Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-19 13:18:33 Reply

Ugh... I have an essay about the current stereotype of "beauty."

Luckly, i have you guys to keep my occupied.

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!
REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-19 15:33:10 Reply

At 9/19/11 01:18 PM, Finalfina wrote: Ugh... I have an essay about the current stereotype of "beauty."

I have an essay to write about the history of logic. It doesn't seem like something that would have a history you could easily write about and I don't really see how it's relevant to what I'm doing anyway, but whatever, I've got to do it.

I've not had to write an essay for a long time, seeing as this is a computer science degree so it's probably going to be hard to get back into. Only 1000 words required though, although I can't even think how many pages that would take me.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-19 15:55:45 Reply

At 9/19/11 03:33 PM, Dean wrote:
I've not had to write an essay for a long time, seeing as this is a computer science degree so it's probably going to be hard to get back into. Only 1000 words required though, although I can't even think how many pages that would take me.

Well, if its double spaced, i believe it will be four pages. Maybe four and a half. Thats cool that you are a CS major. Im doing Human Bio.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-19 20:46:16 Reply

Things in college that piss me off: When a professor tells me that I should've talked to them earlier about review for a test during class when I emailed them over the weekend in advanced to avoid rushing them. It's like they don't even read what I'm sending to them.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-19 20:58:57 Reply

At 9/19/11 08:46 PM, ZJ wrote: Things in college that piss me off: When a professor tells me that I should've talked to them earlier about review for a test during class when I emailed them over the weekend in advanced to avoid rushing them. It's like they don't even read what I'm sending to them.

Ugh... i hate when this happens... Then they start saying things like, "you know my office hours, why didnt you just come to me then?" Then i say, "Because i had a fuckin class you dolt..." I definitely feel for you on this one bro...

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-20 08:01:15 Reply

At 9/16/11 05:03 PM, Haggard wrote: Maybe next semester I can finally start with my diploma thesis.

So, yesterday I had a small conversation with a guy who offers to review the diploma thesis. I applyed for the topic "alternatives to domain name systems", which seems to be quite interesting. Now I only have to get all the paperwork done and I guess I can start writing the thesis in october. :)

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-20 12:22:15 Reply

At 9/20/11 06:33 AM, Ejit wrote: NO!

I just started getting nervous for the first time, I go to uni on Friday. I'm a bit anxious about house mates and I'm not yet sure whether I'm sharing a room or not.

I don't know any universities in the UK that have shared rooms. You might share a toilet, and you'll definitely share a kitchen, but you'll have your own room.

I'm not looking forward to the desperately social types trying to make friends with everyone, I guess because I'm not the sort to make such an obvious effort, I just feel self conscious and a little bit pathetic. Of course I want to make friends, especially in my house but I really don't enjoy all the introductions and awkward small talk. "Hey, I'm Jack. What's your course? Cool! Where do you live? I live near there - cool!"

There's no obligation to be insanely social. I went out with friends at MOST once a week. Some people will go out every night, especially early on, but I couldn't think of anything worse.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-20 12:41:44 Reply

At 9/20/11 06:33 AM, Ejit wrote: I guess I'm looking forward to it though.

Is it your first year? There's so many people around it's impossible to not make friends.

At 9/20/11 12:22 PM, TheMaster wrote: I don't know any universities in the UK that have shared rooms. You might share a toilet, and you'll definitely share a kitchen, but you'll have your own room.

I had to share a room in first year. Was a lot more bearable than I thought it'd be, though.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-20 15:28:31 Reply

At 9/20/11 08:01 AM, Haggard wrote: I applyed for the topic "alternatives to domain name systems", which seems to be quite interesting.

Interesting alright but I'd have no idea where to begin with that.

For my artificial intelligence module we have to go a presentation in a few weeks, but we don't get to choose who is in our presentation groups. We just have to pick three titles that we wouldn't mind doing and then the lecturer will group people based on their preferences. I hate giving presentation, and because it's a class of around 60 people, I am shitting it.

As for you Ejit, I guess moving 350 miles away or whatever it was would be a little daunting but you'll be alright. You'll always have me :3

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Writer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-21 07:22:33 Reply

At 9/20/11 03:28 PM, Dean wrote:
At 9/20/11 08:01 AM, Haggard wrote: I applyed for the topic "alternatives to domain name systems", which seems to be quite interesting.
Interesting alright but I'd have no idea where to begin with that.

Easy enough with a history of the current DNS system. ^^
Also, there's plenty of source material and then, one thing leads to another. It's not that I have to implement something myself, I just have to give some kind of overview over the current status quo and state my opinion to the alternatives.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-21 19:21:50 Reply

I'm just sittin here...... waiting for my Calc class to start... I hate the professor for this course. I know that i knew the material for the first few chapters. We take a chapter test and what happens? I get a 30/50. I know that is completely wrong. I knew the material. Hell, i even STUDIED! I plan on bringing it up at some point after or during class. Turns out a lot of people got severely low scores...

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-21 21:12:13 Reply

Anyone in the UK ever actually buy an NUS Extra card? My uni seems to really be pushing them this year. Got a bunch of shit through the door today about the freshers/refreshers week and almost every bit of paper in the envelope had something about them on it. I've never come across a single situation where student discount is offered that I've not been granted with just my uni ID card.

BBS Signature
ngfan14
ngfan14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-21 21:46:16 Reply

At 9/20/11 12:22 PM, TheMaster wrote: I don't know any universities in the UK that have shared rooms. You might share a toilet, and you'll definitely share a kitchen, but you'll have your own room.

Universities in the UK don't share rooms? That sounds kind of lame. Everyone that I've talked to at my university that has a single room complains about it being boring. I guess it's cool since you can do whatever you want to your room but it just doesn't seem as fun.

Last.FM | I like comments. :3 | Awesome sig made by Life-Stream

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-21 22:06:39 Reply

At 9/21/11 09:46 PM, ngfan14 wrote:
Universities in the UK don't share rooms? That sounds kind of lame. Everyone that I've talked to at my university that has a single room complains about it being boring. I guess it's cool since you can do whatever you want to your room but it just doesn't seem as fun.

It's not like you can't leave your room, it's not a prison (although there was a running joke that the rooms in the old block of my college were smaller than a standard prison cell). I can't think of anything worse than having to share a room. I hated sharing a hallway and kitchen with people, don't know what the fuck I'd have done if I had to share a room too.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-21 23:27:07 Reply

Hahaha. The dudes in my residence hall are funny guys.

College Life Club

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-23 00:53:20 Reply

So i get to go to Six Flags tomorrow with the Gay-Straight Alliance at my college! It's gunna be a shit load of fun!

Are any of you in various clubs?

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-23 03:50:34 Reply

At 9/23/11 12:53 AM, Finalfina wrote: So i get to go to Six Flags tomorrow with the Gay-Straight Alliance at my college! It's gunna be a shit load of fun!

I'm currently involved with my school's gaming club and Japanese culture club. I'm also a member of the table tennis team and dodgeball team. So, yeah, I'm getting around.

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-23 10:01:30 Reply

I don't think I ever actually joined any clubs or societies. They seemed to have a high presence early on in the year when they were trying to attract new members, but now I never hear anyone talk about most of the societies that I originally saw. Perhaps they do still exist but I never spend much time in the student union building which probably explains why I never hear of them now.

Taking Monday and Tuesday off this coming week due to a couple of my lectures being cancelled. I've only been back 2 weeks and already had 3 days off.

BBS Signature
ngfan14
ngfan14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-24 02:22:51 Reply

At 9/21/11 11:27 PM, ZJ wrote: Hahaha. The dudes in my residence hall are funny guys.

They call you ZJ?

At 9/23/11 12:53 AM, Finalfina wrote: So i get to go to Six Flags tomorrow with the Gay-Straight Alliance at my college! It's gunna be a shit load of fun!

Gay-Straight Alliance? Is that exactly like it sounds? Well it sounds like a cool club. I wouldn't mind joining a club like that but I wouldn't have time to get involved in it. Have fun at Six Flags. :)

I'm currently in the running club. I just love running and it's great since I don't actually have to show up to any of the club meetings/runs but they still consider me a part of it.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-24 04:14:11 Reply

At 9/24/11 02:22 AM, ngfan14 wrote:
At 9/21/11 11:27 PM, ZJ wrote: Hahaha. The dudes in my residence hall are funny guys.
They call you ZJ?

A lot of people do. The name originated in the real world when my friends started calling me by my initials. "ZJ" is short for Zach Jones.

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-24 16:16:16 Reply

I'm supposed to be packing since I move in tomorrow but I don't actually know what I should bring.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-24 16:19:05 Reply

At 9/24/11 04:16 PM, SomaGuye wrote: I'm supposed to be packing since I move in tomorrow but I don't actually know what I should bring.

Pot Noodles and a kettle?

BBS Signature
SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-24 17:42:30 Reply

At 9/24/11 04:19 PM, Dean wrote:
At 9/24/11 04:16 PM, SomaGuye wrote: I'm supposed to be packing since I move in tomorrow but I don't actually know what I should bring.

We aren't allowed kettles or any cooking equipment in our room. Not even a fridge :(

ngfan14
ngfan14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-25 03:58:17 Reply

So for the past hour I've been in my dorm room with three other people and we've all been on our laptops doing different things with music playing quietly. It's quite relaxing and just amazing to be able to relax with people around. I love college. :)

At 9/24/11 05:42 PM, SomaGuye wrote:
At 9/24/11 04:19 PM, Dean wrote:
We aren't allowed kettles or any cooking equipment in our room. Not even a fridge :(

Wow, that's horrible. We're only allowed either a fridge or a microwave (not both) or something that is both in one thing but you can to get it from the school and it kind of seems like a huge ripoff. My roommates and I have a fridge and I'm sure it would suck without it.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-25 13:12:03 Reply

How many of you guys have been to home football games? I went to my first one yesterday and it ended in my team getting its ass kicked by a conference opponent. Not pretty. I still liked the experience of being at the game, though.

Sig by Luis - AMA

BBS Signature
ngfan14
ngfan14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-25 23:38:49 Reply

My school sets world records. I was in that game and it was pretty epic. It was kind of hot but really fun.

At 9/25/11 01:12 PM, ZJ wrote: How many of you guys have been to home football games? I went to my first one yesterday and it ended in my team getting its ass kicked by a conference opponent. Not pretty. I still liked the experience of being at the game, though.

My school doesn't have a football team. :( I assume that football games are really exciting since I've seen some college games on tv. But I bet it's not as awesome when your school is losing.

BBS Signature
Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-25 23:50:16 Reply

At 9/25/11 11:38 PM, ngfan14 wrote: My school sets world records. I was in that game and it was pretty epic. It was kind of hot but really fun.

That is so cool!!! I wish my school did something like that!!!

My school doesn't have a football team. :( I assume that football games are really exciting since I've seen some college games on tv. But I bet it's not as awesome when your school is losing.

We don't have a football team either. Last Thursday was the first official sports game on our campus against another college. Women's volleyball. I didn't go, but i heard there was free pizza. If i knew that, i wouldve gone....

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-27 09:52:35 Reply

So I'm finally getting around to writing an essay that's due for Friday. Really wish I got this out the way earlier because it's boring as fuck. Only has to be 1000 words long and I'm at 300 and lost all motivation to continue.

Quite frankly, I never want to hear about Aristotle or the history of logic again. Why do I even need to know this stuff? I'm a computer scientist, not a philosopher/historian.

BBS Signature
bobmarleyguy
bobmarleyguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-27 20:15:08 Reply

At 12/3/08 12:14 PM, NEVR wrote: Yeah, I'll join.

I'm currently attending Brunel University in West London, doing a BA in English Literature. Probably going to do a Law conversion after I graduate too and then train as a lawyer.

Right now I have a piece of coursework and a presentation due for this Friday... so I'm a little swamped as I left it a bit late to start.

/join

Need to get back to work.

OH MY GOD thats my university holyfuckingmotherofshit I love you give me a kiss...have sex with me

I fucking love the "you don't say meme"

Finalfina
Finalfina
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to College Life Club 2011-09-28 00:36:21 Reply

At 9/27/11 09:52 AM, Dean wrote: So I'm finally getting around to writing an essay that's due for Friday. Really wish I got this out the way earlier because it's boring as fuck. Only has to be 1000 words long and I'm at 300 and lost all motivation to continue.

Quite frankly, I never want to hear about Aristotle or the history of logic again. Why do I even need to know this stuff? I'm a computer scientist, not a philosopher/historian.

The same reason why i need to know why beauty from females and raw masculinity are pervading advertisements of the world and are skewing our views on "true beauty." As an aspiring Optometrist, I don't give a ffffuuuuuuccckkkkkk....

BBS Signature