00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sonic Unleashed

3,372 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-01 18:20:55

I just got it, Now some people here know me has a flaming troll who hates sonic but I got to admit the game is good ( I have the wii version) Its no SAB2 but its a Improvement from the latest crap they have made (Shadow the hedgehog)

But The thing that i wanna know is how long the game is and how the rest of it is. I've barely gotten off the ground in the game yet since i had to charge my wiimote cause it was low but so far it seems good.

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-01 18:27:11

At 12/1/08 06:20 PM, Skygee wrote: I just got it, Now some people here know me has a flaming troll who hates sonic but I got to admit the game is good ( I have the wii version) Its no SAB2 but its a Improvement from the latest crap they have made (Shadow the hedgehog)

But The thing that i wanna know is how long the game is and how the rest of it is. I've barely gotten off the ground in the game yet since i had to charge my wiimote cause it was low but so far it seems good.

I admit, Sonic Unleashed is the greatest game of all time (Sonic fanboy speaking here) but Shadow didn't suck! IT RULED!!! If you want a piece of crap sonic game, try secret rings!

If at first you don't succeed, then you suck.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was Chuck Norris? All of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-01 18:28:56

At 12/1/08 06:20 PM, Skygee wrote: I just got it, Now some people here know me has a flaming troll who hates sonic but I got to admit the game is good ( I have the wii version) Its no SAB2 but its a Improvement from the latest crap they have made (Shadow the hedgehog)

Dumbass.

Shadow the Hedgehog is nowhere near the latest, and latest crap at that.

Try Sonic 06 / Secret Rings.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-01 18:32:31

At 12/1/08 06:28 PM, scetch00 wrote:
Dumbass.

No don't try Sonic 06 are you nuts! That's the worst Sonic game in existence, WORSE than Shadow! Play Secret Rings instead.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-01 18:46:49

Dumbass.

Dumb ass I'm going by order i played them and i played shadow the hedgehog last.

And Sonic 06/Secret Rings Sucked almost has bad has shadow the hedgehog did.
The only thing good about it was Non-Blocky Graphics

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-01 21:18:51

Sonic Unleashed for the Wii is just terrible. Honestly, I couldn't get through it. The horrid Werehog controls, tterrible character models, and broken balance of gameplay just made the entire game crash and burn.

...into a flaming heap of epic fail.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-01 21:39:20

Every Spmoc games after the genesis ones is a fucking pile of crap.

Unleashed looked somehow nice before they replaced Tails with that faggot putple flying thing.

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-01 21:48:16

That game seriously sucked.. almost ever sonic game after the dreamcast has rode the monofail into oblivion...

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-01 21:54:57

IMO, all sonic games that have replace Knuckles with Shadow as the rival went down in value. If sonic can beat Shadow, then Knux can too..which is probably they never fight directly(as in full-on storywise....S. Battle doesn't count)

But anywho, I plan on getting this game, and for the first time ever, I might get this for more than one platform depending on what I see. I heard that the diffrent platformed games are completely diffrent from each other, so I might try most of them out to see myself.

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-02 08:30:26

At 12/2/08 12:42 AM, SilverTheHedgehog wrote:
At 12/1/08 09:48 PM, Cutupangels92 wrote: That game seriously sucked.. almost ever sonic game after the dreamcast has rode the monofail into oblivion...
-_-

I agree not every Sonic game was bad, just ever Sonic game after Heroes with the exception of Secret Rings.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-02 23:07:13

At 12/1/08 09:18 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: Sonic Unleashed for the Wii is just terrible. Honestly, I couldn't get through it. The horrid Werehog controls, tterrible character models, and broken balance of gameplay just made the entire game crash and burn.

It helps to have a fully charged wii mote and a working Censor bar, You need to get your shit fixed because the game works fluently for me. First sonic game i have played in ages where the camera angle doesn't butt fuck you.

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-06 11:59:01

At 12/1/08 06:32 PM, Dragoonwing wrote:
Dumbass.

No don't try Sonic 06 are you nuts! That's the worst Sonic game in existence, WORSE than Shadow! Play Secret Rings instead.

Sonic 06 did NOT suck! The controls were the same as any other Sonic game and the plotholes are there because they story COULDN'T have happened without them!

If at first you don't succeed, then you suck.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was Chuck Norris? All of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-06 23:25:51

This Thread: This sonic game sucks, no that one sucks, no this one sucks go play that one, no all of them fail lulz

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-06 23:44:11

At 12/2/08 11:07 PM, Skygee wrote:
At 12/1/08 09:18 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: Sonic Unleashed for the Wii is just terrible. Honestly, I couldn't get through it. The horrid Werehog controls, tterrible character models, and broken balance of gameplay just made the entire game crash and burn.
It helps to have a fully charged wii mote and a working Censor bar, You need to get your shit fixed because the game works fluently for me. First sonic game i have played in ages where the camera angle doesn't butt fuck you.

I had a Wii Remote with full power, and a sensor bar that works fine with every other game I have. True, the camera was better, but that doesn't even come close to making up for the unimaginative story, horrid human models, annoying voice acting, lackluster music, awkward controls, uneven pace, no lock-on, monotonus enemies, and Chip.

But now I'm just nit-picking. Wait, no.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-06 23:52:17

At 12/6/08 11:34 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
Chip doesn't even follow you. He floats at the place you start running from, then you're on your own.

Bawwwwwwww

That wasnt my point, it could have been tails, but nooooo it must another faggy thing with a dark and misterious past.

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 00:37:36

At 12/7/08 12:08 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 12/6/08 11:52 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: That wasnt my point, it could have been tails, but nooooo it must another faggy thing with a dark and misterious past.
Again, you have no idea how to research.

Cannot be determined based on my earlier posts, this or you can't write properly and you wantged in fact to say: THis proofs that you didn't research on the subject.

Chip is a simple character.

Then if he is so simple why couldnt he be replaced by tails ?

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 05:53:18

At 12/7/08 12:42 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Because then the kids who buy it would find it less interesting. Every new game for every series adds new characters for a different experience. It's not like they'd go back to using only Tails, Sonic, and EGGMAN, not after all the characters they've added. The only thing they can do is add and remove more, even if it sucks.

The more characters they add, the worse it gets. Just stick to the basics.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 06:07:44

I'm going to end this petty argument;

Every single Sonic game after Sonic Adventure 2 (minus those games for the Gameboy) sucked King-Kong's balls.

That is all.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 12:45:05

At 12/7/08 03:45 AM, SilverTheHedgehog wrote: If the controls are bad, play with the Classic or GC controller.

I could, but this is a Wii game. If it cannot be properly play with the system's own controller, than that defeats the purpose.

Unimaginative story, at least it's not about Aliens and guns.

Yeah, but it's just as bad.

Horrid human models, does that mean you don't like Pixar movies?

I liked Pixar movies when I was 7.

Lackluster music, it's the best Sonic soundtrack since S&K.

I hardly noticed the music in-game. Either I was too frustrated with the entire Werehog experience to hear it, or it just didn't "wow" me. Or whatever.

Uneven pace, what does that mean?

3 Werehog stages for every day stage. And the fact that the Werehog levels take longer.

No lock-on, I guess you stopped playing before you got to the part where you had to learn to homing attack.

No lock on for the Werehog stages. You have to manually position yourself in front of an enemy and then shake the wii remote blindly hoping it will read the motion and actually execute an attack that will probably miss because the enemy has already moved.

Monotonus enemies, are you trying to be a smart guy or something by using fancy words?

The enemies are very repetitive. There, does that work?

And Chip, what's wrong with Chip? At least he has some feel to the story, unlike the other new characters.

Annoying, overtly silly, and just a nuicance in my opinion. And yes, due to the fact that it's a Sonic game I shouldn't be expecting anything too serious, but there's a point where it becomes ridiculous.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 18:20:08

Let me end this argument quickly:

1) Sonic Unleashed was OK.
2) The games after the Geneis sucked, NO EXCEPTIONS.
3) The franchise is dying.
4) The next game will suck along with the rest.
5) Go play a real game.

What a shame, Mister Jensen.

I never asked for this, Mister Denton.

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 18:22:27

At 12/7/08 06:20 PM, igott wrote: Let me end this argument quickly:

1) Sonic Unleashed was OK.

Not even close.

2) The games after the Geneis sucked, NO EXCEPTIONS.

SA2.

3) The franchise is dying.

Yeah, and?

4) The next game will suck along with the rest.

True.

5) Go play a real game.

Enter Dawn of the New World.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 18:44:06

At 12/7/08 06:20 PM, igott wrote: 5) Go play a real game.
play a real game
a real game
real game
real

What the fuck does that even mean? PLEASE, do tell what the fuck is a real game.

Go on, tell me, I have all the time in the world.

Show me, go on.

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 18:56:11

At 12/7/08 03:45 AM, SilverTheHedgehog wrote:
If the controls are bad, play with the Classic or GC controller. Unimaginative story, at least it's not about Aliens and guns. Horrid human models, does that mean you don't like Pixar movies? Lackluster music, it's the best Sonic soundtrack since S&K. What do you want then, those horrible songs from the Rush series? Uneven pace, what does that mean? No lock-on, I guess you stopped playing before you got to the part where you had to learn to homing attack. Monotonus enemies, are you trying to be a smart guy or something by using fancy words? And Chip, what's wrong with Chip? At least he has some feel to the story, unlike the other new characters.

Time out you have to LEARN the homing attack? Something Sonic has known since Adventures? I may as well give up on Unleashed altogether! And what's wrong with Chip? He's another animal that the Sonic universe doesn't need. We have enough furries just recycle instead of making one die hards fans will hate.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 19:04:14

At 12/1/08 06:27 PM, Talio17 wrote: but Shadow didn't suck! IT RULED!!!

You are all but too wrong. Shadow sucked ass. Sega was just trying to appeal to the angsty teenage crowd with all the guns, motorcycles, dark colors, and use of the word "damn" whenever you died.

Gamertag: VI-Chuckles-IV || Gamerscore: 6,000 || Zone: Recreation

I love you guys.

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 19:26:12

At 12/7/08 07:00 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
If you look past the fact that he isn't needed, and that there are already tons of characters (All after Sonic Heroes died off though) you will see that he is a character that can grow on you. But, that's only if you change his AWFUL English voice actor to the much more suitable and cute Japanese one.

Okay so far I hate the Babylon's, Silver, Chip, that female from the Sonic RPG, and pretty every animal that came after Sonic Adventure 2. The only side character that's actually bearable is Sharha.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 20:43:02

At 12/7/08 08:22 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: So you liked Rouge and Big?

Rouge was cool in Adventure 2 and Heroes but that's it.

The only side character that's actually bearable is Sharha.
Who made the most dramatic pinky promise EVER.

Yeah the promise was dramatic but she doesn't get on my nerves like everyone else. Plus is Silver was not suppose to return after Sonic '06 why is he in Sonic Rivals?

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 21:02:39

Thank god you got Sonic Unleashed for the Wii because believe it or not the Wii is the best version to buy. Currently, the 360 version said that it sucks a lot.

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 22:37:16

The game looked really promising. but most of the reviews bashed it, so I didn't even bother with it.

Sonic is dead until further notice.

R.I.P

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 22:41:07

At 12/7/08 10:37 PM, aquaticmole wrote: The game looked really promising. but most of the reviews bashed it, so I didn't even bother with it.

Sonic is dead until further notice.

R.I.P

R.I.H.

Rest In Hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Sonic Unleashed 2008-12-07 22:52:31

At 12/7/08 10:36 PM, Puffoflogic wrote:

how in the HELL did you Get A FReaking SIlver WHisle WHEN Your the ONE SPAMING CRAP.

fuck