00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Next Big Thing?

63,511 Views | 180 Replies
Respond to this Topic

The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 17:44:49

Over the years, Newgrounds has always been timely with pointing out / making fun of viral trends on the internet. We were right there at the onset of Mahir, Whassup and All Your Base.

So now the question... Is this going to be the next big thing? Is everyone going to be emailing this link to all their friends?

Respond to this post with your thoughts, or just go ahead and create a Flash cartoon making fun of this poor kid. Either way, I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 17:49:33

At 7/2/01 05:44 PM, TomFulp wrote: So now the question... Is this going to be the next big thing? Is everyone going to be emailing this link to all their friends?

BTW - Special thanks to PHiuR for emailing me this link. :)

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 17:54:27

Ahhh - that scared the fuck out of me. Don't do it again.

holy fuck

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 17:54:27

At 7/2/01 05:44 PM, TomFulp wrote: Over the years, Newgrounds has always been timely with pointing out / making fun of viral trends on the internet. We were right there at the onset of Mahir, Whassup and All Your Base.

So now the question... Is this going to be the next big thing? Is everyone going to be emailing this link to all their friends?

Respond to this post with your thoughts, or just go ahead and create a Flash cartoon making fun of this poor kid. Either way, I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Ahahahahahah! im e-mailing that to all of my friends! How did you come across that?

thx,

-Sandy

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 17:55:36

Ahhh - that scared the fuck out of me. Don't do it again.

holy fuck

I'm going to have nightmares now.

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 17:59:59

That has to be the funniest thing i have ever seen, Hi to my future girlfriend... I feel really sorry for the kid who will have thousands of hits and wonder why

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 18:04:15

I still think www.supergreg.com is wayyyy more funny than that.. but thats pretty funny, i cant wait to see some movies about him..

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 18:10:02

At 7/2/01 05:44 PM, TomFulp wrote: Over the years, Newgrounds has always been timely with pointing out / making fun of viral trends on the internet. We were right there at the onset of Mahir, Whassup and All Your Base.

i made a movie about this kid just now, it isn't very good tho. But still I'll see how it works out and if it gets deleted, who cares, anyways see yalls layer!

The Next Big Thing?

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 18:13:54

I'm pretty sure this site's been up for a very long time. I've see the link on www.howfreshisthisguy.com before.

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 18:21:45

Senior dingdong? What's up with this kid? He couldn't get a date, even if he were to go to a blind person's convention. I got his Senior Dingdong, right here buddy.

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 18:26:58

THAT...is some funny fucking shit.

It can't be real...can it?

It HAS to be a hoax.

-Janus

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 18:38:09

hahaha, I feel bad for the kid...BECAUSE HE SUCKS! HAHAHAHAHA!!! HE CAN SUCK MY BALLS! SUCK THEM, SUCK THEM, SUCK THEM!

The Next Big Thing?

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 18:51:42

At 7/2/01 06:04 PM, blastzorak wrote: I still think www.supergreg.com is wayyyy more funny than that.. but thats pretty funny, i cant wait to see some movies about him..

BUT - Supergreg is FAKE. Supergreg and several other "oddball characters" were made up by some PR firm who wanted to impress people by their ability to create a viral buzz. The problem is, they followed the Mahir formula exactly. Any dumbass knows that in order to be viral, it has to be DIFFERENT. I hate hollywood.

This kid is similar to Mahir, but different (and amusing enough) to get my attention. The plea for a girlfriend is also not an original concept, but coming from an 11 year old kid with a mullet, I get a big kick out of it.

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 18:55:53

At 7/2/01 06:10 PM, Jiggle_Nutz wrote:

i made a movie about this kid just now, it isn't very good tho. But still I'll see how it works out and if it gets deleted, who cares, anyways see yalls layer!

Hehehehe... I owe you a BIG apology! I went to put the movie in "PROTECT" mode, and accidentally checked the box to delete it, instead! Funny how the "PROTECT" and "DELETE" boxes are right next to eachother on our admin page. :)

So anyway, feel free to re-upload it and I'll try to protect it, just for prosperity! It would help to make it a little better, though. ;)

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 19:23:01

Probably not, considering this kid's site has been around for a LONG time. He's probably 13 by now... I think we were passing around this link about a year ago in IRC. I thought everyone had seen it already...

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 19:25:29

The Next Big Thing?

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 19:27:25

oops forgot my post...
this is me...don't like me? Fuck off.

The Next Big Thing?

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 19:43:48

WHERE THE FUCK DID U FIND THIS SHIT!! That's pretty pitiful, seriously. What a loser!

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 19:52:10

Why do you want pictures of this doofus all over your site? geez haha

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 19:56:11

hey how about this tom a 80's horor movie collecion cool idea? email me at szarebski@yahoo.com

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 20:36:05

Holy hell. That was the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I feel pretty bad for that kid, worse than I feel about the people who pretend to be Anime characters on Yahoo. But anyway, If someone hasnt already made a Flash movie about that kid, rest assured I will either make some kind of game or movie or whatever as soon as my shooter game is done.

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 20:36:27

well, even though michael is old, I don't think he caught the masses like that of all your base did the first time around. i've had it on my website for a while (complete with wav file) and I'm glad to see he has returned

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 20:47:17

This kid obviously gets his ass kicked a lot due to the top of his eyes being all black and blue (and purple). I'm making a movie on this kid, and it's gonna be better than all of my other pieces of crap.

~~~Vegitto~~~

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 20:50:24

that was just pitiful...

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 20:56:13

Oh man, I got a hella mean idea. I hope you don't hate me if I go through with it. : )

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 20:58:00

that was some funny shit i hope that doesent really think he will a GF by looking like that

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 21:09:32

At 7/2/01 05:44 PM, TomFulp wrote: So now the question... Is this going to be the next big thing? Is everyone going to be emailing this link to all their friends?

Fuck, i took a look at that. Man it was sad. Im not sure what to think though! He's only 11. Fuck. So sad man.

Visit my site man...

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 21:33:30

That was scary, what kind of psycho path would put up such a demented site?

I don't want to live anymore.

But I will, because I know all my dear dear BBS friends would miss me so much.

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 21:55:37

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Tom, how'd you come across this anyway, bro?

Bye....thanks for dropping....by......(my future girlfriend you!)

Response to The Next Big Thing? 2001-07-02 22:04:40

jesus fucking christ! i saw that exact page about one or two years ago, and it hasn't changed a bit! i even had it linked to my old sevenfaces site at one point, until the link seemed to not work anymore.

but anyways...
is this somehow some sort of popular thing or something? it looks like it's nothing but some kid's site... am i mistaken?

BBS Signature