00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G F D (a new type of bbs story)

5,729 Views | 79 Replies

N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 01:05:30

This is a new type of bbs story. As far as I know, its never been tried. This first chapter, isn't really a chapter. Its more of an explanation as to what's what and who's who. If you want the juicy action, it comes next chapter. I will be posting it some time tomorrow or the next day (This is all dependant on where you live, time zones). Trust me, when the action starts, it shall not bore.

Where we stand.

Newgrounds had become a giant city compared to when it first started. Tom could no longer do everything on his own, if he ever could. So to make things run smoother, Tom was permanently mayor. He was assisted by Jim and, of course, Wade. Wade was put in charge of all public services. Newgrounds, however, needed more than one service, so Wade put himself at the top as an over watch position for the aforementioned public services. So now, the hierarchy was split up again. One service in particular, is famous for its valiance. The Newgrounds Fire Department. They were now averaging 1,337 calls a year. About 455 of those were false alarms, usually a school prankster or a fucked up system in one of the high rises.

While Wade looked over it, the chief was none other than Stamper. It was really the only place they could put him, because as the police chief he was likely to make anal rape a mandatory punishment for criminals, and a good treatment for those in need of medics. Even public works didn’t fit him. Imagine if those dotted lines on the roads became a stream of dicks. At least in the FD, his raw cock humor would be welcomed and loved, and was unlikely to disturb the public.

Newgrounds still has only one station in the center of town, but its number of rigs had been exponentially increased. Two engines and two ladders. Engines 1 and 3, Trucks 3 and 7. That was a big increase from just one engine. Now Stamper had to do some appointing of his own to do. He needed eight Lieutenants, one to be in charge of each rig for each shift. For this, more respected members of the community were required.

These guys, they had to be tough. So naturally he selected Zerok and Bigbadron. He also stumbled upon a man named JohnyUtah. They were very similar and Stamper immediately took a liking to the guy. Their shenanigans would make the rest of the house laugh their intestines out. One particular morning, when everyone came into the bay, they found that Tower Ladder 7 had a giant foam dick around its nozzle. They had spent an entire month planning, making, and painting the thing! The other Lieutenants in the house were Dobio, Canas, Gooch, Ozcar and RageVI. RageVI, Canas, Dobio, and JohnyUtah were on my shift. Zerok, Gooch, Bigbadron, and Ozcar were on Gold Shift. With such known and loved people, the house quickly filled up with other citizens wanting to prove their worth, myself included.

The roster for my shift now looks as follows-

BLACK SHFT.
E1: Lieutenant - RageVI
Engineer - JadeTheAssassin
Hose 1 - 36Holla, Complete
Hose 2 - ZAAL, RageVI

L3: Lieutenant - Dobio
Engineer - MindChamber
Search/Rescue1 - Cellardoor6 (Although someone, probably from Gold shift, crossed his name out and put “The fucking probie”)
Search/Rescue2 - IdiotClown

E3: Lieutenant - Canas
Engineer - Legionnaire-X
Hose 1 - ChaiLatte, Sawke
Hose 2 - Crue, Madknt

T7: Lieutenant - JohnyUtah
Engineer - MetalDart
Search/Rescue1 - TheBeagle
Search/Rescue2 - SardonicSamurai

Shifts rotated every 24 hours. Today, I was off, so I kicked back and relaxed, but tomorrow, Black Shift gets cracking.

Terms you may wish to know:
Engine- Your average fire truck, has hoses and a water tank.
Truck/Ladder/Tower Ladder- These are the ones with the big mechanical ladders on the top. The crews are search and rescue, not hose. Difference between ladder and tower ladder is tower ladder has a bucket at the top.
Rig- engine or truck.
Probie- Probationary fireman. The noob. Oh and cellardoor, that's not bad or insult, it means you just graduated Fire school and are on your way to a career.
Bay- area where the rigs are.

Better Days | "If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them." | The Hookah Lounge | Merry Christmas Cocksmokers! |

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 01:08:43

Sorry, quick update. Engineer is the driver and operator of the rig!

Better Days | "If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them." | The Hookah Lounge | Merry Christmas Cocksmokers! |

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 01:16:12

Hey, my dad's a firefighter. Apparently I followed in his footsteps.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 01:20:57

I'm not in it.

Therefore it's not worth reading.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 01:21:57

Very nice topic. Looks interesting Crue. Ill bookmark this. Thanks Crue lookin' good!

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 01:23:45

If you mean turning Newgrounds into a realistic world/ city.

It's been done.

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 01:24:48

i know how to handle my hose, if you know what i mean.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 01:25:37

I'm honored to be featured! Thanks man. And also great job on puttin me under....Johnny Utah!

Hello, matey.

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 01:42:49

At 6/21/07 01:16 AM, Zerok wrote: Hey, my dad's a firefighter. Apparently I followed in his footsteps.

Ha, so is mine. He used to be on the rigs but he's gotten kinda...old. So he's still working for the fire department, but I'm pretty sure he's a paper pusher now.

At 6/21/07 01:17 AM, RacistBassist wrote: I feel left out

You'll be in, don't worry, I've already got a place for you.

At 6/21/07 01:17 AM, Peaceblossom wrote: Okay, but where am I?

I'll put you in in one of the next chapters

At 6/21/07 01:20 AM, ChaiLatte wrote:
At 6/21/07 01:16 AM, Zerok wrote: Hey, my dad's a firefighter. Apparently I followed in his footsteps.
My ex is a firefighter...I guess I'm trying to stalk him XD

Lol. I didn't know that.

At 6/21/07 01:20 AM, Kuro wrote: I'm not in it.

Therefore it's not worth reading.

I can make room for you as well.

At 6/21/07 01:21 AM, bounthunter wrote: Very nice topic. Looks interesting Crue. Ill bookmark this. Thanks Crue lookin' good!

Yay, a fan!

At 6/21/07 01:23 AM, AntiLilijim wrote: If you mean turning Newgrounds into a realistic world/ city.

It's been done.

No, I'm talking about a firefighter story dude. It was so obvious, but I never thought of it until 2 days ago. I've been looking for something original for some time now. I've finally found it.

At 6/21/07 01:24 AM, madknt wrote: i know how to handle my hose, if you know what i mean.

I wondered if such a post would come up. I came ready to lol.

At 6/21/07 01:25 AM, Aci6 wrote: Right, you don't explain how a website can suddenly turn into a city, you just jump straight into it. Nice intro and nice story you're pumping along but you should have delved deeper into why Newgrounds has become a city.

Well shit dude, I'm not going to use "I got sucked in when depositing expirience! It's been done, and done well, I wouldn't want to over use it. Other than that though, how does NG become a city? Well, if you can answer that, you're smarter than me. Though to be honest, I didn't really bother to think of one, because I don't know how it would have affected the read. It could have totally sucked. I don't mind the way I did it and nobody else has said anything about it, so I'll just not fool around with that.

At 6/21/07 01:25 AM, TheBeagle wrote: I'm honored to be featured! Thanks man. And also great job on puttin me under....Johnny Utah!

No problem my man!

Thanks guys, I know its the first part but your approval really means a lot. Without readers, a story is nothing. I'm getting tired, and I've got work on the next chapter so I will see you all later.

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 02:08:18

It looks good and yes a very new topic to have a story on about... But... *puppy dog cute eyes* I've always been both a fire-starter and a putter out of fires depending on whether you're a friend or an antagonist..

*gives you her cutest look*

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 02:11:38

i'm never an initial inductee to anybody's story :(

i think it's because of my name

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 02:15:29

I like. First time I`ve seen some one take a fire fighter approach.

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 09:34:56

At 6/21/07 01:20 AM, ChaiLatte wrote:
My ex is a firefighter...I guess I'm trying to stalk him XD

I don't know anyone who's a fire fighter..maybe i will?

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 09:40:20

Cool story! cant wait to hear more!

> z0r. (Random, and possibly NSFW.)

> Sig by lopas1.

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 09:43:58

So...is there going to be an actual story?

There is a war going on in you're mind. People and ideas all competing for you're thoughts. And if you're thinking, you're winning.

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 09:46:10

Yeah dude good read so far. :)
Also, I'd like to ask if I have the qualifications to gain access to a role in this story :D.
I like flaming people and starting arguments :D
...AKA owning noobs.

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 10:33:16

At 6/21/07 01:42 AM, Crue wrote:

Thanks guys, I know its the first part but your approval really means a lot. Without readers, a story is nothing. I'm getting tired, and I've got work on the next chapter so I will see you all later.

Well it's good.
But less mods/more users would be better.

Also, I'm amazed no one started a N G F D as a Club/Crew.

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 17:51:07

The Flashback / Smoldering Spam

At 8:15 the next morning I grabbed my gear and went to work. When I got there not everyone had come in yet, so there were still Gold Shift guys. One of them being Zerok. Cellardoor6 had just come in for his first day and was already a bit pissed about the roster vandalism. RageVI hadn’t come in yet, so Zerok was still there. I figured out it was him who crossed out the Cellardoor6’s name because he was lighting a tennis ball on fire and preparing to throw it at the probie. I love pranks, so I didn’t say anything. Suddenly Zerok whipped the ball at Cellardoor6, who let out a “JESUS FUCK!” Everyone there laughed as RageVI arrived. “Have fun you guys. Except you probie, burn up in your next fire!” Zerok said as he left.

“Don’t worry about it man, everybody went through it. I went through it. Just part of being the new guy.” I was still chuckling a little at the fireball thing, which by now had burnt out. “Thanks.” Said Cellardoor6. He finished hanging his gear in his locker. At that point I had a flashback. I remembered why we had a new guy in the first place.

Last month an old, decrepit, abandoned warehouse caught fire. There was reported to be a vagrant in the building. RacistBassist was on Ladder 3, the first to get there. We all followed a couple hundred yards behind. When the guys on that truck got there, they saw the building totally engulfed. They couldn’t wait one second for support to get the guy out. Hell, they thought he might already be dead. Ladder 3 was known to be very bold, much thanks to Lt. Dobio. With that reputation they charged in without water. After 5 minutes, we had arrived and were in position. Ladder 3 found the vagrant, he was barely breathing. The crew turned around as we radioed them on the situation, and we got a disturbing report. “Shit… All units, all exits appear to be blocked. We have the victim, but I’m not sure we can get him ou- FUCK!” There was creaking and a crash. “THIS DAMN BUILDING IS FALLING DOWN! MINDCHAMBER, GET THAT LADDER UP TO THE THIRD FLOOR! NOW!” The radio crackled, “Yes sir, ladder’s comin’ up!” The three of them dragged the guy up the stairs, the only clear way out, but the building was coming down around them. Dobio threw the vagrant over his shoulder and headed down the ladder, and IdiotClown followed, but RacistBassist was hit by a falling beam, the floor crumbled beneath him do to the weight, and he went. “RACIST!!!” cried IdiotClown “Dobio! RacistBassist is down! We gotta get to him” Dobio looked around. “Shit, let’s get back in there!” They went up but the building was so unstable that one step caused a major break in the floor, expanding the hole. They couldn’t get back in. By this time, T7 was punching holes in the wall in an attempt to get in, as well as to ventilate the place. Engine 1 was at the main entrance blasting it with water, and we were suppressing the flames in other areas, but we were too late. RacistBassist was dead when they found him in a pile of rubble. Everyone took a few hours off and Gold Shift was kind enough to take our places for that time, and Peaceblossom, the department’s chaplain, sat down and talked with the guys on Ladder 3. That weekend, RacistBassist was buried in a grand funeral with full honors. I now passionately hate vagrants. At least his replacement is an alright guy.

When I snapped out of it, I had noticed Dobio was looking at it too. Stamper told him it wasn’t his fault and not to blame himself, and while I think Dobio was able to do that, it is also my belief that he had a deep sense of regret. “I miss him too Lieutenant,” I said. Then the bell rang.

“*psht* Engine 1, respond immediately. Fire reported in a suspected spam den on 8085 Kitty Road. Police and medics will meet you there. *psht*” Jade got in and started the rig as Rage and the rest of the guys followed. They tore out of the bay, sirens blaring. This was the first fire of the day. The rest of us wondered if they’d radio for back up. Spam was nasty stuff. It got you high, but screwed up your body, badly. That wasn’t what concerned us, our problem was it’s extreme volatility when in its raw stage. The good part is that most spam dens are small single story houses. Those fires are easy to control. When the engine pulled up, the medics were treating one man, and the police had three others cuffed. All Kitty Krew members. Some had fake tails, some had fake ears, some had whole cat suits.

As everyone got out of the engine, a cop came up to Rage. “Lt. RageVI, I’m officer Kuro. The only injury is in the ambulance, and is being treated for some 1st and 2nd degree burns. All the spam appears to have gone up already, so you shouldn’t have to worry about explosions. Also, any bodies you find in there… don’t touch. These KK guys have a nasty habit of not removing the OD’s. Lucky for us, it helps us build a case against them.” Rage was slightly disgusted by the bodies thing, but he could deal with it. “Okay, thanks.” The guys connected the hoses and headed towards the house. “Jade, hit the water.” JadeTheAssassin thrust the valves open and the hoses puffed up. The two teams let it rip, first from the outside, then making there way in. They hit it hard. After several minutes, the fire was out. From here they went back to the rig and grabbed the pikes and tore into the ceiling and walls. This was to ensure there was nothing still burning that they didn’t catch or couldn’t see. Everything looked fine, and with that they returned to headquarters.
---------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------

I'm going to start work on chapter 3 in a few hours. I hope you're enjoying the story so far. Also, anyone who wants to be in it, leave a comment or PM me.

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 18:03:11

I love it. Wonderful story. Keep it up. And if you could add me in it.....

I dont even care if I die in the story. Actually kill me off.

You should PM me! My Userpage has Boobs on it

Proletarii vsekh stran, soyedinyaytes'!)

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 20:27:30

At 6/21/07 06:03 PM, AwesomeX wrote: I love it. Wonderful story. Keep it up. And if you could add me in it.....

I dont even care if I die in the story. Actually kill me off.

Okay then. It might be a couple chapters, but you're in.

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 20:37:37

I wanna be in the story!

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 20:48:41

At 6/21/07 01:05 AM, Crue wrote: This first chapter, isn't really a chapter. Its more of an explanation as to what's what and who's who. If you want the juicy action, it comes next chapter.

Lol you made me think it was a sex story so I read through the whole thing. Then got disappointed. Lol. Still good story. And yes stamper would have made anal rape a punishment for convicts. plus it would no longer be a punishable offense. Lol

>:(

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 21:11:25

At 6/21/07 08:37 PM, TheSovereign wrote: I wanna be in the story!

I can do that. Everyone who has requested so far has been given a place.

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 21:20:05

Im currently popping in from the computers at work, but its looks great. As soon as I get a free hour i'll happily read it.

Sounds like a good concept too.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 21:21:06

Thank you. I look forward to dying a terrible, gory death

You should PM me! My Userpage has Boobs on it

Proletarii vsekh stran, soyedinyaytes'!)

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 22:18:01

At 6/21/07 09:20 PM, 36Holla wrote: Im currently popping in from the computers at work, but its looks great. As soon as I get a free hour i'll happily read it.

Sounds like a good concept too.

Thanks. Its just been the first two chapters so not everybody has been given their glorious moments yet.

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-21 22:24:12

I'm gonna go bad ass on that fire and kick it's red hiney!

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-23 15:33:19

Bad News

Engine 1 backed into the bay. Everyone got out. As they did so the rest of the house opened the hose lines and sprayed E1’s crew down. “Glory hog much?” Other than that most of the day was uneventful. A couple false alarms, and a noob totaled his car, but was okay and in one piece. NGFD had an investigator of its own at the police station. The investigator, Sarai, was rather important, as she determined the cause of the fires. A little after 9:00 PM she pulled up in that red squad car, the only one like it in the city. Everyone knew something was up.

“Where’s Stamper?” She demanded. A couple of the guys replied “His office. Probably drawing dicks on our paychecks.” She laughed and thanked them, and then proceeded to his office. We all followed and huddled outside the door.

“Ah, Captain Sarai, what can I do for you?” She opened a folder and produced some kind of documents or photographs. We never got to see exactly what they were. “Well chief, I’ve been looking into our recent fires. Two in particular. The warehouse and the spam den. I found the cause of the warehouse fire, but I couldn’t be sure of my findings, until now that is. I just got back from the spam den. The cause of the fire was the same. That’s not normally too unusual, but in this case, it definitely means something. Chlorine Trifluoride was found at both scenes. Since it was a warehouse, I didn’t find anything unusual about it, but it definitely doesn’t belong in a spam den. Chief, we’ve got an arsonist here. If you look at the origin of the ignition, there were two. Both fires. One in a corner, another in the center of the building. It left enough residue for the trace lab to pick up. The combination of the points of origin and the chemical used, and the buildings burned suggest this is not only arson, but is intended to kill firefighters. Chief, someone wants you guys dead.”

“What?! So in a way, RacistBassist was… murdered. We’ve never done anything to harm somebody. Do you have a motive?” Stamper had taken a very solemn mood. “Should I say something to the guys?”

“If you want. I would prefer to know the truth, but that’s just me. I’ve got more work to do, sorry. I’ll see you around Stamper.”

We backed away from the door as Sarai walked out. As she was leaving, Stamper walked out to us. “Guys, I’ve got something to tell you…”

“We know, we were listening. So what happens now”

“I really need to get a soundproof door.” He smiled briefly. “We’re going to continue to do our job. We just have to be careful. Very careful. I’m packing my gear and going home, I’ll be telling Gold Shift the news tomorrow.”

Everyone went to the bunks except for a few nervous people. Sawke was on her way to the kitchen to get a drink. She saw Legionnaire-X talking to someone in the shadows just outside the bay. She strained to here what was being said. She didn’t get much, but the few words she did hear scared her.

“Yeah, Sarai broke the news…more trifluoride…nobody knows…kill…one by one.”

“See you around FattPandaa!” He turned towards Sawke but she ducked behind the corner in the dark. She wasn’t sure if he had seen her. When the coast was clear she bolted towards Stamper’s pickup, just as he was pulling out. She wasn’t sure what had just happened, but she believed it definitely wasn’t good.

“Chief. I think Legionnaire-X is somehow connected with this whole arson thing. He was talking discretely to another person. He mentioned Sarai and that chemical. And something about killing. I think he saw me and I don’t know what’s going to happen. You’ve got to do something!”

Stamper paused for a moment. “Sawke, you’re just nervous. I understand it. I am too, but I highly doubt anything is going on. Especially with the other firefighters. You need rest, get to it.” He pulled away. Sawke, not knowing where to turn, started discussing what she’d seen with me, ChaiLatte, and Madknt. Everyone dismissed it, with the exception of ChaiLatte, who continued to talk to her until Legionnaire showed up. We all went to sleep. Five hours later, some time around 2:30 AM the alarm went off.

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-23 16:10:11

A possible betrayal? And I thought fire fighting was such an innocent business :(

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to N G F D (a new type of bbs story) 2007-06-23 16:13:47

So glad Im in it. ^___^

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature