00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kawishinto just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wacom 17: WX

11,813 Views | 68 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 13:42:06

At 12/7/08 12:53 PM, Copy wrote: hey tom check out this magnificent artwork I made

I'm so fucking talented. give me a tablet.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Finally, someone on Newgrounds with a Brain.

It dosen't take a pen n' tablet to make stick figures. I guess Tom dosen't mind giving someone a hundred-dollar tablet considering the thousands upon thousands he gave Tom due to advertisement.

I'm glad I block ads. He didn't deserve this tablet. I believe it could have gone to someone with actual talent.

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 13:46:03

At 12/7/08 01:42 PM, bkdude wrote:
At 12/7/08 12:53 PM, Copy wrote: hey tom check out this magnificent artwork I made

I'm so fucking talented. give me a tablet.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Finally, someone on Newgrounds with a Brain.

It dosen't take a pen n' tablet to make stick figures. I guess Tom dosen't mind giving someone a hundred-dollar tablet considering the thousands upon thousands he gave Tom due to advertisement.

I'm glad I block ads. He didn't deserve this tablet. I believe it could have gone to someone with actual talent.

Did you even fucking read the post? He's giving it to him because he wants to venture away from stick men you ignorant prick.

Congrats WX, I hope your comedy and talent. pursue more creative ideas.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 13:51:29

It FINALLLY snowed there?
In here it has been snowing quite long, but the the snow just melts away.
Right now there is 30 centimeters of snow at max in some places.

Ah the wonderful Finland winter :')

Anyway, WX, eh?
Good for him. Although I have never seen his "non-stick" work.

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 13:51:44

At 12/7/08 11:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: He followed up with the insanely popular DE series, with these insanely popular movies:

Worst sentence structure in a news post ever.

Disgraceful.

IS THIS HOW YOU WANT TO RAISE YOUR CHILDREN?

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 13:53:06

His movies have ACTION in em. I hope he makes the best of it and experiments more with non stick figures

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 14:13:13

At 12/7/08 01:46 PM, Scuzzfest wrote: Did you even fucking read the post? He's giving it to him because he wants to venture away from stick men you ignorant prick.

Congrats WX, I hope your comedy and talent. pursue more creative ideas.

From what I noticed, everyone else who received a tablet due to their pre-existing talent shown through their work with a mouse or another medium of art. WX on the other hand, has been sticking solely to stick-art. If he really deserved a tablet, he should have created a demo using what he has.

And I really enjoy how members of Newgrounds jump right out and bite your face off. To think I used to be one of you people with 1400 posts. I'm glad I haven't devolved to your level.

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 14:30:08

At 12/7/08 02:13 PM, bkdude wrote: From what I noticed, everyone else who received a tablet due to their pre-existing talent shown through their work with a mouse or another medium of art. WX on the other hand, has been sticking solely to stick-art. If he really deserved a tablet, he should have created a demo using what he has.

Oh yeah? Have a look at last years. I got a tablet back in '07, From like a week after finally signing up, I got it for reasons beyond having talent previously, I got it for my school work and to help my school in general. It's helped me through my Design work and many members of my class. It's help us realise talent. These tablets are not just about improving talent, they're about noticing it, So if Tom "Notices" WX can improve in better areas, he damn well deserves one.

And I really enjoy how members of Newgrounds jump right out and bite your face off. To think I used to be one of you people with 1400 posts. I'm glad I haven't devolved to your level.

Then don't make really stupid ignorant comments.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 14:49:28

At 12/7/08 02:30 PM, Scuzzfest wrote:
Oh yeah? Have a look at last years. I got a tablet back in '07, From like a week after finally signing up, I got it for reasons beyond having talent previously, I got it for my school work and to help my school in general. It's helped me through my Design work and many members of my class. It's help us realise talent. These tablets are not just about improving talent, they're about noticing it, So if Tom "Notices" WX can improve in better areas, he damn well deserves one.
Then don't make really stupid ignorant comments.

Aspiring Artists + Newgrounds = Newgrounds realizes talent = potential for ad profit

Newgrounds + Tablets + Aspiring Artists = Artists make higher-quality work for Newgrounds = $$$

Its a marketing scheme, and in WX's case, a petty "thank you for the 2 million+ views for your de_dust Flashes alone!"

time to disassemble a laptop and finish my English homework.

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 14:56:26

Another awesome one.

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 15:12:52

At 12/7/08 11:32 AM, Luis wrote: I dont really care for stick animators... so i hope this tablet encourages him to persue non stick animation. Congrats.
At 12/7/08 11:37 AM, El-Presidente wrote: Definitely. I don't think that stick animators should get tablets unless they're going to try and advance to something that's less stick and more artistic.

^I agree with these gentlemen.

At 12/7/08 12:50 PM, WX wrote: a lot of ambitious stuff

Ok man, sounds like a plan. Remember to go make a portfolio collection on the art forum once youre at it lmao. Good luck, and have fun with your new tablet. :)

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 15:14:45

Congrats stickdrawing person!

At 12/7/08 11:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! It snowed a little yesterday so it's starting to finally feel like winter. Bob had a holiday party and Tim deep fried two turkeys, flavor-injected with buffalo sauce. GOOD STUFF.

Tim cooked? That's all you need to make a party successful... When I get rich I'm gonna have to steal Tim from NG with a ridiculous high payment, so he can cook at my richy-rich parties. Mmm, Tim's burgers...

Wakka wakka

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 15:41:56

Great work agien Tom Fulp giving tablets to well needed and well deserved artists Congradulations WX

Federation Of Russia

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 15:59:15

Congrats

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 16:32:26

At 12/7/08 11:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: It snowed a little yesterday so it's starting to finally feel like winter.

Time to put up the Winter theme for the site, then?

Tim deep fried two turkeys, flavor-injected with buffalo sauce. GOOD STUFF.

From what I keep hearing, he's a good cook!

Today's daily Wacom tablet winner is Wei Xing, aka WX!

Yay, I've loved his Counter Strike movies for years!

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 17:26:33

At 12/7/08 11:32 AM, Luis wrote: I dont really care for stick animators... so i hope this tablet encourages him to persue non stick animation. Congrats.

god willing

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 18:23:42

I can't believe WX didn't already have a tablet. can't wait to see what he does after he actually has one.

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 18:38:21

At 12/7/08 01:51 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 12/7/08 11:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: He followed up with the insanely popular DE series, with these insanely popular movies:
Worst sentence structure in a news post ever.

WTF I actually fixed that and had some other edits to that post, but I must have never re-copied the final version and intead posted the rough test post... WHOOPS.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 18:47:42

At 12/7/08 02:49 PM, bkdude wrote: Aspiring Artists + Newgrounds = Newgrounds realizes talent = potential for ad profit

Newgrounds + Tablets + Aspiring Artists = Artists make higher-quality work for Newgrounds = $$$

Its a marketing scheme, and in WX's case, a petty "thank you for the 2 million+ views for your de_dust Flashes alone!"

That's a really cynical and shitty way to look at something that is truly meant to inspire and motivate people. And while these tablets will help move NG forward in a more positive direction, the return won't be nearly as profitable as a million easier things we could do to make money. If it was about money at this point I would have already sold NG and retired, because I've had plenty of opportunities and it's more money than I'll ever make running this site in my lifetime.

Also these Wacom tablets were paid for by Castle Crashers this year, so running your ad blocker won't stop me from giving them away. Dipshit.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 18:49:55

I love WX work.

Anyways, CONGRATZ!

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 19:20:46

At 12/7/08 06:47 PM, TomFulp wrote: Also these Wacom tablets were paid for by Castle Crashers this year, so running your ad blocker won't stop me from giving them away. Dipshit.

Lmao. Nice, Tom. Very nice.

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 20:16:56

At 12/7/08 06:47 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Also these Wacom tablets were paid for by Castle Crashers this year, so running your ad blocker won't stop me from giving them away. Dipshit.

Stick it to em Tom! Oh, and congrats WX! I freaking loved your cs movies, as did all my friends! Can't wait for DE_Dust 3 !!!!

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 20:21:02

At 12/7/08 11:18 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Tim deep fried two turkeys, flavor-injected with buffalo sauce. GOOD STUFF.

Good ol tim. ^^

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 20:33:28

youre the best fulp and WX xD awesome name

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 21:16:06

Congrats!

I love the DE series.

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 21:44:57

Oh nice, his stuff is good. Congrats man.

[As Main][The Zelda Collab]

I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Shit)

BBS Signature

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-07 23:40:21

Very deserving

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-08 00:09:20

At 12/7/08 11:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: WX has had a huge following for his Counter-Strike stick movies, which all started with these two in 2003:

Holy shit, I love those movies. Congrats WX.

int experience, posts;

while(experience/10 >= posts)

{posts++};

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-08 00:16:02

At 12/7/08 06:47 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Yes, but it will save me a heck of a lot of eyesore. I love Opera's "blocked domain" system. All I have to do is update my list every so-often with new addresses.

Good Day.

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-08 02:35:22

@ some folks:

Ain't nothin' wrong with stick figures.

In WX's case if he can tell a clear story and make you laugh, it doesn't matter how complicated the design of his characters are.
People have different goals when they make animations.
Some are storytellers, some are comedians, and some make the best looking animations possible.

And they all deserve time-saving/art-improving tablets! :)

Response to Wacom 17: WX 2008-12-08 07:42:12

This is one of my favorite authors!

Kudos WeiXing!

Gongxi ni!