It started out with a melody and bassline, and I accidentally had the bpm way too high. But then I stuck with it. I must have started it about this time last year (and then finished it a few months after; this is one of my older projects). It's my first venture into DnB and Dubstep, and was also a new breakthrough into chiptune territory (I learned that playing an arpeggio super-fast makes your typical blip).
I ended up turning this is as a composition assessment for my Music Extension class. And then I read some comments left on it, and made an extended version with a better dubstep part (more wub, less distortion). I've been thinking about changing it since, but first of all the changes I would want to make would keep coming as I learn new things, and I really can't be bothered anymore.
I've been promising to actually release this track for a while now on an EP, but in the meantime I guess I should start using NewGrounds again...
This version made in Renoise 2.something (probably 2.7), using E-Phonic's Lo-Fi VST (for the dubstep bass), and Tweakbench's Padawan (for the pads) and Peach (for the cool arpeggio. I also recorded some samples from Peach, which I used for the main lead and the bass).