00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Bloodsoaked Wasteland

4,506 Views | 71 Replies

The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-07 21:18:51

Diary Entry July 10, 2007
Nobody knows exactly where, when, how they came, but I know one thing for sure. The world is now swarmed with zombies, the world’s governments have more than likely collapsed amidst this chaos, and man is now fighting a desperate bout for survival with people they once knew in life. I say people meaning the rotted corpses of those who were once living. It’s been three days now, and he feels less and less secure in his house, which has since become more of a fortress. Soon I must leave, or face starvation. 7/7/07, lucky day my ass....

Kdfsjljklgjfg

“Letters” as he is often known, gathered his old hunting rifle, what ammo he could find, and tore down the barricade that separated himself from the horde. Upon walking outside, his eyes squint momentarily as they take time to adjust from the three days inside. The warmth of the sun however, could not contain the chill that was about to pass through him. Power lines were down, there was evidence of a fire nearby, as well as a nearby crashed car, still smoking. As a child, puddles would be fun to play in for him, but now, they are one of the many signs of death that makes kdfsjljklgjfg want to vomit.
A nearby groan wakes kdfsjljklgjfg from his sickened, dazed state as he yells “who are you and what do you want?” at the rotted mound of flesh wobbling in his direction. Remembering that it is no longer a person, he raises the rifle aiming for the head. “Stop!” says kdfsjljklgjfg. It may be undead, but he always had a fear of killing, and even with death staring him in the face, found it hard. It was 5 long seconds that seemed like days before he realized it was do or die, literally and fired upon the attacker.
Shocked at this action, he drops the rifle and stares at the corpse realizing it was the woman who often walked her dog by his house. They had always been friendly towards each other, but he had to shoot her or die. Kdfsjljklgjfg sat there in deep thought, wondering how he would manage to survive this hell.

If this story bodes well, I shall continue it, if not I will let it sink amidst the many NG topics created every day.

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-07 21:20:20

if not I will let it sink amidst the many NG topics created every day.

Please.

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-07 21:21:18

Lol wut?

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-07 21:21:57

I liked it dude keep it up

The kitty krew and ss and bb can suck my nuts (if they had an appointment and filled out the appropriate forms and if I would let them).

BBS Signature

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-07 21:23:30

At 7/7/07 09:20 PM, Bus-Driver wrote:
if not I will let it sink amidst the many NG topics created every day.
Please continue it.

I fixed your post for you.

I still think it should have been called "Night of the Living People Who We Thought Were Dead"

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-07 22:09:56

Well the writings not bad. You could probably turn this into a decent story. The only thing is that its a zombie story, which is a genre that has been beaten to death.

Write a few more chapters and then based on the feedback, you can decide on whether to continue it or not. I say you should keep writing, and we'll see where you take the story.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-07 22:14:24

Good so far, I like the detail to how the character is feeling and what he is thinking.

I need Monet, to buy DeGas to make my Van Gogh. I tried to Hale a cab but my Whistler didn't Turner 'round.

BBS Signature

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-07 22:29:05

Chapter 2: Moving Out is Always Hard

After a long time of deep thought, kdfsjljklgjfg felt hungry. "Well, time to see if the store has been as destroyed as this place." It wasn't easy to think of leaving his lifelong home behind, most likely forever.

Twice he had to stop and rest along the way. The incredible amount of destruction and bloodshed was just too much for him to handle. There was a moderate amount of them there, but kdfsjlkljgfg managed to go around them due to their slow speed. He still was getting used to aiming and the splatter of blood was still slightly uncomfortable coming from a humanoid figure.

After filling a basket with about ten apples and some bags of chips, a noise other than a loud groan caught kdfsjljklgjfg's attention. "Get the hell away from me you flesh eating bastards!" Dropping his goods, letters sprinted out the door to see a man on top of a car swinging a 2x4 around. "LEAVE ME ALONE YOU FUCKERS!" the desparate man screamed. Taking aim, letters opened fire on the squad of about ten zombies. Although his bad aim caused a couple of "what the hell!?"s, within a minute or so the horde was cleared.

Letters approached the man who greeted him with a kind "thanks". "Have a name?" he asks. The man says "They call me TheBigLemon, you?" Letters pauses for a moment wondering what to say, but just decides on telling TheBigLemon to call him letters, as most people do. TheBigLemon wipes off some sweat and splattered blood from the recent encounter, and walks toward the store with letters, saying "This shit is terrible...how the hell could this happen?". "Grab supplies and get moving, I'm no expert, but the gunshots probably attracted more of them, we have to leave." letters responds. Lemon, confused, asks "Why the hell would we leave here? God knows how long we could go before we find more food! The McDonalds has been barricaded and the people inside threatened to shoot me if i didnt leave, the same with the Pizza Hut!".

Letters sighs and responds "It's better than waiting to die"

Journal Entry
Dusk 7/7/07

I've found a man who calls himself TheBigLemon. He is a man of average build, who appears to be frustrated at our situation. Who can blame him? His loved ones are most likely dead, and he was rejected from multiple strongholds before I saved his life. I tried to convince those inhabitants that they would eventually have to leave or starve, but I got the same "It's better than getting gobbled piece by piece by those bastards" everywhere I went. I often read survival stories similar to my life at this moment. They failed to describe the horrors of it's unexpected reality. In my journal entries I will follow in their footsteps, because future survivors of the possible zombie-free world should never have images such as the ones I've endured burned into their minds.

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-08 00:00:54

Yay! It appears as though i actually have a major part in a story! Which is better than ONE mention in ONE chapter *cough cough Holla, cough Aci6* Hem, anyways, good writing. I love zombie stories! Can't wait 'till the next few chapters.

"Jayne, your mouth's talking. Might want to see to that." /Ask Me Shit\

BBS Signature

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-08 00:01:53

Cool, I like zombie stories.

Can I be in it, if you dont mind?

BBS Signature

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-08 17:19:32

Chapter 3: Hope

7/8/07 Three days after the outbreak.
Corner of Garnett Ave. and Harrow Street

kdfsjljklgjfg, obviously frustrated. screams at lemon "why the hell didn't you bring real food?!" to which lemon responds "BUT I LIKE KETCHUP! what's wrong with bringing a basket full of ketchup?!" "ketchup isn't real food! it's a condiment!" screams letters. "Well, where do we head now?" "I have no fucking clue! I wanted to stay with the food, but noooo, you drag us into the middle of fucking nowhere, away from everything!" argues lemon, followed by the crack of his 2x4 upon a lone zombie in the street.

"Bastard won't nibble MY lungs like pizza." says lemon, with a spit upon the rotting corpse. Letters sees something on the corpse and points it out to lemon with "A piece of paper with scribbles on it...I have a feeling this could come in handy"
Upon opening the bloodsoaked note, letters reads

SAFEHOUSE
Superstation Warehouse
Survivors come, food, ammo

Letters' eyes light up upon finding a glimmer of hope in this hellhole. Lemon, confused, asks "What the hell are you grinning at?" Letters pushes him out of the way, on the move to the safehouse, and responds with a simple utterance of "Hope." Lemon, although not having a clue what he meant, felt somewhat comforted by the word, and followed behind.

Journal Entry
Noon 7/8/07

Not much to talk about right now, basically lemon cracked a skull, I found a note, and we have the hope that there is a gathering of survivors out there somewhere, with food, shelter, and ammo to keep us alive until we can find a greater solution to this.
-----------------

TheBigLemon: you have a diary?! AHAHAAH WHAT A PANSY
Letters: ITS A FUCKING JOURNAL YOU PRICK

-----------------

Note to self: if new survivors come and faced with a decision of who continues, lemon dies

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-08 19:35:51

At 7/8/07 05:19 PM, kdfsjljklgjfg wrote:
TheBigLemon: you have a diary?! AHAHAAH WHAT A PANSY
Letters: ITS A FUCKING JOURNAL YOU PRICK

I lol'd.

Note to self: if new survivors come and faced with a decision of who continues, lemon dies

Don't kill me D:

"Jayne, your mouth's talking. Might want to see to that." /Ask Me Shit\

BBS Signature

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-08 20:11:05

Great story!! If you can, would you put me in as Mac?

:I know "Mac" is boring but sweet-tooth-pico-fan is too long.

"The heart has its reasons which reason knows not of." --Blaise Pascal

Relationship crew. Go there. Do it. Now.

request-a-ban

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-08 20:20:18

whoops, undetailed. kdfsjljklgjfg< so i can be a winner>, can i be a guard with an AR-15 rifle at the safe house?

request-a-ban

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-09 12:21:02

At 7/8/07 08:20 PM, sweet-tooth-pico-fan wrote: whoops, undetailed. kdfsjljklgjfg< so i can be a winner>, can i be a guard with an AR-15 rifle at the safe house?

i never said you are in the story, and it'll probably be another chapter or two after the one in progress before i add a character with a name

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-09 12:32:56

i know, i'm saying if you put me in can i be a guard?

request-a-ban

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-09 12:34:40

At 7/9/07 12:32 PM, sweet-tooth-pico-fan wrote: i know, i'm saying if you put me in can i be a guard?

I'll be willing to bet if you get the position you want, you'll be the first one killed.

Guards always die first. At least at the end. I think

BBS Signature

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-09 12:36:22

duh. Unless i go out explorating with them and become a major role... but i probabally wont anyhow.

request-a-ban

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-09 12:57:07

Journal Entry Late 7/8/07

The night has never been my favorite time, the dark is deceiving to the naked eye, save the occasional moonlight. Yet it can also bring odd peace, silence and nobody to distra-
---------
TheBigLemon: hahahaha, diary writing again fairy?
---------
Well there USED to be nobody to distract me, until I found lemon. There is however, no comfort in this dark, for the rotting look of the attackers is covered in shadows, as is the blood. I guess I will just have to trust my nose and ears this night.

End Journal Entry
----------

Chapter 4: Scavenging

Letters attempted to get sleep that night, but the distant moans kept him awake for some time until he realized he would only gain nightmares from what once gave him peace. He knew they were low on food, and that he heard about a bunch of berries in the nearby forest. He was quite sure of their location from a friend that once told him about going there often. How he missed the taste of fresh picked blackberries"

Unsure of whether or not to venture off for them, he woke lemon up. Upon this sudden awakening, lemon jumped to his feet, expecting a swarm, but he saw none and became agitated. "What the hell? Is it my turn to watch already?". Letters considers again by himself before asking "I know of an area nearby with berries, we can restock our food supply, but I'm not entirely sure if the forest is safe." Lemon responds to his rumbling stomach with "We haven't much of a choice if we wan't to get to the safehouse without starving." Letters, obviously nervous, says "Get your shit, let's move."

The silence induced paranoia into letters once they entered the dark, unknown forest. He seemed to confuse every other step of his own or lemon's on a twig as one of the rotted mounds of terror. Fear gripped every muscle as he shaked madly. Lemon knew they would get little done like this and in a very serious manner grabbed letters by the shoulders and whispered loudly "GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF! I know you're scared shitless, don't assume that I am. But you have to control yourself and sort out everything in your head. Seperate our noises from the rest of the forest, FOCUS!" Slowly, over the course of about 20 seconds, letters calmed down. He knew that he could not continue to survive in the state he just was.

About 5 minutes later, they reached the area that supposedly was full of berries for them to stock up with before continuing their trek to the safehouse. Letters points out the bush and they continue to load up the basket with the bags they also grabbed from the store, loaded with berries.

With about half of the basket full, a familiar hellish moan draws their attention. Letters, frozen in fear, cannot comprehend the sheer number of zombies coming down the path from which they came. Lemon grabs the basket and runs off, screaming to letters "RUN! GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HERE!" Letters falls to his knees and appears to give up on life. "If this many of them exist in this fairly lowly populated area, there is no way the entire problem can be solved...there is no point in life, humanity is doomed.."

Lemon senses the danger of this situation, another survivor cannot be lost, and gives out a loud "SHIT!" as letters lays on his back, awaiting death.

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-09 13:18:52

I like the way it's in 3rd persin and has a conclusion of what you just read :D

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-09 14:18:00

great story, keep it up! try not to say shit so much, though, thats the main problem with these stories: "Shit, guys, Shit Oh shit Shit Shit" quoted from i dont remember

request-a-ban

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-09 14:23:39

there are way too many zombie stories.

nice try but its getting a bit boring. try something more... creative, like bloodsucking pandas.

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-09 14:42:23

At 7/9/07 02:23 PM, killa666-4eva wrote: there are way too many zombie stories.

nice try but its getting a bit boring. try something more... creative, like bloodsucking pandas.

too many zombie stories=yes

this story better than all of them=yes

blood sucking pandas=insta-fail

request-a-ban

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-09 21:12:02

At 7/9/07 02:42 PM, sweet-tooth-pico-fan wrote: too many zombie stories=yes

why thank you, THAT is the motivation that keeps me writing

bigtime

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-09 23:26:25

*cough not a bump cough*

request-a-ban

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-09 23:57:51

At 7/9/07 09:12 PM, kdfsjljklgjfg wrote:
At 7/9/07 02:42 PM, sweet-tooth-pico-fan wrote: too many zombie stories=yes

why thank you, THAT is the motivation that keeps me writing

bigtime

Your DAMN FUCKING WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no but seriously, keep going with the story.

request-a-ban

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-10 00:00:04

Was okay not great.

Grey power.

BBS Signature

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-10 00:04:25

In every single chapter so far you've switched from past to present tense or vice versa... it's really annoying. =P

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-10 00:51:00

At 7/10/07 12:04 AM, Zerok wrote: In every single chapter so far you've switched from past to present tense or vice versa... it's really annoying. =P

yeah, thats probabally the worst thing about the story.

request-a-ban

Response to The Bloodsoaked Wasteland 2007-07-10 01:57:39

At 7/10/07 12:04 AM, Zerok wrote: In every single chapter so far you've switched from past to present tense or vice versa... it's really annoying. =P

bad habit, my first attempt at a story so it's not like i've had practice yet, but i'll try to see if i can do something about remembering that as i write chapter 5