cool points!

Mercenary81
Mercenary81
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 12th, 2008 @ 08:52 AM Reply

At 12/12/08 06:49 AM, jamesb1995 wrote: well my story is up, its called the mirror, check it out!

Is this really the place to advertise yourself?

Ghost/Supernat. Club | Join the Family | The FlashBase.
You always need at least one asshole moderator for your forum. Its not opinion, its fact

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 12th, 2008 @ 08:59 AM Reply

At 12/12/08 08:52 AM, Mercenary81 wrote:
At 12/12/08 06:49 AM, jamesb1995 wrote: well my story is up, its called the mirror, check it out!
Is this really the place to advertise yourself?

Um.. dude why not? I mean it is going to be in the collab probably. So why can't he post it up here? It's not like we aren't going to see it anyway.

Anyway, the only things that I could come up with were Xmas songs. >.< I couldn't really come up with a story so to say, but the Xmas songs tell a story in themselves. Would this still be alright to use?

BBS Signature
jossospro
jossospro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 12th, 2008 @ 09:19 AM Reply

I've just written a violent horror story! go read it!

wweerrdd
wweerrdd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 12th, 2008 @ 10:07 AM Reply

At 12/12/08 08:59 AM, Corky52 wrote:
At 12/12/08 08:52 AM, Mercenary81 wrote:
At 12/12/08 06:49 AM, jamesb1995 wrote:
Anyway, the only things that I could come up with were Xmas songs. >.< I couldn't really come up with a story so to say, but the Xmas songs tell a story in themselves. Would this still be alright to use?

I think that is a pretty good idea, as long as the artist doesn't mind doing it. If you use an old song try to make it original in some significant way. Like jingle bells, but with a family of actual bells. That was just an example, but you get the idea. It would allow you to write and them to animate something with a slant.

Or, you could use a really obscure christmas carol. *shrug*

-Z

ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 12th, 2008 @ 12:45 PM Reply

At 12/10/08 08:09 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 12/10/08 07:36 PM, DooDooMeaT wrote: Where do I sign up?
WE NEED STORIES!!!!

You can count on me! Ill write a few stories ASAP. But I will make them good not rushed lol. Any requests PM me!

II II lI

BBS Signature
MiddleFingerRings
MiddleFingerRings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 12th, 2008 @ 04:58 PM Reply

What's the opinion on working alone? (Doing both story and illustrations.) I don't want to ruin your vision, so if the idea was teamwork, then tell me.

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 12th, 2008 @ 06:19 PM Reply

At 12/11/08 08:07 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: I just passed my last outstanding deadline for personal projects, so i'm officially completely free to illistrate! Woohoo!! Now to wait patiently for a story that i think i could give justice

Woohoo!! Indeed!! I'll try to get that list updated sometime tonight!!

At 12/11/08 08:25 PM, jamesb1995 wrote: im signing up for this! (opens up wordpad)

awesome! Good luck! :D

At 12/11/08 10:03 PM, LuisLongo wrote: ok, i'll be writing a total non-sense story :D

...my favorite kind! ;D

At 12/11/08 10:07 PM, orlyman wrote: My flash skills are devolping, working with frame-by-frame stuff currently
I'm also trying to learn actionscripting

k, cool! I'll add you to the Flash helpers list... if I forget, remind me! lol :D

At 12/11/08 10:32 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: I kinda want to do a story that's kinda happy and light-hearted, but then do the illistrations in my style and make them really wierd and kind of dark. But i'm no writer and it's just an idea anyone want to help me out?

That sounds like it will be an interesting mix! Hope you find someone!!

At 12/11/08 11:34 PM, dannykyler wrote: Is there a lenght limit for the story? I want to participate with a small part of all that is coming, but, I fear that I might overdo it, my story is too long.

As long as the story is interesting and entertaining, any length should do. Just remember someone will be doing illustrations for it, so don't make it too much or no one will want to tackle it! (condense and edit!)

At 12/11/08 11:35 PM, Tiredguy wrote: I saw one of the stories- "Easy", and just for fun thought I'd take a crack at recording it.

Nice! So can I add you to the narration list in case anyone else wants theirs done?

At 12/11/08 11:41 PM, Ringwraith1 wrote: Ive written about 2.4 pages in word (1587 words) since last night, and want to know if you want me to end it soon, if it is already to long, or if you want me to continue it.

That's entirely up to you. If you want to post it and let people critique it, that's cool too!

At 12/12/08 12:09 AM, FGIJonC wrote: I've already written a story for the collab. you can check it out on my user page. I really hope someone wants to animate it, that'd be sooooo awesome!

Did you listen to Tiredguy's recording of it?!

At 12/12/08 01:52 AM, Tiredguy wrote: Ok, well, I don't know why I keep doing stuff when I should be working on other stuff, but I made a pic about the story I wrote for this project. I'm not sure if I want to actually be the illustrator for the whole story yet, since I'm pretty busy, but if I do, then this would be the first panel.

Nice! :) You're all over this collab! I love it! lol! If you want to take a crack at doing books/pages, or the logo/emblem thingy, go for it!! :D

At 12/12/08 05:15 AM, The-Great-One wrote: I have submitted two stories for this project. I will take them off my userpage if they are not accepted or if the project is being worked on and all information is gathered.

Awesome! I will add them to the list shortly! People will probably pass through from now until the end of January, so ya never know when, or even if someone will come along a choose yours! Thanks for contributing though! :D

At 12/12/08 05:18 AM, RNNR wrote: Mind if we make a seperate topic for our submission?

I LOVE your enthusiasm!! But, I'd rather you didn't. Otherwise we'll be overrun (wishful thinking! lol) with a bunch of threads for this one project. If you could keep it to your userpages and this thread, I'd appreciate it!

I'll get it added to the list shortly! Thanks :D

At 12/12/08 08:52 AM, Mercenary81 wrote: Is this really the place to advertise yourself?

If people could keep the stories to my userpage witht he list, that would be good, thanks ;)

At 12/12/08 08:59 AM, Corky52 wrote: Anyway, the only things that I could come up with were Xmas songs. >.< I couldn't really come up with a story so to say, but the Xmas songs tell a story in themselves. Would this still be alright to use?

lol, that could be fun! Just remember that the mass submit date is the end of January.

At 12/12/08 09:19 AM, jossospro wrote: I've just written a violent horror story! go read it!

lol, I'll get it added to the list shortly! :P

At 12/12/08 10:07 AM, wweerrdd wrote: I think that is a pretty good idea

word! ...I mean wweerrdd! ;)

At 12/12/08 12:45 PM, ForNoReason wrote: You can count on me! Ill write a few stories ASAP. But I will make them good not rushed lol. Any requests PM me!

Yay!! :D

At 12/12/08 04:58 PM, MiddleFingerRings wrote: What's the opinion on working alone? (Doing both story and illustrations.)

Team work is encouraged, but you're more that welcome to work alone! I'm sure what ever you come up with will be unique and awesome!! :D

RNNR
RNNR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 12th, 2008 @ 06:46 PM Reply

Updates now regularly posted on my userpage.
Looking for musicians and voice actors.

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 12th, 2008 @ 11:19 PM Reply

Hmm, I'm going to make two songs, whether they are used in this project or not is fine in my opinion, but I enjoy making them anyway. By that I mean I'm writing the lyrics to the song, not literally making the song. Here is an example of the one that I have written right now.

http://corky52.newgrounds.com/news/post/

I will shortly make an actual story though.

BBS Signature
Cell60k
Cell60k
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Writer
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 13th, 2008 @ 12:36 AM Reply

ill see what i can come up with no guarantees though i have finals coming up and i hate finals

There is no such thing as a Moral or Immoral Book. That is all.

BBS Signature
johnnycancer
johnnycancer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Artist
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 13th, 2008 @ 02:57 AM Reply

I'm glad to see this is getting a lot of love and support on the Art Forum.

I am going to tentatively say I'm in. The only reason I say tentatively is because I don't even know if I can fit this into my schedule or not. So, I'm in..for something anyway. I'll look at the stories and see if there is one that I might be able to illustrate with artistic efficiency...

Actually, I think I want to do "Girl with the Bee" by VanillaBear, if nobody has called that yet. It's rather short, and I could probably get away with doing somewhere between 6 and 8 illustrations if I was very smart about it. Then again, it might depend on what the designated image size ends up being.

So, yeah, that's my tentative choice. Let me get some concept sketches done before I completely commit to it. If someone else has already chosen this one, or if anybody else wants to do it with me, then I'd be very interested in collaborating with you. Or if VanillaBear has someone else in mind, I'm fleixble and can find something else.

I would more whole heartedly commit to this, I just don't feel like I can commit to anything at the moment.

Anyway, I'm glad this is up and running. Maybe I can have some concept stuff for you by Christmas.

BBS Signature
RNNR
RNNR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 13th, 2008 @ 08:10 AM Reply

!!! Script is in the works !!!

Looking for musicians and voice actors willing to join in on a project of a lifetime!

BBS Signature
jamesb1995
jamesb1995
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 13th, 2008 @ 08:54 AM Reply

heres an icon,

used the chubbytank

transparent png

Storybook Project [Collab?]

mmm... spam...
Gain cool points!

RNNR
RNNR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 13th, 2008 @ 12:51 PM Reply

vert has joined the team as a voice actor.

Currently the team consists of:
- sucho
- vert
- myself

!!! LOOKING FOR A VOICE ACTRESS !!!

BBS Signature
RNNR
RNNR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Storybook Project [Collab?] Dec. 13th, 2008 @ 05:27 PM Reply

Things are going according to plan.

McFooFa has joined the team!

BBS Signature