Support NATA 2014
Pacflip
Pacflip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 1st, 2008 @ 07:01 PM Reply

I am trying to use the bone tool with full bodied characters, but as you may know, when I move it, gaps are made, and everything just screws up, and it looks awful. I know that if you use symbols for characters, it works fine. How do I do that?

TJ Stewart

BBS Signature
willobeen
willobeen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 1st, 2008 @ 07:21 PM Reply

the armature tool is complete shit. :/

Pacflip
Pacflip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 1st, 2008 @ 09:03 PM Reply

Exactly my point.

TJ Stewart

BBS Signature
zedd56
zedd56
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 2nd, 2008 @ 12:57 AM Reply

At 12/1/08 10:02 PM, KevnSevn wrote: Draw in sections.

Draw the arms, legs, mid-section, head, neck etc... in sections and convert them to symbols.

No weird glitches.

Or you could try to not be a complete nub and actually animate.
I hate cs4 so much. Back in the days of mx, you'd feel special if you could animate well. Now? Fucking automatic 3-d, motion tweens a monkey could handle, and frigging automatic bone structure tools.

What is the world coming to when computers are doing more animating than the user?

dELtaluca
dELtaluca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 2nd, 2008 @ 05:19 AM Reply

Sorry to play devil's advocate but:

What is it with animators these days! Back in the good ol' days we had to draw each frame of the animation pixel by pixel!! What is the world coming to when the computer does more of the work than the user.

;)

using ShamelessPlug; NapePhysicsEngine.advertise();

BBS Signature
KaynSlamdyke
KaynSlamdyke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 2nd, 2008 @ 05:51 AM Reply

At 12/2/08 05:19 AM, dELtaluca wrote: What is it with animators these days! Back in the good ol' days we had to draw each frame of the animation pixel by pixel!! What is the world coming to when the computer does more of the work than the user.

Computers have been doing more work than the animators since the 90s. Hell, most of the work 'animators' do for the Portal has always been limited animation characterised by Motion Tweens and simple effects.

Stop complaining just because now people can animate stick figures and symbol mannekins without any effort and just produce better artwork.

BBS Signature
warrat
warrat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 2nd, 2008 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 12/1/08 07:21 PM, willobeen wrote: the armature tool is complete shit. :/

1000% hell yeah

This is a girl,and you should go to thank the Creator

BBS Signature
Pacflip
Pacflip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 2nd, 2008 @ 07:21 PM Reply

You know, I think I'll just do that. It does give a better look, I have to admit.
But, as an American, I always go for the easiest, coolest stuff.
But, you are right. I think I'll animate frame by frame.

TJ Stewart

BBS Signature
Mandrew
Mandrew
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 3rd, 2008 @ 03:49 AM Reply

At 12/2/08 05:19 AM, dELtaluca wrote: Sorry to play devil's advocate but:

What is it with animators these days! Back in the good ol' days we had to draw each frame of the animation pixel by pixel!! What is the world coming to when the computer does more of the work than the user.

;)

I feel that the FBF animators are a dying breed? I'm proud to still be a one! Frame-by-frame for life! : D

BBS Signature
xTOXICxEMPIRE
xTOXICxEMPIRE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 3rd, 2008 @ 04:50 AM Reply

At 12/2/08 12:57 AM, zedd56 wrote: Or you could try to not be a complete nub and actually animate.
I hate cs4 so much. Back in the days of mx, you'd feel special if you could animate well. Now? Fucking automatic 3-d, motion tweens a monkey could handle, and frigging automatic bone structure tools.

What is the world coming to when computers are doing more animating than the user?

Oh man, those are my exact fucking feelings. I mean okay, I admit to using tweening sometimes when I need to move an MC from one point to another, or fade out to black, but programs that animate for you? C'mon. Animating meant to be about expressing you creativeness and telling a story, not letting the computer do all the work for you! Animating a film is half the fucking fun!

I still use flash MX 2004, but I'm getting CS3 soon. I hope its not too big of a leap.

My Art Thread! || Flash Reg Lounge! || CTSG Collab! :'( //
"And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun, for the people who are still alive..."

BBS Signature
PaperBagMask
PaperBagMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 3rd, 2008 @ 06:43 AM Reply

What's with all this hate on an update to the software you rely on so much.
I'm not one to use tweens often for it doesn't always achieve a natural result.
I haven't gotten to use the bone's in Flash CS4 yet, or CS4 itself but I'm sure it's a useful feature.
I've been wanting bones in Flash for quite some time for if I did want to make tweenable characters then I wanted them to handle like a 3D character does.
Actually they could implement some featues from 3D software to vastly improve the interface.

WolfAkela
WolfAkela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 3rd, 2008 @ 06:53 AM Reply

At 12/2/08 12:57 AM, zedd56 wrote:
At 12/1/08 10:02 PM, KevnSevn wrote: Draw in sections.

Draw the arms, legs, mid-section, head, neck etc... in sections and convert them to symbols.

No weird glitches.
Or you could try to not be a complete nub and actually animate.

You know... the same could be said for (nearly) everyone here on Newgrounds. "Damn spoiled kids! Back in OUR day we used to painfully draw each frame on a piece of paper (or cel) with real pencils, and if we made a mistake, either we try to erase the best we can or bin the paper. WTF is up with kids abusing Ctrl+Z? WTF!". (Granted traditional animation still lives, but still...)

Frankly I don't see what you should be complaining about. It's technology, it's supposed to make things easier. If you'd be very hard headed about technological advances then stay away from the internet and go back to using transceivers, and stick to the ancient ENIACs. Otherwise, just embrace it.

And just because we have more tools right now, doesn't mean it completely alleviates an artist from doing good artwork. You can have the most expensive software and tools, but you'll still draw shit if you've got the same artistic ability as a Neanderthal. Garbage in, garbage out.

Pacflip
Pacflip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 3rd, 2008 @ 04:01 PM Reply

And look at all the shit that you made.

TJ Stewart

BBS Signature
Pacflip
Pacflip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 3rd, 2008 @ 04:04 PM Reply

Just answer my god damn question. All the "back in my day" bullshit is really tickin' me off.
Flash hasn't been around that long, and for christ sakes, all I want is new technology.
IF someone told me I could have 1 thing or another thing, I'd pick the most advanced one. And, everyone else would. And besides, the way it looks at the end isn't what I'm going for. So, answer my friggin' question, or go away.

TJ Stewart

BBS Signature
Pacflip
Pacflip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 3rd, 2008 @ 04:07 PM Reply

You act like you are all that, but all you can come up with is that bullshit "naughty naughty" video that sucks balls. If you are complaining about your turd of the week score, might want to try getting better technology.

TJ Stewart

BBS Signature
ConAir
ConAir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Adobe Flash CS4 Dec. 3rd, 2008 @ 04:10 PM Reply

No matter what, true animation will always be instantly recognizable. There's no faking that, no matter how many new tools are included in CS4 and beyond.

always behind schedule.

BBS Signature