00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Music Software, witch one suits yu?

2,039 Views | 22 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I have Fruity Loops 6 and I enjoy it very much, I looked at Reason and almost passed out from all the nobs and gizmo's, but I first had Ejay and moved to FL5... Reason looks like a huge lerning curve for me.

What music software do most of you guys use?
What do most of you prefer?
Did you guys move up toward more complex programs after you mastered previous ones?

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-20 04:14:19

At 5/20/06 04:00 AM, MastaBrad wrote: I have Fruity Loops 6 and I enjoy it very much, I looked at Reason and almost passed out from all the nobs and gizmo's, but I first had Ejay and moved to FL5... Reason looks like a huge lerning curve for me.

What music software do most of you guys use?
What do most of you prefer?
Did you guys move up toward more complex programs after you mastered previous ones?

Both Reason and FruityLoops are swell for beginners. Don´t get scared from the knobs and stuff on the Reason rack´s effects, samplers and synth´s, there are plenty of pre-made samples to get you started with!

Personally I use Reason 3.0, ReCycle 2.0 and Cubase once in a while. I started out with Fasttracker 2, wich really want easy at all for a complete n00b like myself backthen. But I learned that stuff, and when I finally started using Reason, man, just being in a Windows enviornment made things soooo much easier for me!
However, even though Reason is an awosome program, I feel that I am starting to see it´s limits. I am most likley going to learn how to use Cubase better in the future, but I´m NOT gonna let go of Reason. Also, I can rewire reason into Cubase, getting the best of two worlds.

FL I don´t know much of, but it´s all about what you´re make habit of using. FL is supposed to be a good program, also for beginners!

If you are interested in finding out what NG ppl are using to make their music, here is one of many threads about the subject in question.

Wakka wakka

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-20 04:35:27

Well there are various factors....

My method.

I usually start a song with Reason (because it has many synths to get me started, and then I import it to Cubase (through midi) rewire reason (if i want to use some stuff from Reason) and replace Reason's instruments with instruments like Collossus, Symphonic Orchestra, Drumkit from hell etc. Then do a proper mixing and mastering with Cubase (cubase itself helps you a lot at this ;) )

and then everything is fine... :)

So I use Reason and Cubase.... (Reason to create a "sample" of the song, and Cubase to complete it!)
Well When I get a more powerfull PC (which will be able to run many istances of my favorite instruments ( all running at the same time)) so that I 'll be able to writte the piece smoothly with Cubase (without exporting into wav and importing again (bastard RAM consuming VSTs)), I will uninstall Reason since it will no longer have a reason to exist on my HD.

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-20 11:27:49

i use finale.

,squeaked the lion.

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-20 11:31:04

I use Reason, Cubase and FL Studio 6 occasionally.

Reason is quite a bit more overwhelming than FL Studio at first, but if you look at the demo piece and start screwing around with sounds and knobs, it because easy quickly.

Just learn it in 30 minute segments. Screw around for a while, put it down, and come back to it later. That's what I had to do, I learned Reason before I even bought it, because I just had the demo.

BBS Signature

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-20 14:39:54

anything cakealk. preferably sonar and home studio. by far without an equal.

my youtube.

click it.

BBS Signature

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-20 14:58:59

CUBASE CUBASE CUBASE, a lil of fruity loops and thats about it.

OH and microsoft sound recorder, that shits hoooooooooottttttttt!!!!!!!! lol

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-20 15:17:47

FL is easy. Reason is harder, but even I can understand it. And I'm a fucking idiot.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-20 16:08:32

I use music creator 2 but i still havnt figured out how to do the cool bass that they put in them hip-hop beats.

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-20 17:54:11

It pisses me of when people say Reason is hard.
The first time I booted it up
I found it easy to use.
I guess it depends if you had experience with other programs before.

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-20 19:25:01

At 5/20/06 05:54 PM, TheSuitcase wrote: It pisses me of when people say Reason is hard.
The first time I booted it up
I found it easy to use.
I guess it depends if you had experience with other programs before.

It's not that. Reason is easy if you have good experience with hardware, at least a basic idea of how to chain them, and good experience with midi sequencers as well as audio composition it self. Let's be honest, the midi seq in reason isnt the best out there, so it makes for a bad learning environment.

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-20 22:38:00

You don't even really need to know how to connect devices together. I mean, it automatically does it for you. I use Reason extensively, and I can only think of a handful of times that I have had to actually manually wire devices together.

It's a little overwhelming to look at at first, but if you give yourself an hour or two to learn it it's not hard.

BBS Signature

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-20 23:55:43

I use Buzz...

*cricket chirping*

BBS Signature

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-21 00:15:13

I use AcidPro and Reason 3 reWired together.

BBS Signature

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-21 00:20:02

Damn.... sorry about the double post - I screwed up on my end - this was supposed to be the next part...

OK - so then AcidPro and Reason 3 ReWired.

as far as the progression goes - I've toyed around a bit with a ton of little apps and I think everyone should do the same - any utility or app that you can find freeware, shareware, etc. download it - install it and play around with it.

Since most apps tend to work in similar ways, you'll find that when you come across a new program that other people tend to think of as complicated (Reason 3 for instance) you'll say to yourself - Oh no big deal - this works the same way as "_____"

BBS Signature

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-21 12:57:09

I use GarageBand. It is right there on my computer so I may as well. But I hear that it isn't too popular around here.

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-25 10:47:00

Anyone knows what program ParagonX9 uses?
Or his hardware, because, im a little obsessed lately by him...
*OMG, he's everywhere!*

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-25 11:09:00

Reason 3.0 and... something more... cant remember. Mainly Reason, I belive?

Wakka wakka

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-25 12:36:16

At 5/20/06 03:17 PM, -ZENON- wrote: FL is easy. Reason is harder, but even I can understand it. And I'm a fucking idiot.

FL took a while for me to understand properly, reason really didn't.
But then again, I already had alot of the theory needed when it came to sequencing programs.

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-25 13:00:49

I dont know what suits me yet.

When i learn how to use reason efficiently, that'll suit me.

When i manage to find funds for reaktor, that'll suit me when i've learned it. Looks BADASS that prog.

When i manage to find a music student who can get me a student discount on cubase, that'll also suit me also.

and rucklo, that WHY IS THERE A BIG COCK IN THE LEFT HAND CORNER

is one of the funniest bits of stupidity i've ever seen on the bbs, thank you sir for brightening my day.

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-25 13:02:35

At 5/25/06 01:00 PM, SpamWarrior wrote:
and rucklo, that WHY IS THERE A BIG COCK IN THE LEFT HAND CORNER

Yea, seriously.. .Why...

that topic should really be un-locked >:(

Wakka wakka

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-25 14:17:38

At 5/25/06 10:47 AM, SuperFlonic wrote: Anyone knows what program ParagonX9 uses?
Or his hardware, because, im a little obsessed lately by him...
*OMG, he's everywhere!*

He uses Reason.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Music Software, witch one suits yu? 2006-05-25 15:36:18

i use protools