00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nordman1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods

99,078 Views | 1,325 Replies

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-07-24 01:07:28

Recap for everyone and voting update:

No, tom, you weren't first, myst beat you by 3 minutes, and don't waste a post in here asking if you were able to vote first, that's something to ask in your e-mail, not something to post on the BBS. D:

Concerning the 2 e-mails, in my earlier post I stated that I would send 2 e-mails in order to try and make sure spam filters didn't mess everything up, you can reply to either. :)

RC, I never suspected that someone who was just elected as a regular to not stop by this topic and see they were voted in. Yes, I could send an e-mail to the next voted regular, but if they truely are a regular then they are expected to notice on their own. >.>

SCD, you're still on the Wi/Ht regulars list, thus you can still vote. Denvish and ramagi are mods, and they still participate, thus you can as well. ;)

Also, please limit discussion of the Wi/Ht Memberlist to its thread. I've seen some posts in here that should have been posted in it and some posts in it that should have been posted here. It creates confusion, so yeah, post in the right topic people. ;)

For the voting update, I've recieved votes/responses from the following:

Myst_Williams
Tom_s00
BonusStage
carmelhadinosaur
Denvish
-Gooch-
Bahamut7
ramagi
-Mazza-

In that order, and I voted before everyone so my votes wouldn't be swayed by others' votes. So that means 10 of the 17 regulars have voted/responded. I'm still waiting for a vote or response from the following:

YoinK_VineS
EKRegulus
M-A-R-C-U-S
Master_Inuyasha
Slightly_Crazy_Dude
Eldarion
-TRA-

Please, at least respond to the e-mail telling me that you aren't voting, it'll make everything much easier. ;)

We're halfway through getting everyone to vote/respond and still have more than half the time left in the voting process, so I guess we're on a good pace. :)

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-07-24 01:30:09

At 7/22/05 07:36 PM, Denvish wrote: Yeah. Without the lists, D0GMA &co to keep me amused in here, I'm sorry to say I no longer count myself as a Wi/Ht regular. I spend a reasonable amount of time in the Flash forum, but I guess the new baby and other RL obligations are severely limiting my NG time.

;_;

But I know what you mean. My job has eaten 50 hours out of each week now, and I just don't have the time I used to have. I'm sure a new baby would be even more insanely insane. Then again, you've been through that twice before. #;-}>

Good to see that the legacy continues, though. I just wish the lists were still running.

(AHEM)

You know, my pentalist and ramagi's top 400 exp list might have just had their feelings hurt quite a bit right there. What, you don't consider them lists?! #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-07-24 01:38:01

At 7/24/05 01:07 AM, Xiivi wrote: Also, please limit discussion of the Wi/Ht Memberlist to its thread. I've seen some posts in here that should have been posted in it and some posts in it that should have been posted here. It creates confusion, so yeah, post in the right topic people. ;)

If there are any specific posts you would like removed due to off-topicness in here (aside from any made by me, of course!), just let me know and I will delete them.

Specify poster and EXACT POST-TIME, however.

Myst_Williams
Tom_s00
BonusStage
carmelhadinosaur
Denvish
-Gooch-
Bahamut7
ramagi
-Mazza-

I envy your voting population. It makes the Wi/Ht? membership look asleep by comparison.

In that order, and I voted before everyone so my votes wouldn't be swayed by others' votes. So that means 10 of the 17 regulars have voted/responded. I'm still waiting for a vote or response from the following:

10 of 17? Egad, man. > 50 % voting. Envy envy envy...

We're at 6 of 23 right now, and if we end with 10-12 of 23, we'll have "high turnout."

Please, at least respond to the e-mail telling me that you aren't voting, it'll make everything much easier. ;)

pfft. Good luck with that. #;-}>

I had a question for you or RC or Tom, BTW:

Why are all three of you doing super-e-mail-tag to get the voting done?

If RC's too busy to send out the e-mails himself (and why do they have to be individually sent, anyway? I just send a mail to all the Wi/Ht? members at once and they e-mail me (not the whole list) back with "reply to sender only" and all is well)...

anyway, if he's too busy, then why don't you or Tom send them out however you want to, but with your "REPLY TO" e-mail addy in your mail program settings set to either HIS address or whoever is doing the vote counting.

That way, when people reply to the mail they'll send the mail directly to the person it needs to get to without having to do any extra work or addy-changing or anything...

and this process you mentioned earlier on the page wouldn't even be necessary:

At 7/17/05 11:51 PM, Xiivi wrote: RC is far too busy to handle the election this month.
Tom takes care of the voting process.
Tom creates the e-mail, and sends it to everyone SEPARATELY.
Tom recieves the results and forwards the exact e-mails he gets to RC.
RC forwards those exact e-mails to me.
I count up the votes and get the results in.

Here's how mine would work:

1) RC is far too busy to handle the election this month.
2) Tom sets his reply-to address to RC's or Xiivi's addy, whichever the mails need to go to
3) Tom takes care of the voting process by sending the e-mail to everyone at once (or to everyone separately if he really insists on it).
4) When people vote, the mails get sent directly to whoever they need to get to, and the whole "Tom forwards to RC, RC forwards to Xiivi" chain is rendered unnecessary.

I really don't get what Tom doesn't just forward them directly to you already if RC is too busy. Is RC afraid that if he wasn't part of the loop that you two would rig the election or something? #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-07-24 02:05:10

At 7/24/05 01:38 AM, gfoxcook wrote: Specify poster and EXACT POST-TIME, however.

Bah, I'm find with it for now, it was limited and not much confusion ensued, I just don't want anything to get out of hand with everyone going "zOMG blah blah Members". ;)

I envy your voting population. It makes the Wi/Ht? membership look asleep by comparison.

Haha, trust me, everyone didn't "vote". Note how I always said "voted/responded" that /responded was there because there are some who just responded saying they weren't active enough to vote. ;)

10 of 17? Egad, man. > 50 % voting. Envy envy envy...

As I just said, not voting, responding. :D My goal is to get a response out of everyone. And I will keep annoying them until they acknowledge they are a Regular. XD

We're at 6 of 23 right now, and if we end with 10-12 of 23, we'll have "high turnout."

Well, considering how many retired and inactives you have it's only natural that'd be a high turnout. This list....trys...to keep it current by having the out vote, but yeah....no one uses it. >_> I mean...last month there were 3 out votes and 2 of those votes were people voting themselves out. >.>

pfft. Good luck with that. #;-}>

My goal is to get everyone to talk. D:<

RC & Tom stuff

No, no. That was JUST for that month. Basically, for the July elections RC left control of the voting to Tom. So Tom took the votes, and then sent them to RC who was supposed to do the update. Well, low and behold, halfway through the month RC still hasn't gotten around to it. So basically, I told RC to just forward me all the votes he got from Tom and I'd take over the update, which I did. Well, I saw there were such a low number of voters. And then I saw complaints that some didn't get the voting e-mail. So basically, I decided that Tom must have done something weird with the e-mails since people never got them, so I decided I'd be taking over that from then on. I talked to RC and he said it was fine if I took over control of this list, because he was just too preoccupied to ever update or anything. So now, this month, I'm doing everything, e-mails, update, etc. I knew that e-mail tag was crazy, it just needed to be used to get the list back up and running. Basically, I'm in charge from now on unless RC decides he wants to do it again, at which point I'll gladly hand over control, but that's only if he's actually going to get the e-mails and updates running on time. ;)

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-07-24 03:24:58

At 7/24/05 02:05 AM, Xiivi wrote: Bah, I'm find with it for now, it was limited and not much confusion ensued, I just don't want anything to get out of hand with everyone going "zOMG blah blah Members". ;)

Okiedokie.

Haha, trust me, everyone didn't "vote". Note how I always said "voted/responded" that /responded was there because there are some who just responded saying they weren't active enough to vote. ;)

Ah, true enough.

As I just said, not voting, responding. :D My goal is to get a response out of everyone. And I will keep annoying them until they acknowledge they are a Regular. XD

Well, at least you have an excuse to hound them. It's not a requirement of Wi/Ht? to be active, after all, but yes... being regular is kinda important if you want to be a regular. #;-}>

My goal is to get everyone to talk. D:<

And that's why I wished you good luck, because it's never as easy of a task as it seems like it should be.

No, no. That was JUST for that month. Basically, for the July elections RC left control of the voting to Tom. So Tom took the votes, and then sent them to RC who was supposed to do the update. Well, low and behold, halfway through the month RC still hasn't gotten around to it. So basically, I told RC to just forward me all the votes he got from Tom and I'd take over the update, which I did. Well, I saw there were such a low number of voters. And then I saw complaints that some didn't get the voting e-mail. So basically, I decided that Tom must have done something weird with the e-mails since people never got them, so I decided I'd be taking over that from then on. I talked to RC and he said it was fine if I took over control of this list, because he was just too preoccupied to ever update or anything. So now, this month, I'm doing everything, e-mails, update, etc. I knew that e-mail tag was crazy, it just needed to be used to get the list back up and running. Basically, I'm in charge from now on unless RC decides he wants to do it again, at which point I'll gladly hand over control, but that's only if he's actually going to get the e-mails and updates running on time. ;)

Oh, okay. Thanks for explaining and all. Glad it's not an ongoing "three people trying to keep track of the same e-mails and forwarding them to each other multiple times just to do a job that one person could do quite simply" situation but just a one time thing. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-08-01 23:13:03

Just to let everyone know, Xiivi (Amir / Inuzuka-Kiba / etc...) has made a new topic and since he is taking over the Wi/Ht Regulars List, all discussion shall be forwarded to that topic.

This particular topic's purpose (Members Vs. Mods) has long since been retired as a list and will be locked because of it. This topic shall be used as a historical reference, but if any inquiries need be answered, then please forward those questions to the new topic.

Direct your posts to ----> Wi/Ht Regulars List (RCVL)