00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!!

5,255 Views | 99 Replies

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-17 11:03:03

At 2/17/06 09:38 AM, bakem0n0 wrote: How so?

Im just taking a wild stab but I think he means the Gay Sex and two men kissing each other. Thats what seems to be the root of some of the hate.

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-17 12:29:54

At 2/17/06 11:03 AM, Souta wrote:
At 2/17/06 09:38 AM, bakem0n0 wrote: How so?
Im just taking a wild stab but I think he means the Gay Sex and two men kissing each other. Thats what seems to be the root of some of the hate.

Most of it really . . .
But what about the poor lesbians who get caught up in this? Far fewer seem to have an objection to them, yet they are hurt equally.

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-17 13:35:23

At 2/14/06 05:09 PM, Proteas wrote: We're not scared of homosexuals, and we don't hate them either. We're pissed because the institution of marriage in this country arose out of Holy Traditions in the Church. While it may be a legal matter these days, trying to change the definition of marriage to being inclusive of homosexuals is tantamount to telling the church what it can and can't do. And as every last one of you rant about, that violates the seperation of church and state.

Actually there is a law in Canada, where gay marriage is now legal, that churches cannot be told that they have to perform gay weddings. The ministers and the church are allowed to decline based on a matter of religious belief. So nobody tells the "church" what it can and can't do. If a church decides to perform the ceremony, then they made their own decision to do it.

Besides that, if you want to go on about violating the separation of church and state, then maybe there should be NO legal definition of marriage and we should drop the whole thing... to make it fair for everyone of course. Why do people need the right to marry? If they want a ceremony and whatnot, then fuck it they can do that, but the government should no longer recognize it as a legal document.

So either the government has to dump marriage or allow gays to marriage. You can't have it in between or else it's called discrimination. It's like back when white people weren't allowed to marry black people. White people and black people could marry all they wanted, but they couldn't intermarry. In the end, it was ruled as discrimination, just as banning homosexuals from marrying is discrimination based on their sexual orientation.

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-17 22:08:37

At 2/14/06 03:18 PM, somefatfuck wrote: Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!!

I'd vote in favor of it.

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-17 22:37:30

At 2/14/06 07:14 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote: Absolutely. I just hear people talk about how gays have a Constitutional right to get married: it's not true.

Of course they don't. Even in Canada they knew that.

However, it was determined that they do have the right to not have their marriage specifically banned. Of course, if it's not specifically allowed either, it's still not legally recognized.

Of course, it is allowed under the defenition of marriage now, so whatever.

By the way, nothing changed and everyone forgot about it a little while later, so any slippery slope arguments about the end of civilization you people have simmering away are completely retarded.

Dead.

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-17 22:43:07

At 2/17/06 10:37 PM, Elfer wrote:
At 2/14/06 07:14 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote:

By the way, nothing changed and everyone forgot about it a little while later, so any slippery slope arguments about the end of civilization you people have simmering away are completely retarded.

Well durr Skunk everyone knows that.

Except for the bestiality, everyone knows that Panda sex is just the next natural step.

Between the idea And the reality

Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-18 09:48:55

At 2/17/06 10:43 PM, Fenrus1989 wrote:
At 2/17/06 10:37 PM, Elfer wrote: By the way, nothing changed and everyone forgot about it a little while later, so any slippery slope arguments about the end of civilization you people have simmering away are completely retarded.
Except for the bestiality, everyone knows that Panda sex is just the next natural step.

Except for the fact that it hasn't happened so I don't see what your point is.

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-18 12:38:22

This is just more fuel for the libertarians and more proof that government needs to get out of marriage.

I do it for the lulz

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-18 17:00:56

At 2/18/06 09:48 AM, bakem0n0 wrote:
At 2/17/06 10:43 PM, Fenrus1989 wrote:
At 2/17/06 10:37 PM, Elfer wrote:

Except for the fact that it hasn't happened so I don't see what your point is.

It's a joke.

Look at his sig for gods sake.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-18 17:43:23

Gay marraige may resulted in prison (that's what I mean). According to this article, he dosen't know how much votes did the ban will revieved. Republican supporters of the constitutional ban insist they are not motivated by the politics of the issue and are solely focused on keeping the matter on the national agenda, hoping they can get closer to 67 votes over the next few years. People had voted against the ban for no good reason.

My opinion on this article: The gay marriage is bad to people's healths. Otherwise, it may resulted in prison (if "gay marriage" is founded by the FBI). Consider this "Homosexual". I really don't care about the homosexual stuff at all! All what they want to do is to make something cheaper!

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-18 21:54:19

Kirby, that makes no sense, can you please repost your thoughts when you are sober?

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-18 22:18:52

At 2/18/06 09:54 PM, ReiperX wrote: Kirby, that makes no sense, can you please repost your thoughts when you are sober?

Statistically speaking, theres about a 100% chance that a post made by an idiot, will be an idiotic one.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-18 22:30:20

At 2/18/06 10:18 PM, PeacePipes wrote:
At 2/18/06 09:54 PM, ReiperX wrote: Kirby, that makes no sense, can you please repost your thoughts when you are sober?
Statistically speaking, theres about a 100% chance that a post made by an idiot, will be an idiotic one.

Seriously, this is not a bad post. I am just telling that "Gay Marriage" is bad to their healths (please notice that I am not an idiot).

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-19 01:23:31

At 2/18/06 10:30 PM, kirby_694 wrote:
At 2/18/06 10:18 PM, PeacePipes wrote:
Seriously, this is not a bad post. I am just telling that "Gay Marriage" is bad to their healths (please notice that I am not an idiot).

How is gay marriage bad for a homosexual's health?
How does gay marriage result in prison?
How do you vote against this for no good reason?
How are you figuring that they are trying to make something cheaper?

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that English is not your native language, if it is you need to go to school.

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-19 01:27:28

Can someone please explain to me what the government has to gain by banning gay marriage. Why do they even give a shit? "Oh no, gay people got married, it's the end of the fucking world! Aaah!"

Seriously, it's not a big deal. It's not even worth a fucking constitutional amendment. It really seems that the Republicans are just trying to piss people off (or distract them from real issues) with all this pointless bullshit about gay marriage, as if anyone actually cares that two gay people are a couple.

Shit, you fuckers piss me the fuck off.

I am not responsible for the content of the post above.

BBS Signature

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-19 04:17:55

At 2/19/06 01:23 AM, ReiperX wrote: I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that English is not your native language, if it is you need to go to school.

Thanks! I understand!

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-19 20:30:42

At 2/19/06 08:18 PM, Dante01 wrote: Faggots shouldnt get married. End of story.

I agree, now what about homosexuals?

I do it for the lulz

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-19 20:48:22

At 2/19/06 01:27 AM, subpar wrote: Can someone please explain to me what the government has to gain by banning gay marriage. other stuff

This is a response to the gay movement. They are trying to prevent activist judges from forcing gay marriage on America like they did with abortion.

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-19 21:09:39

I really don't know why people hate us so much......

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-19 21:27:54

At 2/19/06 08:48 PM, Wyrlum wrote:
At 2/19/06 01:27 AM, subpar wrote: Can someone please explain to me what the government has to gain by banning gay marriage. other stuff
This is a response to the gay movement. They are trying to prevent activist judges from forcing gay marriage on America like they did with abortion.

How would it be forcing it on the American people? This wouldn't be forcing churches to perform the ceremony, it wouldn't force people to like it, and it wouldn't force everyone to turn gay. It would just be allowing homosexuals being able to have the same benefits as a married couple. So why shouldn't they have it?

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-19 23:42:29

At 2/19/06 08:30 PM, MegalomaniacVirus wrote:

Homosexuals shouldn't get married, either! That's all!

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-19 23:43:32

At 2/19/06 11:42 PM, kirby_694 wrote:
At 2/19/06 08:30 PM, MegalomaniacVirus wrote:
Homosexuals shouldn't get married, either! That's all!

Now whats your base reasoning behind homosexuals shouldn't be getting married. Your original post on it was well, confusing to say the least.

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-21 15:41:02

in america you have the right to do what you want, gay marrige should be leagal.
God dosn't hate fags he hates people who hate others. if you hate someone else, you hate god.

GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY BUTTS GAY

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-21 17:40:07

I would just like to say that I'm a bisexual female. I'm more attracted to women but I still occasionally date men.

What I am about to say will make many of you upset and I understand that. I just hope that you read my post and consider things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I like gay pride parades. The reason we have them is to not "OMGZ SHOVE IT IN OUR FACE!!" It is to show support for LGBTAQ people (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Allies Queer people).
In your inner circle of friends, can all of them recount tales of being verbally and physically harassed almost every single day? Although harassment is not unique to the Queer community (Race, gender, ethnicity especially), it is sad that every single person in my inner circle of friends can recount such a tale. Personally, I have had students wait after class to bascially tell me I'm evil and stupid. I feel worse for my genderqueer brethren because my looks "pass" for straight.
In the gay pride events in my community, I have never seen anything except light collegial humor. Sure, some will dress up like the gold thong guy in the Rocky Horror Picture Show but I've also seen that in my high school parades. Those events motivate people that "yeah, it's ok to be gay". Now I know most of you think that you've heard that message over and over, but when a person is locked up in a closet they have a selective perception of what it's like to be out.
The closet is a traumatizing, depressing space. Imagine your friend telling you all about their significant other, but you can't do the same because you don't know how they would react? I've literally seen people talk about their significants and then I turn around and say the same thing, leading to me never seeing them again.
I'm not happy with just being gay and "keeping it in my bedroom". That doesn't mean I'm going to SHOVE it in your face. It just means I'm going to be just as honest about my love life as heterosexuals are. Will I kiss in public my girlfriend? Sure [and then expect someone to throw bottles and rocks at me]. Will I "Omgz" make out with her in public and grab her ass? No.

There are some gay people who hook up all the time. The SAME as heterosexuals. And I don't disparage them for that because it's their choice. I also know a lot of quiet homosexuals who are politically actively loud who are often with one partner or no partner at all. The SAME as heterosexuals.

99% of "Ex-gay" literature like "Narth" are based on faulty biased studies [and yes it is possible to get a NON-BIASED study as someone said "there are no biased studies"]. So are some of the gay studies that are out there saying positive things about gays, but that doesn't make all gay studies bad.

I wasn't "abused" as a child and any part of my messed up psychy [we all have somethings that are messed up] is not related to my "gayness". What's really funny is that the majority of homosexual males realize their gay by the ages of 5-7, so it's really early-on that you know. I personally didn't realize that I was "gay" until I was 11 because nobody had told me what a lesbian was [I was sheltered...I went to a somewhat boarding school atmosphere], but I knew early on that I was attracted to both sexes, but mostly girls.

The thing that would make me happiest is if I could get married. Right now, homosexuals don't really have a lot of "rights". Including hospital visitation (since I'm not family, my girlfriend could be sick and dying and I couldn't have access to her), domestic partner benefits, death inheritence (my girlfriend could die and her will invalidated by her family on a technicality), adoption rights. If you don't like gay marriage, then don't have one. It's not going to stop gay people from being together.

And I don't want a mamby pamby pansy "civil-union". I want marraige. Marraige is a governmental institution and a religious institution. However, marraige is a religious institution for many faiths NOT JUST CHRISTIANITY. And as such, there are many churches that have no problems with marrying gay people, so don't worry about us invading your churches. Personally I shift between reform Jew to Episcopilian. Both would be happy to perform a marraige ceremony [especially since one of the rabbi's is a lesbian].

And for those who keep saying that "gay marriage isn't in the constitution", I would just like to point out that many things are not in the constitution. Your right to privacy? No where in the constitution does it say you have a right to privacy. The right to privacy was decided by the supreme court and was given precedent by the first, second, third, and fifth ammendment to the consitution. So please understand that even though the constitution does not blatantly say things, there are legal basis for many of the rights we hold today. If we went by the constitution's literal definition and the founder's document, black's would still be slaves and women would be property.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just my 2 cents.

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-21 18:14:07

Everyone here, Marraige outside a church isn't a right.

If the government wanted to, they could throw away all marraige laws, except for the church ones.

Most things in our daily lives aren't rights and if they are they are up for interpertation.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-21 19:00:52

I think we should let gays marry. I think it's okay if two people love eachother since on the flipside if the gays and lesbians banned straight marrage that would be unfair.

Also I think ammendments should be made to help people. No to ban them.

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-21 21:36:31

Yeah i would vot for McCane if I could. Listen i got gay friends and i don't care as long as they don't hit on me. Gay's deserve the rights of normal people.

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-21 22:59:34

At 2/19/06 09:09 PM, sakuraicedtea wrote: I really don't know why people hate us so much......

I don't think as many people hate you as you think do. Fact is, you could walk into about any church and say "I'm gay" and receive as much kindness as anyone else (though I do not deny there are bigots, but most Christians hate bigotry). That isn't the same as opposing gay marriage though. I just don't think gay marriage is the answer. Gayness is not consistent with our biology; it's unnatural. I think these people should seek councelling.

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-21 23:03:15

At 2/21/06 09:36 PM, badreligion7483 wrote: Yeah i would vot for McCane if I could. Listen i got gay friends and i don't care as long as they don't hit on me. Gay's deserve the rights of normal people.

Yes, and they have the rights of normal people. Just because someone wants the government to institutionalize their choice of lifestyle, does NOT mean the government should/will. Explain how gay marriage is different.

Response to Amendment Banning Gay Marriage!!! 2006-02-22 00:02:02

At 2/21/06 10:59 PM, Wyrlum wrote:
At 2/19/06 09:09 PM, sakuraicedtea wrote: I really don't know why people hate us so much......
I don't think as many people hate you as you think do. Fact is, you could walk into about any church and say "I'm gay" and receive as much kindness as anyone else (though I do not deny there are bigots, but most Christians hate bigotry). That isn't the same as opposing gay marriage though. I just don't think gay marriage is the answer. Gayness is not consistent with our biology; it's unnatural. I think these people should seek councelling.

Oh wow. You really don't know what its like. You say that most churches would be "kind" and not bigoted. I dare you to go to a church and say that. Believe me, don't be suprised if you get a different response than you expect. [and when I say churches, I mean mostly evangelical and middleground]

....I don't need counseling *roll eyes*. Gayness is not consistant with biology...along with a bunch of other medical procedures that we all have commonly done. Ever have an appendix burst? Didn't you take it out? That's unnatural becuase we were born with it.