I upgraded the sounds to something a tad less awful. They're still crappy, but at least I processed them through a DAW for EQ and the such instead of just directly converting the MIDI file to MP3.
Oh boy what a ride this was!
Ok, so first of all, you're probably wondering where the relatively well-sounding samples I used for the songs I made in the past few months went. Well as a couple of people around here know, my hard drive was stolen a few days ago, along with the integrity of my samples, so I had to resort to MIDI for this specific track.
I also had to start from scratch to be able to work on it, since the majority of the work on it was lost due to absence of usable samples. So I basically ended up scratching everything I had and making something entirely new today, and while I've got a lot more plans for this tracks it'll have to do for the context of this competition.