Credits & Info
- File Info
- 12.6 MB
- 11 min 2 sec
- 4.37 / 5.00
Heard in 1 Entry!
View all submissions featuring this audio file.
- You must give credit to the artist.
- You may not use this work for commercial purposes unless you make specific arrangements with the artist.
- Share Alike:
- If you alter, transform, or build upon this image, you may distribute the resulting creation only under a license identical to this one.
- Rated 4.37 / 5 stars
- Plays & Downloads:
- 4,314 Plays | 426 Downloads
- Share Links:
- Easy Listening - Classical
For the last several months, my grandma's health has rapidly depleted. Her liver failed earlier this week and it seems that she will not make it beyond a few days. I've been in her hospital room watching her slip away. Her face is gaunt and her body impossibly small. She moans incoherently with her eyes half open and her blackened hands trembling. It's hard seeing her this way. Seeing a woman once so strong willed and independent straining under the weight of her own body, bent and bruised, the brilliance escaping from her eyes.
Facing death brings me unceasing questions about my priorities and values. It's tough, watching life fade away. It's a feeling I've never quite known.
This piano improvisation represents the uncertainty that I'm feeling. I sat down at the keyboard, hit record, and let raw emotions guide my fingers.
It's unrefined, but I hope you enjoy the music. It is heartfelt if nothing else.