00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Join Kingdom of loathing already

12,495 Views | 217 Replies

Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 16:24:42

NOTE: I'm fully aware that there were other Kol topics made in the past. However, those topics merely asked users if they played it or not. This topic is devoted to persuading the average BBS user to join. SO PLZ DON'T LAWK, MODS.

Kingdom of loathing, one of the most unique online games that lack the morons you would find in games like runescape and Maplestory. Since most of the BBS population never heard of the game, this topic is here to convince you to stop fagging up the BBS with your unfunny/uninteresting posts and play it already.

Frequently asked questions:

1. What is Kingdom of loathing?
Kingdom of loathing is a text-based MMORPG that basically parodies and uses cultural references in its gameplay. Kingdom of loathing is fun and humorous due to its well-written and witty adventures and items referring to pop culture and music. Plus, every monster, character, location, and building is hand-drawn. Originality in an online game, much? Seriously, how can you not love the art in this game?

2. What makes Kingdom of loathing so great?
What makes Kingdom of loathing great is that it makes fun of everything with wit and smart humor. Whether it's an adventure, item, or monster battle, there's a pop-reference to it. All of the monsters’ attack, miss, and critical hit messages have something to do with pop-culture.

From Famous Bands to Internet memes.

Also, it makes fun of Internet users you would find in other online RPGs and forums.

If you use the internet and can’t relate to the last two monsters I posted, you should either:

A. Turn off your computer and never use it again
or
B. Kill yourself

What? It's text based liek no gud grafics or nething It sux 111111111
What makes Kol so great is that it lacks the prepubescent 13-year faggot like you who has the attention span of a person with down syndrome. Kol users are made up of well-versed college students and graduates since they get the jokes in the game, so you won't have to worry about 11-year olds using incorrect spelling and grammar. Which is great, because you have to pass a Literacy test if you want to enter chat. Maturity is strongly advised when entering chat, so if you're the kind of person who just wants to talk about how Naruto and Bleach rulz while spellin liek dis instead of asking for help in a proper manner in Kol, this game is NOT for you.

So how many BBS regulars actually play this game?
Just to name a few:
BananaBreadMuffin
tigerkitty
CryogenChaos
MattTheParanoidKat
scottmale24
Sarai
Heliopios
I believe there's more, but I'm too lazy to search.

I used to play kol, but there's nothing new to it. Is Jick too busy being a lazy fuck to improve the game? Why should I start playing it again?
Just so you know, NS13 is right around the corner. To anyone who hasn't play Kol and never heard of NS13, it's a massive update that Jick and Mr.Skullhead (they're the Kol equivalent to Tom and Wade) are planning to launch on June 25, 2007. It's going add more adventures, more trophies, more items, MORE EVERYTHING. Plus, improved gameplay.

Although I haven’t gone in-depth with the gameplay, Kingdom of Loathing is an awesome MMORPG for anyone who loves playing a game whose adventures and battles make fun of clichés and famous games/movies/songs/bands.

So what the fuck are you waiting for?

AN ADVENTURER IS YOU.

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 16:28:46

at first i thought thsi was about Kol, the ng user who is awesome...

but then i read on and my erection faded

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 16:31:33

At 6/1/07 04:28 PM, Lord-Sonx wrote: at first i thought thsi was about Kol, the ng user who is awesome...

That shouldn't stop you from playing it, though.

Seriously, Kol is ten times better than runescape, Maplestory, AND WoW combined.

Yeah it's better than WoW. suck it.

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 16:41:32

Add me to the list of players, i love playing with my Accordion Theif

Biggest mistake in life #3 : Mispronouncing "Niger" while giving a speech in Africa.

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 16:44:14

At 6/1/07 04:41 PM, Straight-Edge wrote: Add me to the list of players, i love playing with my Accordion Theif

Finally, another poster in this god-forsaken topic.

Your Kol alias is Straight-Edge, right? Tell me, what clan are you currently in? There's a newgrounds clan you know.

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 16:45:54

At 6/1/07 04:44 PM, TehreTard wrote:
At 6/1/07 04:41 PM, Straight-Edge wrote: Add me to the list of players, i love playing with my Accordion Theif
Finally, another poster in this god-forsaken topic.

Your Kol alias is Straight-Edge, right? Tell me, what clan are you currently in? There's a newgrounds clan you know.

I'm in seven lances, and i don't really plan to change clans soon

and my alias is just StraightEdge

Biggest mistake in life #3 : Mispronouncing "Niger" while giving a speech in Africa.

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 16:49:54

UPDATED LIST OF NG PLAYERS
Just to name a few:
BananaBreadMuffin
tigerkitty
CryogenChaos
MattTheParanoidKat
scottmale24
Sarai
Heliopios
Straight-Edge

Wow, 46 views and only 5 posts?

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:00:49

At 6/1/07 04:31 PM, TehreTard wrote:
At 6/1/07 04:28 PM, Lord-Sonx wrote: at first i thought thsi was about Kol, the ng user who is awesome...

That shouldn't stop you from playing it, though.

Seriously, Kol is ten times better than runescape, Maplestory, AND WoW combined.

Yeah it's better than WoW. suck it.

well its not that hard to be ten times better than runescape and maplestory combined but to be even the slightest bit greater than WoW is a great accomplishment. i'll join when i get the chance

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:04:07

I'm "extr3mer" and "sen1nel" there. I rarely log on, cause it got boring after my main account got deleted due to inactivity.

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:07:39

At 6/1/07 05:04 PM, eXtr3meR wrote: I'm "extr3mer" and "sen1nel" there. I rarely log on, cause it got boring after my main account got deleted due to inactivity.

Again, a good reason to start playing Kol again is because of the MASSIVE update coming up on June 25th. New monsters, items, etc.

More info on NS13.

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:10:12

At 6/1/07 05:07 PM, TehreTard wrote: Again, a good reason to start playing Kol again is because of the MASSIVE update coming up on June 25th. New monsters, items, etc.

More info on NS13.

I know about NS13, it's gonna make the game way harder.

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:13:17

I used to be ChrisTheContagion, but then I quit.

Still, I keep the sticker as my sig as a tribute to KOL's witty nature.

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:13:24

I've been putting it off for years.

Well, not really putting it off. I get directed to the site and think 'this looks cool' and then I see 'KoL is a text based mmorpg' and I think 'fuck that'.

But you've swayed me with your efforts, your convenient links, and your girlish charm.

I'll join within the next week.

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:13:33

I play as well, same as alias as here, also, if they have didfferent usernames, post them. So, ya.

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:14:29

At 6/1/07 04:24 PM, TehreTard wrote: Just to name a few:
CryogenChaos

And I am a cool user. Therefore, KoL = cool users.

I'm a little worried about NS13. It's going to be a bitch for people like me who enjoy hardcore runs, especially since i need to do a few more to complete my tattoo collection. Also, didn't NS13 originally stand for Naughty Sorceress 13, meaning her level would go up to 13? I don't know what it stands for now.

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:15:39

Oh yeh that game was very cool/funny .. for a day.

And your name is making me think about something familiar .. hmmmm

I put the FUN in dysfunctional.

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:16:36

At 6/1/07 05:10 PM, eXtr3meR wrote:
At 6/1/07 05:07 PM, TehreTard wrote: Again, a good reason to start playing Kol again is because of the MASSIVE update coming up on June 25th. New monsters, items, etc.

More info on NS13.
I know about NS13, it's gonna make the game way harder.

Tell me about it, Jick's planning to get rid of stasis after NS13 comes out. Not being able to use my NPZR to farm for meat at The Castle in the Sky sounds like a major blow to my meat wallet.

But still,
MOAR GAMEPLAY>MOAR MEAT

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:18:29

i used to play that, kinda got boring after a couple of days.

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:23:16

At 6/1/07 05:14 PM, CryogenChaos wrote:
At 6/1/07 04:24 PM, TehreTard wrote: Just to name a few:
CryogenChaos
And I am a cool user. Therefore, KoL = cool users.

EXACTLY. It's just that most people here don't have the brain capacity to comprehend Kol's awesomeness.

I'm a little worried about NS13. It's going to be a bitch for people like me who enjoy hardcore runs, especially since i need to do a few more to complete my tattoo collection. Also, didn't NS13 originally stand for Naughty Sorceress 13, meaning her level would go up to 13? I don't know what it stands for now.

Jick said nothing about making Hardcore runs longer. He just doesn't want people to be doing one-day ascensions anymore. Increasing Ronin to a 1,000 adventures instead of 600, having only 40 adventures after an ascension, that sort. I don't remember NS13 changing HCO or Hardcore runs in general. Don't worry about that.

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:23:26

At 6/1/07 05:16 PM, TehreTard wrote: Tell me about it, Jick's planning to get rid of stasis after NS13 comes out. Not being able to use my NPZR to farm for meat at The Castle in the Sky sounds like a major blow to my meat wallet.

But still,
MOAR GAMEPLAY>MOAR MEAT

I just farm small/large boxes and sell them for 1000/2000.

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:26:12

I play it.

Reasonably new to it, only ascended twice, hoping to finish the current one before NS13.

Great game.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:27:31

At 6/1/07 05:23 PM, eXtr3meR wrote:
At 6/1/07 05:16 PM, TehreTard wrote: Tell me about it, Jick's planning to get rid of stasis after NS13 comes out. Not being able to use my NPZR to farm for meat at The Castle in the Sky sounds like a major blow to my meat wallet.

But still,
MOAR GAMEPLAY>MOAR MEAT
I just farm small/large boxes and sell them for 1000/2000.

Do you auto-sell them or do you sell it at your store in the Mall? Either way, I can't be assed to sell large/small boxes since I'm trying to get the Little Chickadee trophy.

By the way, do you have any bubbly potions to sell? I would gladly buy them off you if you have some.

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:29:20

At 6/1/07 05:27 PM, TehreTard wrote: Do you auto-sell them or do you sell it at your store in the Mall? Either way, I can't be assed to sell large/small boxes since I'm trying to get the Little Chickadee trophy.

By the way, do you have any bubbly potions to sell? I would gladly buy them off you if you have some.

I sell them in the mall. And no, I don't have any potions, I never open the boxes.

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:40:04

I play that. it's okay...

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:45:20

Every time I see a KOL thread, I log on spend 200 turns, eat a few spectral pickles and wonder if my 45million is still a lot of meat.

Then I forget about it :( It's a great game, but I tend not to have time.

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 17:47:50

At 6/1/07 05:18 PM, ijustowndU wrote: i used to play that, kinda got boring after a couple of days.

I used to be exactly like you myself. When Sarai first suggested it, I thought it was lame due to all the text and lack of graphics. But once you leave Mt. Noob and level up, you get more powerful weapons and more humorous adventures. Kol is not a game you love within a week you know.

At 6/1/07 05:15 PM, Retardead wrote: And your name is making me think about something familiar .. hmmmm

Sign-up Date:
04/07/2006

Die.

At 6/1/07 05:13 PM, Raguel wrote: But you've swayed me with your efforts, your convenient links, and your girlish charm.

Oh my! You are quite the gentleman!

*blush*

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 18:00:17

At 6/1/07 05:45 PM, Sarai wrote: Every time I see a KOL thread, I log on spend 200 turns, eat a few spectral pickles and wonder if my 45million is still a lot of meat.

I miss PVPing you for items and meat. Mind I ask why you don't have the time to play such an awesome game, again?

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 18:03:13

At 6/1/07 05:47 PM, TehreTard wrote:
At 6/1/07 05:15 PM, Retardead wrote: And your name is making me think about something familiar .. hmmmm
Sign-up Date:
04/07/2006

Die.

haha ;) touché

I put the FUN in dysfunctional.

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 18:05:16

At 6/1/07 06:00 PM, TehreTard wrote:
At 6/1/07 05:45 PM, Sarai wrote: Every time I see a KOL thread, I log on spend 200 turns, eat a few spectral pickles and wonder if my 45million is still a lot of meat.

I miss PVPing you for items and meat. Mind I ask why you don't have the time to play such an awesome game, again?

Did you PVP me? I think it might be someone else, I've hardly every PVPed anyone :) Well, I just guess I missed out on a lot of things... Things went very quickly, new items, acension, quests all that kinda thing. *sighs* So fast moving is a bit over the top for me, only got limited time for it :)

Still, I achieved a lot and have a fair few rare items ;)

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to Join Kingdom of loathing already 2007-06-01 18:11:21

My familiar is fricking hard.

Familiar:
Reverend Horton Heat, the 23-pound Ninja Snowflake

NINJA SNOWFLAKES>ALL