Credits & Info
- File Info
- 2.2 MB
- 2 min 23 sec
- 4.22 / 5.00
- You must give credit to the artist.
- Share Alike:
- If you alter, transform, or build upon this image, you may distribute the resulting creation only under a license identical to this one.
My first newgrounds submission!
I am TheoryGuy, a currently working composer/arranger that writes for a variety of ensemble types and mediums. I specialize in wind ensemble work and TV/Film/Game composition.
"On The Horizon" is part of my professional portfolio and is a short, cinematic orchestral track in a sci-fi/fantasy vein. It begins with low strings and percussive effects to set a chilling mood but quickly gives way to a solo horn introducing the main theme. The orchestra comes in shortly thereafter and develops the theme to its conclusion, ending in a return to the more mysterious low strings that fade away.
To construct this piece, I utilized the following:
- Sequencing of the score itself was done with Sibelius 6.
- VSTs used were ProjectSam's Orchestral Essentials and Kontakt 5's built-in sound library.
- The sampler was Kontakt 5.
- The DAW was Reaper.
Thank you for taking the time to listen!