00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

College Life Club

103,521 Views | 1,047 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-20 14:33:35

I've always made a habit of scheduling the least amount of classes on Tue/Thurs since they almost 2hrs long and my attention span is only an hour long.

I've only had one class at 7:30 in the morning, Chemistry; it was in my freshmen year and I never made that same mistake again.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-20 22:52:44

At 1/20/09 09:31 AM, Corky52 wrote: I have class at 8 everyday except on Fridays. I had a really hard time waking up this morning as you can imagine my sleeping habit really changed for the long weekend that we had. I ended up getting up around 7:30 though. I love how I get up and blame my girlfriend for not waking me up. :P Even though she says she tried to wake me up several times, which I do believe.

I did wake you up a bunch of times, you just stayed up to late to have the energy to wake up. :P

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-21 00:22:49

The misses setting the record straight. hahaha

I kid, of course.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-21 05:05:05

Just went to the wrong English lecture (timetable change-arounds each term FTW), so instead of trying to find the right one, I went to my friends' Psychology lecture for an hour. Took some notes, learned about receptors, ion channels, neurotransmitters, hormones, etc etc. Was actually quite fun... but probably only because it was a one-off thing. If I had to do that every week I might cry.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-21 05:48:16

At 1/21/09 05:05 AM, NEVR wrote: so instead of trying to find the right one, I went to my friends' Psychology lecture for an hour.

Heh, I once attended a Sociology lecture because I had some hours (yes, hours!) to waste. And it was so boring that I infact did weep inside...

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-21 05:56:42

At 1/21/09 05:48 AM, Haggard wrote: Heh, I once attended a Sociology lecture because I had some hours (yes, hours!) to waste. And it was so boring that I infact did weep inside...

Haha, ouch.

I quite enjoyed the lecture that I went to, aside from the fact that my friends who actually do psychology said that it was one of the more tedious lectures. It's always nice to learn something new though, especially when it's just a complete change of scenery from what you normally learn.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-21 12:24:51

At 1/20/09 10:52 PM, FroFro52 wrote:
I did wake you up a bunch of times, you just stayed up to late to have the energy to wake up. :P

Yeah, I did I know. I stayed up late again last night (early if you think about it since it was in the morning), but I didn't do that by choice this time. I just really couldn't fall to sleep. The thing was when I woke up I was perfectly fine. I wasn't tired or anything. Hopefully getting back into the lifting weights and working out thing several times a week will help me sleep at night.

Next semester I need to schedule some things a little bit better. I'm sick of having classes at 8 in the morning. I either need to schedule it so I have Tuesday and Thursday off or make it so I just have later classes. I can't stand waking up every single day like that. Even though I'm going to have to do it for the major I'm going for.

At 1/21/09 12:22 AM, reverend wrote: The misses setting the record straight. hahaha

I kid, of course.

Ha, don't kid. I wouldn't know where, when, how, or what if she didn't organize me.

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-21 16:18:27

So after a long anxious wait, i finally received an offer to go to university. I'll be doing a Bachelor of Business and Commerce majoring in Property.

doubt theres anybody else here that would be going to UWS or know of it here, but thats where im off to.

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-21 18:23:16

Today sucked balls. It's my second day of school in my second semester and Wednesday will be terrible. I have two 3-4 hour classes and 2 1hour classes, and now I'm just completely exhausted. I will be looking forward to the other days though.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-21 21:26:42

At 1/21/09 12:24 PM, Corky52 wrote: Next semester I need to schedule some things a little bit better. I'm sick of having classes at 8 in the morning. I either need to schedule it so I have Tuesday and Thursday off or make it so I just have later classes. I can't stand waking up every single day like that. Even though I'm going to have to do it for the major I'm going for.

Yeah, you'll also be able to register earlier so we won't have to rush around picking classes that start early since everything you wanted was full.

At 1/21/09 12:22 AM, reverend wrote: The misses setting the record straight. hahaha

I kid, of course.
Ha, don't kid. I wouldn't know where, when, how, or what if she didn't organize me.

That's very true. I'd really hate to see what you would do without me doing all that for you.

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-22 09:48:04

At 1/21/09 09:26 PM, FroFro52 wrote:
Yeah, you'll also be able to register earlier so we won't have to rush around picking classes that start early since everything you wanted was full.

Very true. I didn't think about that. I forgot since I will be a Junior this upcoming year that I get to make my class picks before the freshman and sophomores. That'll be nice since I basically get the first pick since the seniors all have the same schedule and everything. Hopefully we can at least plan two days where I don't have to wake up early.

That's very true. I'd really hate to see what you would do without me doing all that for you.

I'd do it. It would just be done the night before like I do for most of my things.

Anyway, I had my first exam today. I received an 88% on it. I liked that he gave us the test part back (not the part with the answers) so we could check what grade that we had. That's right around where I want my grade in the class to be since I think that will probably be my hardest or second hardest class this semester.

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-22 13:07:13

Finally got my results back from my first semester, and found that all my worries (particularly with regard to my Biology module) were for nothing. Turns out I managed an A in all of them, and have a QCA of 4.0. I was so shocked I actually checked the website again a few hours later to make sure there hadn't been an error when the results were uploaded.

I'm finally back this Monday, and I'm hoping I'll be able to do as well this semester as I did last semester.

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-23 14:51:41

At 1/22/09 09:48 AM, Corky52 wrote: Anyway, I had my first exam today. I received an 88% on it. I liked that he gave us the test part back (not the part with the answers) so we could check what grade that we had. ....

Exams already? What week of school is it for you?

At 1/22/09 01:07 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Finally got my results back from my first semester, and found that all my worries . . . were for nothing. Turns out I managed an A in all of them, and have a QCA of 4.0. I was so shocked . . .

Usually it was the other way for me. Typically, I'd find every possible way to not get an A even in the easiest of classes.

Anyways, has anybody taken the GRE or the GMAT? What is it like and how do you go about taking it. I still want to go to Grad school, eventually, so I might as well look into it.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-23 18:46:22

At 1/23/09 02:51 PM, reverend wrote:
At 1/22/09 09:48 AM, Corky52 wrote: Anyway, I had my first exam today. I received an 88% on it. I liked that he gave us the test part back (not the part with the answers) so we could check what grade that we had. ....

Heh, my examns start in 3 weeks... but I'm at the end of the semester right now, so nothing unusual there. ^^

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-24 10:50:21

At 1/23/09 02:51 PM, reverend wrote:

Only my second week. Perhaps I used the term exam too broadly here since all of the teachers call tests exams. There isn't a test exactly. So we have quizzes and exams cover everything that would be considered a test and up.

I do have several quizzes Monday though so tonight and tomorrow are going to consist of some studying. I need to start off on the right track.

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-24 11:26:27

The BEST thing about my uni is the quiz machine in the corner of the SU bar. most of the time I'll be able to win a little bit of money off of it, which means that I can then go buy DRINKS.

Won £4 today, which is a good 2 drinks. Not much really, but if I win a little bit every time, it soon adds up.

Like I say, best thing ever.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-24 23:34:11

At 1/24/09 11:26 AM, NEVR wrote: The BEST thing about my uni is the quiz machine in the corner of the SU bar. most of the time I'll be able to win a little bit of money off of it, which means that I can then go buy DRINKS.

Won £4 today, which is a good 2 drinks. Not much really, but if I win a little bit every time, it soon adds up.

Like I say, best thing ever.

Ha, it reminds me of Wednesday night Bingo night at my favorite bar, when I was in school. You can win four free beers among other random crap prizes.

The best thing I won was a three foot inflatable monkey and the worst was four cans of SPAM.

Good times.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-26 17:14:54

I recently moved the room around and cleaned it up a little. It seems to get extremely messy very quickly. (And when I say cleaned the room I mean my girlfriend cleaned the room)

I like it though. We moved the futon closer to the TV so we can play PS3 more conveniently while still having the PS2 controllers reach the futon. We moved the bunk bed from the middle of the room against one of the wall so we have a large open space when we walk in now.

I'm thinking that I want to invest in some bed risers so I can stick my desk and other things under my bed. Perhaps the futon under the bed or something. That and we need some sort of rug for people to wipe their feet on. I'm sick of having to clean the mud/water off of the floor every time I walk into the room.

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-28 08:20:57

I was almost upset that we didn't have a cancellation of class today because of the wheather. We did manage to get a 2 hour delay, which shortens all of our classes. I kept having this nasty dream that I checked the computer again and it said school was closed, but I would then open my eyes for a slipt second and notice that I was still in bed.

It isn't too bad though since two out of four of my classes canceled their class already today. :P There was even a quiz I had no clue about that got moved back to another day. There is still a lot of time so I might get my later class canceled too, but just two classes doesn't bother me that much.

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-29 23:34:38

At 1/29/09 01:07 PM, JKMonkey wrote:
i didnt even get a 2 hr. delay, i had to get up at 5:30 AM to be at my college by 6:15 AM to take my Euro. Lit. and AP History semester finals.

Ouch. I can't imagine having to wake up that early to go to class. It almost makes me not feel so bad about having to get up around 6:30. Was the weather bad where you lived?

It wasn't the best where I live, but it was manageable. A lot of slush on the roads and things like that, but I've went to class in worse weather.

i hope i did good on them *crosses fingers*

Do you know how you did yet?

Response to College Life Club 2009-01-30 22:04:43

At 1/30/09 08:02 PM, JKMonkey wrote:
At 1/29/09 11:34 PM, Corky52 wrote:

Ouch. I can't imagine having to wake up that early to go to class. It almost makes me not feel so bad about having to get up around 6:30. Was the weather bad where you lived?
they never cancel classes in a big city like Boston (where i live),

Apparently they rarely cancel class where I go too. (Lock Haven) They do use 2 hour delays quite a bit though. My one teacher was talking about it today and they said the reason behind this is because the college loses money when they cancel class, but if they use a 2 hour delay they still get the money and most of the teachers cancel their classes anyway.

and this morning i took my Journalism and Creative Writing final, which took me from 6:30 AM to noon, becuae i had to write like 5 essays in a different writing style for CW, and then in Journalism, they gave us little snipets of information about something and we had to write an article about it, which took a while to even find out what the snipets were about.

Yeah, I know how hard tests like that can be. But finals already? The semester just started for me. I couldn't imagine having finals already. Did you start earlier?

``````````

This weekend was the first weekend that I went home so far this year. I have to teach my girlfriends sister a math class because she is home schooled. This is great practice for my teaching at a school.

The good thing is that it counts towards hours of my observation that I have to do. I can count it up to 20 out of the 80 hours that I have to complete.

Response to College Life Club 2009-02-01 01:08:30

Well, they're turning off the water in my halls tomorrow(today) between 9am and 4pm, because that's the most convenient time for us to have NO WATER WHATSOEVER.

I plan to get around this lack of water by still being up now, at 6am.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-02-01 13:48:41

At 2/1/09 01:03 PM, JKMonkey wrote:
At 2/1/09 01:08 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Well, they're turning off the water in my halls tomorrow(today) between 9am and 4pm, because that's the most convenient time for us to have NO WATER WHATSOEVER.

I plan to get around this lack of water by still being up now, at 6am.
wow, that sucks, so you cant even take a shower or flush your toilet or anything?

Yeah, they did that to us a couple of times in my old dorm. They would just shut all of the power off so we wouldn't have anything for awhile. So of course the toilets work, but only for one time and nothing else is going to work.

I remember when my entire town was in a drought warning and if we ran out of water they were going to have us go back home for the semester and they would have to pass everyone just to be fair and everything. Every time I went to the bathroom you better believe people had sinks and showers turned on without anyone using them.

Response to College Life Club 2009-02-01 17:59:34

You get to chose your dorms, and there's nothing stopping you getting your own privately rented accomodation, (which the vast majority of people do in 2nd and 3rd year anyway), but I wouldn't trade these halls for the world. It's great fun, gets you immersed and settled into student life a lot better than if you were in regular flats, and is good times.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-02-01 18:25:21

I have five flatmates (two other guys, three girls, so a 50/50 split). We all have en-suites, and share a kitchen. (In some dorms though, you don't get en-suite bathrooms, depends what ones you go for).

And you get no choice about who you're in a flat with other than what block of flats or whatever you're in.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-02-01 20:05:17

Yeah.

Even if you don't though, you don't have to interact with them. Mine are nice enough, but I spend most of my time with my course-mates, and I've already signed a contract for a flat for next year with three of my friends from the course, and they've all done the same. I also have friends who've signed flats next year with their current flatmates......

s'all luck.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-02-01 20:17:03

What do you guys think of ending up going to the same college as two of your friends? I'm going to Edinboro and two of my friends are applying too...

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-02-01 20:31:16

I'm in the same Uni as a couple of my old school friends, but I barely talk to them, only if I bump into them. They certainly didn't even begin to factor into my decision when choosing my uni.

BBS Signature

Response to College Life Club 2009-02-01 20:47:25

At 2/1/09 08:17 PM, ixintro wrote: What do you guys think of ending up going to the same college as two of your friends? I'm going to Edinboro and two of my friends are applying too...

Hey why don't you come on over here to Lock Haven with some of your other friends? Ha, well just because we met before doesn't mean we're friends, but you know what I mean. My roommate was also at the computer fair where we met.

So yeah, I went to college with my friend last year and we ended up not liking each other anymore. I then roomed with another friend from school, but he dropped out of college. I'm now a roommate with a third friend from college and so far everything's been great.

There's a bunch of kids at my college that I went to high school with. I just don't see many of them too much.

Response to College Life Club 2009-02-01 23:29:52

At 2/1/09 08:17 PM, ixintro wrote: What do you guys think of ending up going to the same college as two of your friends? I'm going to Edinboro and two of my friends are applying too...

I graduated from a small High School so there was few people that I knew that I went to college with but I did see them around from time to time. Typically, you tend to hang out more with people who you share the same major/classes or extra curricular activities (Frats, clubs, etc) with.

BBS Signature