00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds

9,263 Views | 81 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-04 17:07:01

CONTEST ENDS December 24th (Merry Christmas ya basturds!) 2008 11:59:59 PM NEWGROUNDS TIME
PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT CONTEST ENTRIES HERE, ALL RELEVANT DISCUSSION SHOULD GO INTO THE DISCUSSION THREAD!

DID EVERYBODY CATCH THE ABOVE 2?!

Welcome to the

Monthly Audio Contest 2008 - December Claiming New Grounds!.

Claiming New Grounds!?

Where do you get these fruity names?

This month's contest is about that feeling you get at New Years, that desire to do better, to make change, to set a goal and achieve it. You WILL stop smoking, you WILL stop punching bunnies and small children when nobody is looking. You WILL conquer all these little things that make you the lesser ideal you.

Because this is going to lead to a lot of confusion regarding what kind of song we want you to make this time, i'm going to spell it out for you.

Euphoric (OMG TRANCE PEPLES CALM DOWN!). Excited, determined, empowered. Think to yourself "While i'm standing there swearing to change myself, what kind of music would I want in the background motivating me!?" What kind of theme would you want to play behind you as you firmly decide this was your year! THIS was the very second in which EVERYTHING changes for you. The very point of pivot for which all begins to shine again!

No, Rocky covers are not allowed.

Evar.

About the Contest this month
- You are allowed to submit 2 pieces of music to be judged. We ask that you do not throw in any more this time.

- You are NOT ALLOWED to submit old pieces of music to this, or any other future MAC (unless we have a nostalgic MAC, not happening soon).

Only entries made for the MAC can deserve to earn from it.

Awards
The awards will be different this time around. Instead of offering different states of prizes (ie, you get either $100, or $50 bucks, and $50 worth of NG gear) we are introducing X credits.

This means if you win 200 credits, you can say "I want this shirt, this keychain, this DVD, and the rest of the credits in money". So We simply take away however much the shirt/keychain and DVD are from the credit pile and you get what's left over. We strongly encourage supporting fellow artists by taking home a DVD or shirt.

1st) 200 Credits
2nd) 150 Credits
3rd) 100 Credits
4th) 50 Credits

5th - 10th) mockery... cruel CRUEL mockery.

- Front Page Spots for the top four songs!
- With the addition of Revenue Split between artists and musicians a great entry can look to earning a bit extra then what we give here by the exposure they gain!

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-04 17:09:50

Entering the Contest, Basic Rules
1 - Check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the NGAP. If you still are unsure what's OK to upload and what's not, check this thread. Basically, you must not submit material that include samples you have no copyright/permission to use.

2 - Make a song according to these rules! FO SHO!

3 - Submit the song to the NG Audio Portal.

4 - Go to this thread and post a link to your songpage. Thanks to the new forum code all you need to do now is copy paste the link into your browser, and NG will automatically turn it into a link to click.

5 - Rig wins, everybody else is honorable mentions.

6 - Do not break any of the rules stated in this thread. If you intend on submitting with different profiles, notify Maestrorage about this. If we find out that you break the rules, you risk being disqualified from this contest. Depending on how serious your actions are, you might get banned from the contest for some time. Basic BBS rules apply in this thread too, of course. If there are posts that are irrelevant for the contest/spam, a moderator will clean it up. This mean your post(s) might get deleted, and you risk getting banned from the NG BBS. All according to the BBS rules and the forum specific Audio Forum rules.

7 - You should have your submission signed up for the contest in this thread by 24th of December. If you cannot post for one reason or another, PM or e-mail MaestroRage enter a valid reason why you can't do it yourself, and we'll see to it that your contest entry is in. To make it even clearer; - No submissions will be accepted when December 24th is up.
:Unless we extend the deadline, which is rare.

8 - It is now possible to update songs one have submitted to the contest, and it is allowed to do so. However, when the deadline rears its head, no more updates are allowed. The songs will be downloaded by this time, and distributed amongst the judges (or if they choose to download the songs themselves) to avoid the risk of somone updating the song post deadline.

9 10 finalist songs at the end of the day!

10 - LOL (ROFL'S IS NOT ALLOWED)
10.a - LMAO (LOL is a necessary first action)
10.a.b - GG (a LMAO on your behalf must be credited)
10.a.b.1 - WTF (A GG must be encountered)

Extra notes

- The judging will be done similiar to prevous MAC's, nobody escapes alive. A new judging system was meant to be implimented in this run but I am still unconfident that it will work so I will mull over it another month. Hell I might mull over it forever.

- Rules, guidelines and other things that this contest may change as time goes by. If anything changes, you will find out by staying updated to this thread.

- If you have any bright ideas for future MACs, don't be shy to PM Maestrorage

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-04 17:12:21

MAC8 - December Crewmembers and their function.
MaestroRage - Chief Judge, creator of the judging system. Likes to insult mothers.
DarKsidE555 - Listmaster, updates the list of new submissions with new entries since the previous update marked.
TomFulp - Provides the awards along with creating/managing this website, newgrounds.com.
Rucklo - Honorary Mascot on Haitus, will return to us one day as manager :'(

Positions Available for upcoming MAC's
Judges - We're always looking for good judges
By good I mean dependable and with some musical credit to their name. If your music experience is limited to open Magix Music Maker wait a couple more years before applying.

Co Chief Judge I don't want to run this whole show by myself, I would like to have people who are interested in being a chief judge pm me. BE AWARE. Being a chief judge means you will help judge the entries and this entails you will not be able to participate until a new system is devised. So you will be giving up your right to win anything though not your right to compete of course. So please, before you jump on board going "I WANT TO BE A CO-CHIEF!" realize what that means exactly.
Previous Audio Contest in the Audio Forum
MAC8 - Flight in Freedom
MAC8 - Trembling Madness
MAC8 - Sorrowed Tears
MAC8 - Music to Motion
MAC8 - Pico Punchout!
MAC8 - Feb/March Pillars of Pico!

MAC7 - December 8-bit Christmas
MAC7 - November DnB / Ambient
MAC7 - June CASTLE CRASHERS theme.
MAC7 - July REDESIGN, FRONTPAGE THEME!
MAC7 - March (+April) PICO LOOP theme.
MAC7 - February PICO TREASURE HUNT!

Mrac06 - December
Mrac06 - November
MAC6 - October X-MAS theme
MAC6 - August TANKMEN theme
MAC6 - July OPEN CONTEST

Heaviest riff ever competition! (2006)
March Contest (2006)
Battle of the Audio Portal (2005)

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-04 18:04:48

there appears to be some confusion. My fault.

The Co-Chief position is NOT a one time thing. If you want the title you are free to apply for it, but that title entails you are willing to help throughout a significant portion of the MAC's ongoing cycles. As in you will be a co-chief potentially for a loooong time, which means you will be held responsible to help keep things rolling and you are making the commitment that you WILL carry through until the end. If you want to help judge every once in a while, then be a normal judge, that is also greatly appreciated :D!

So please consider what you are asking before you ask it.

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-08 08:14:50

Link to DISCUSSION THREAD! USE IT! >: (

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1001 833

cock ass ballz!

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-10 02:08:33

a

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-11 21:28:17

My entry for the contest.

Good luck everyone!

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-12 05:13:58

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-13 04:47:34

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-13 07:33:36

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-14 17:28:35

Everybody's posting there electronic Drum and Bass, so here I am to spoil it.

I made this song at 2 in the morning (I have some sleeping disorder see.) It's kind of a journey (in lack of better phrase.) There are lots of sections, so you keep starting something new, and then moving on (like a failed new years resolution.) But by the end everything's the same again, but you can't help but feel you've been through a lot.

And that NG is why I should win.

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-14 17:37:52

The sample comes from Batman Beyond. If it's a problem, let me know and i'll remove it.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-14 18:53:06

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-14 21:41:02

Seeing that I can post two songs i post this one:

I am completely out of creative juices and running on empty... out of frustration tonight i just rewrote this one. I am ashamed of myself. Cruel Mockery for me from the get go.

If you have never heard any of my other music, i guess its not that bad. Man i wasn't even going to submit this, but then i got like six 5's on it within a minute... i'm just sick of myself... becoming all basshunterish in here.

Audio Surgery

I got my wisdom teeth fing pulled

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-15 03:49:40

This song is my entry to this stupid contest. I warmed up my fake analog sitar synth and rocked out on it... I hope to change my attitude this year....

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-15 20:28:03

: This month's contest is about that feeling you get at New Years, that desire to do better, to make change, to set a goal and achieve it. You WILL stop smoking, you WILL stop punching bunnies and small children when nobody is looking. You WILL conquer all these little things that make you the lesser ideal you.

I WILL not. I felt that the subject matter of this song needed some explanation as to how it fits into this contest; the fact is just that I don't feel ready for another year at all, reliving the past within myself that I can't let go.

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-16 15:06:07

Audio Surgery

I got my wisdom teeth fing pulled

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-16 16:28:50

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-16 17:32:33

My Newyears wishes,

Get whatever makes you happy, wheither thats money, love, family ,friends , carrier. Achief
what is important for yourself, cause you only live once. ( unless you're a hindu )

My promise for the next year, to go with this song,
is to live a bit more by heart, and a bit less thinking.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-16 20:19:56

This is my first time entering the MAC8 so im kinda excited about this!
Here my submission

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-17 04:34:15

My entry =).
I really think i have a good chance on this one ;).

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-17 10:30:51

... :D

If that doesn't get you euphorically happy, there's something goddamn wrong with you.

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-17 16:58:26

Well here my second submision this song just makes me so happy for some reason i cant explain!

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-17 19:56:02

At 12/17/08 05:16 PM, Bjra wrote: hello gentlemen

Hey

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-17 20:26:26

BOUNCE

I made house. I've never made house. Check it.

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-17 21:15:28

Lethargy

Sorry for the double post, I wasn't expecting to put this one up right after the fist one, but I did. Deal with it.

Second entry to the MAC, because I'd just feel silly if I didn't throw a trancy song in there.

It's pretty minimalist compared to most of the trance on NG though.

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-17 23:22:39

Finally Done!!! W0000ttt!!!!

I still want to add vocals.. but those may come a lil ways down the road.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-18 12:57:38

quarl BandCamp

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-18 21:47:33

Salvation (Original Mix)

Thanks to that hacker, I have to resubmit this. So thank you SBB, if you delete my old link from the one with Neodrummer and have this one as the new one.

Response to Mac8 - Dec Claiming New Grounds 2008-12-19 02:02:40

BBS Signature