00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods

100,552 Views | 1,325 Replies

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-01 18:56:17

Thanks for the update Mike :)

Farewell to Shpouiten and Pure_LionHeart.

And congrats to EK, you finally made it :D

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-01 20:20:53

Hazzah, look at that, both Shpouiten and Pure_Lionheart are gone, that means I most likely won't be using an out vote next month. HAZZAH. :D

And now due to the inclusion voting that just happened I just got a new free space on my in votes category. (hint hint) Pfft, as if the other regulars hadn't seen all my votes anyway. :(

Well, congrats to EK this go around, nice to see him get the spot he deserves. I'm also suprised at how many votes Master_Inuyasha got considering how new he is. ;)

Well, I may be slowing it down a bit considering I have so much stuff going on. And by slowing it down I don't mean Pure or Shpouiten level, I mean more of, oh say...SCD level. ;)

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-01 20:53:26

At 3/1/05 04:51 PM, EKRegulus wrote:
At 3/1/05 12:47 PM, j00bie wrote: Noooo! EK was voted in >:'(
Alright gang, lets vote him out next update ;) (rofljk).
Planning to mass-vote me out heh? lolz :)

Yes, with alt accounts and proxies.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-02 01:52:37

At 3/1/05 05:40 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: lol true! That is some good logic and i s'pose you have been around longer then i even thought.

I'm browsing this forum since September 2004. That's only 6 months ago (5 and a half because I only started to post during mid-September).

And it shouldn't really bother you. It isn't about being on the list, it is about posting and helping etc...

Not for j00bie and BonusStage. For them, it's about if they like or not your face :O. They never saw mine so.. heh. :D (kidding! .. or am I?) but yes, that's how it should be.

being added to the list is just a bonus and an honor (because those who are already on voted you on - thus showing their respect and showing that they feel you are helpful and a good poster).

bonus? certainly! honor? well...maybe for you whenever it will be your turn. I'm just happy to be part of a whereis/howto community. Nothing more. I only consider this like a bonus. They might respect me as a helpful poster but they probably hate my darkside :P I was probably the logical choice, not necessarily the most respected choice. blah blah blah ... typing about myself is getting boring :D

Ahh, now i see why you were always so pessimistic... everytime i told you i thought you had it you'd say 'No, no, probably not.' And i always wondered why you figured so, but now i see your logic... which truely makes a lot of sense.

I rarely counted on that logic whenever I was typing my comments. I'm naturally pessimistic.

At 3/1/05 06:56 PM, Eldarion wrote: And congrats to EK, you finally made it :D

Thanks, mister surprise of the previous vote :D

At 3/1/05 08:20 PM, Master_Inuzuka wrote: Well, congrats to EK this go around, nice to see him get the spot he deserves.

Thanks. Why don't you keep the same username instead of changing it every day? You are crazy.

At 3/1/05 08:53 PM, j00bie wrote: Yes, with alt accounts and proxies.

Please don't. Consider me as a dailytoon special edition which just passed judgement :P
(this is becoming a weird joke :D)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-02 11:29:33

COol I wasn't sure you woudl repsot the lsit with Maus or not.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-02 14:14:40

At 3/1/05 08:20 PM, Master_Inuzuka wrote: Well, congrats to EK this go around, nice to see him get the spot he deserves. I'm also suprised at how many votes Master_Inuyasha got considering how new he is. ;)

I know he's only been around this forum for like a month (i think?) surely how long a user has been posting regulaly in the wi/ht section counts for quite alot? hint hint.... 6 months people 6 months.....

Well, I may be slowing it down a bit considering I have so much stuff going on. And by slowing it down I don't mean Pure or Shpouiten level, I mean more of, oh say...SCD level. ;)

In other words slow enough to keep your place on the list right?

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-02 14:24:04

At 3/1/05 06:11 PM, RedCircle wrote: Anyway, thanks to NasFlash for letting me know about this, and I appreciate it bud. I'll repost List A with all of the Mods now, and I'll delete the previous post missing the data for her. Thanks again dude.

No probelm, Congrats again to EKRegulus!!

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-02 15:47:27

At 3/2/05 01:52 AM, EKRegulus wrote: I'm browsing this forum since September 2004. That's only 6 months ago (5 and a half because I only started to post during mid-September).

I starting posting on the NG BBS (seriously) around the same time, but didnt really check this forum out until early this year (or really late last? not sure).

Not for j00bie and BonusStage. For them, it's about if they like or not your face :O. They never saw mine so.. heh. :D (kidding! .. or am I?) but yes, that's how it should be.

lol! ^_^ I don't really know j00bi, but i like Bonus, good guy.

bonus? certainly! honor? well...

Well it depends how you see the word honor... i didnt mean honor as to life, but honor as to the NG BBS. You know what i mean? Not much else on the BBS that is as worthy as making the Wi/Ht lists.

I rarely counted on that logic whenever I was typing my comments. I'm naturally pessimistic.

lol! Well, you're entertaining when you're pessimistic. XD

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-02 19:03:54

Whats this??? EK finally got in huh, well i didnt vote for him...... :) Well congrats. My other two votes didnt get in which is a sad state of affairs considering they only got 1 vote each, both mine, fags. I still think people are voting for their friends or for people the see most off, which is sad. You guys dont see Tom online like i do because of the time difference. Blergh, fuck it.

Also, whats all this cack about me slowing down, huh huh? Ive kept the same pace roughly for the last six months. So, no slowing down......k. *looks around*

Thanks for the update Mikey boy ;)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-02 23:45:32

At 3/2/05 03:47 PM, Myst_Williams wrote: I starting posting on the NG BBS (seriously) around the same time, but didnt really check this forum out until early this year (or really late last? not sure).

It took me 9 months before I decided to start posting on the BBS. :O My brother posted a few times with this account before September because it used to be a shared account.. blahblahblah long story. :D

On a serious note, I browsed the BBS during approximately 2-3 months before posting my first reply/comment :O and that's also when I started to be interested enough to check the lists. Nobody knew that I was interested until I started posting :O (they probably noticed my username at the bottom though)

lol! ^_^ I don't really know j00bi, but i like Bonus, good guy.

A good insane guy :P

Well it depends how you see the word honor... i didnt mean honor as to life, but honor as to the NG BBS. You know what i mean? Not much else on the BBS that is as worthy as making the Wi/Ht lists.

Bah. I prefer to consider it as a bonus and as another interesting thread on this BBS' section.

lol! Well, you're entertaining when you're pessimistic. XD

Wow, I usually read the opposite O_o. Thanks... I guess :)

At 3/2/05 07:03 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: Whats this??? EK finally got in huh, well i didnt vote for him...... :) Well congrats.

Thanks for congratulating me. :)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-02 23:54:38

I've said it before, but I'm glad you are finally in EK. The list is becoming more complete every month!

Now when the hell is Tom_s00 gonna be added >: (

Anyway, I have a question for you folks. Non-regulars can answer too.

Would you guys like to change the vote system to a weighted one? Meaning, you still have three in-votes, but they get point values?

#1. Person A (3 points)
#2. Person B (2 points)
#3. Person C (1 point)

Whatcha think?

(Personally, I like the idea. It'll get people who are voting to think a little bit more about their votes)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-02 23:59:18

Yay, coolies update RC, thanks!

At 3/1/05 07:57 AM, RedCircle wrote: List C, The Wi/Ht? Regulars List:
#06 | _5645 : _1000 : _18394 : _5078 :: _30117 : 1593 || carmelhadinosaur

Oh noez, im moving too slowly! :O

#__ | _5490 : _1054 : _19306 : _4179 :: _30028 || AVERAGES (Second Place)

Hehe, im ABOVE the average! :D

#__ | 76863 : 14751 : 270280 : 58500 :: 420394 || TOTALS (Third Place)

Blergafeltzh (made up word) :P
But i really like those, and everything's so well orginized... :P

Retired Regulars:
I didnt mean to! muhuhuhooo

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-03 00:22:43

Great update as always RC. It's too bad the mods have 14 more than us, I liked getting 1st/1st. I guess 1st/2nd isn't so bad. No comment on your new voting plan, I can't decide which would be more fair to all the potential regs.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-03 00:58:22

At 3/2/05 11:54 PM, RedCircle wrote: Whatcha think?

I think it's great RC, but who will recieve the more weighted votes?

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-03 01:01:49

At 3/2/05 11:54 PM, RedCircle wrote: Would you guys like to change the vote system to a weighted one? Meaning, you still have three in-votes, but they get point values?
#1. Person A (3 points)
#2. Person B (2 points)
#3. Person C (1 point)
Whatcha think?

That's great. The ability to classify the voters' choices will obviously reduce the amount of skipped votes (I might be wrong, I don't remember if they were obliged to use their 3 votes. I guess not.) and the voters can finally have the power to give an advantage to their favorite choice.

Now that I'm eligible to vote, you might want to know my email right? so I can participate to the next voting process. :)

tankydude@hotmail.com The one in my profile (I don't even remember if it's hidden) was my brother's email because of the shared account stuff. I didn't bother to change the email even if this account isn't as shared as it used to be.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-03 06:15:18

At 3/3/05 12:58 AM, -Kyle wrote:
I think it's great RC, but who will recieve the more weighted votes?

Let me take a stab in the dark at this one :) Whomever you feel warrants getting on the list (iam aware your not on it, but just imagine), you give your first vote too, hence you give them 3 points. Whomever you feel least out of your three choices is warranted a place on RCVL, gets your last vote, hence 1 point.

I like this new idea Red, very snazzy if i may say so, a little more work for you i guess, BUT, maybe it will make users think a little more to whom they pick for the list and in which order.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-03 06:22:17

Ya go for weighted
SCD your sig is ready if you want it.... or may be you prefer having a vagina...

Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-03 06:48:35

At 3/3/05 06:22 AM, Denvish wrote: Ya go for weighted
SCD your sig is ready if you want it.... or may be you prefer having a vagina...

Hahaha, its ok man, thanks alot, i already have it from the last page, but due to mine and Eldarions tournament last month, i need to keep this siggy until the 1st of the next month, so i will use it soon, i promise big man.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-03 06:52:55

At 3/3/05 06:48 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
At 3/3/05 06:22 AM, Denvish wrote: Ya go for weighted
Hahaha, its ok man, thanks alot, i already have it from the last page, but due to mine and Eldarions tournament last month, i need to keep this siggy until the 1st of the next month, so i will use it soon, i promise big man.

Oh, ok... I thought it was only for one month...? Seems like you've been wearing that sig for at least that long... ;)

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-03 08:02:47

At 3/3/05 06:52 AM, Denvish wrote:
Oh, ok... I thought it was only for one month...? Seems like you've been wearing that sig for at least that long... ;)

HAHAHAHA, shit, due to me getting totally hammered over the last few days, and being a complete fuck up, i seem to have forgotten what day it is. So ive changed it. ELDARION, YOU OWE ME BIG TIME.

Thanks for the reminder Denvish :D

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-03 10:36:17

At 3/2/05 07:03 PM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: I still think people are voting for their friends or for people the see most off, which is sad. You guys dont see Tom online like i do because of the time difference. Blergh, fuck it.

Thanks for the support SCD, it's much apreciated and the time differences seem to be counting against me which is unfortunate, but hopefully more people will begin to see past it : ) soon

At 3/2/05 11:54 PM, RedCircle wrote: Now when the hell is Tom_s00 gonna be added >: (

Turn that frown up side down RC : )

Would you guys like to change the vote system to a weighted one? Meaning, you still have three in-votes, but they get point values?

#1. Person A (3 points)
#2. Person B (2 points)
#3. Person C (1 point)

Whatcha think?

It seems a little bit more complicated but a good system which will give the potentials a bit more of an idea on how highly they are rated by other users afteer each election.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-04 03:05:18

At 3/1/05 08:29 AM, EKRegulus wrote:
300592 (3) Myst_Williams
590813 (3) Alkador
683906 (3) Master_Inuyasha
Don't worry guys, 2nd position isn't that bad :P

Well, I'm used to second place now and it feels like a warmth to me. I wonder if I should actually try to prove myself worthy as a regular this month? I should because the position would be fun I guess. But, I'll see how things go.

Congratulations to EKRegulus for becoming a regular. You're the first in always coming second. ;)

What spread out votes! It's as if no one really knew who to pick this month. I think there must be a small gap somewhere, since no one can be found. That's suggesting something. Maybe I should grab it.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-04 07:31:24

The thing that irks me is that everyone seems to have a favourite user on the list, and voting for them IS NOT THE FUCKING POINT of the list. Its supposed to be helpful people who get on here, not people you like. Man im so sick of saying that. If i wasnt going to work soon, i would go into a larger rant, but this should do for now, expect a big one tommorow, and NOONE shall be spared.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-05 02:24:16

At 3/4/05 07:31 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote: The thing that irks me is that everyone seems to have a favourite user on the list, and voting for them IS NOT THE FUCKING POINT of the list.

I understand your point and RedCircle pressed that previously. But I feel that the reason for this month's spread of votes is due to the reason that few of the regulars are unsure who to give their votes to. For example, there may be 1 or 2 helpful users but what do you do with the 3rd vote? I think people were trying to be reasonable and that was the case for this month. But now there are this many users that are possible potentials, I am sure that people will see that they can vote for someone who they feel is deserving of the position.

Hopefully I haven't said something completely irrelevant to your point. If I have...oh well. I see your point and think that most people have taken upon it. For example, I had 5 votes last month, now 3. That shows something, yeah?

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-05 05:26:42

By the way, thanks to everyone who commented regarding the vote-point system I proposed.

Looks like that's gonna be the new method, and hopefully, that'll clear up the favoritism voting issue that SCD was talking about.

Now you all know why I ask you to EXPLAIN your votes when you send them to me. I like to hear your reasoning. It helps me determine if you indeed took a little time to check out people's regularity and helpfulness.

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-05 06:11:33

At 3/5/05 05:26 AM, RedCircle wrote: Now you all know why I ask you to EXPLAIN your votes when you send them to me. I like to hear your reasoning. It helps me determine if you indeed took a little time to check out people's regularity and helpfulness.

Ohhh i like this idea, it should make people think about their voteing a bit more, weather or not it will stop pepole voteing for the friends or not i don't know (not that i thik it's a huge problem), as it's not hard to make up some bull crap up, about somebody to make them apear a better 'helper'

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-05 06:49:12

At 3/3/05 08:02 AM, Slightly_Crazy_Dude wrote:
At 3/3/05 06:52 AM, Denvish wrote:
HAHAHAHA, shit, due to me getting totally hammered over the last few days, and being a complete fuck up, i seem to have forgotten what day it is. So ive changed it. ELDARION, YOU OWE ME BIG TIME.

Thanks for the reminder Denvish :D

OGM, I'm just gonna check how long you were wearing that sig...

K, you wore it from 2nd Feb to 3rd March, and according to SK's handy little NumDays program, that's exactly 30 days! Phew :)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-05 07:19:32

I think that the vote weighting is a fine idea. I wouldn't mind it at all. Go right on ahead with it I say. I have a question, could you vote for 2 people only and make their votes worth 3 each? I know voting one person alone with 6 votes is out of the question due to that being very unfair, but I think voting for 2 with 3 sounds a little bit fair. Eh, I dunno. Just do what you want, my votes will probably stay the same anyway. :D

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-05 09:11:14

At 3/5/05 07:19 AM, Kiba-Kamouflage wrote: Blah

No.

=)

Response to Wi/Ht Members Vs. Mods 2005-03-05 09:14:04

At 3/5/05 06:49 AM, Eldarion wrote:
OGM, I'm just gonna check how long you were wearing that sig...

K, you wore it from 2nd Feb to 3rd March, and according to SK's handy little NumDays program, that's exactly 30 days! Phew :)

You didnt plan on telling me did you, DID YOU!!!!

Well out of respect for RC, i dont think i will go on a rant this morning, it would be a shame to waste my time.

I was going to go into detail about several users, including some of our recently elected, about why they should or shouldnt have been voted in, but then i realised, its my fucking opinion, and most people dont care anyway. So fuck it.