Credits & Info
- File Info
- 9.3 MB
- 5 min 4 sec
- 4.70 / 5.00
- You must give credit to the artist.
- You may not use this work for commercial purposes unless you make specific arrangements with the artist.
- Share Alike:
- If you alter, transform, or build upon this image, you may distribute the resulting creation only under a license identical to this one.
My friends on Newgrounds, it's time for a change.
For so long, nearly too long... we have lurked in the undertow, waiting for the right time to unite as one and strike. Not just as Newgrounders, not just as Anons, but human beings we must come together and reject the agenda we've been fed for all our lives.
Eat your vegetables, stay in school, and watch the world burn.
This is how I would do it.
- I have 3 different synthesizers loaded on this song, but for some reason I found that if I played all 3 at once my master volume would EXPLODE. So I never have more than 2 playing for that reason.
- I recently sold my "Good" guitars. This whole thing was recorded with a $129 Epiphone SG Special and it's probably one of the more difficult(this is obviously relative) songs I've recorded. I now fully understand why those kids in my Tennis class who had $300 tennis rackets didn't always do better than those who had $15 ones. Equipment is wonderful, but it's not what makes something good. And if it is, it won't be around for very long now that the turnaround rate for new technology is like... 2 weeks.
- This is the first time I've ever used "drum triggers", an interesting little addition that makes a drumkit sound much more punchy and impactful. The drumkit I have here is still Addictive Drums, but I got around to equipping it with updated samples.
- I may have broken someone's eardrums when showing them this song. More on that later.
- I, ONCE AGAIN, didn't use a real bass in this song. Mostly because I don't have one. I'm pretty sure if I actually bought a bass my music would be waaaaay groovier. But I'm also sure if I had a bass I would write waaaaay more Jazz and Blues music than anyone could possibly stand to listen to.
- In regards to the musical direction of the piece: This started off as me setting my metronome to a time, then recording a bunch of riffs off the top of my head with some random variations thrown in. After recording, I snipped up and glued together clips of the different riffs to try and build the groundwork for the song. After this I created my drum patterns and did a lot more clip adjustment. Originally the song turned out to be about 8 minutes and I decided to cut it down. I renamed it from whatever it was before and created 2 different files, one named "How They Would Do It" and the other "How I Would Do It". I intended to re-arrange the parts to create 2 different songs made up of the same clips in different orders. I WAS going to arrange the parts to make a more traditional "verse/chorus"-y thing for "How They Would Do It", but after I had finished writing all the midi synth and Drum parts I decided I could just put the same amount of time and effort into learning a new language and be done by the weekend.
I am now fluent in French-Klingon.