You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
You may not use this work for commercial purposes without making specific arrangements with the artist UNLESS your work is a web-based game or animation, in which case you may use this freely.
I was bored and in a strange mood, so i wrote a very very fast pianopiece for 4 hands - hope you are well entertained :D
I created the piece today with Logic Studio. The piano is played by the computer because i just have two hands - not the four which would be necessary!
I would be glad about some feedback, so plz tell me your opinion :D
I really enjoyed this.. Its very exciting and moving yet has solemn undertones and bold melody.. This is legit.. Keep it up!
Thanks a lot!
I am glad you like it! I wanted to create something which has got much movement while being still lyrical. I just was afraid that the action could become to extreme :D So thanks for this kind review.
Hello there! So I hear you wanted a review on this.
Ok, first of all, let me say this - there's absolutely nothing wrong with the mixing that I can possibly poke at, probably because it's just one instrument, so I shall focus solely on the composition of this piece.
1. I will say this first of all, the piece is very good - the ideas in it are well-developed, and I enjoy the main tune/chords that make up the main 'theme' of the piece.
2. There ARE a few bits where it seems a little bit off. The specific bits are 0:22-0:29 and 0:58-1:08, particularly the part around one minute. The method to your madness seems to be partially thrown aside here, and there are odd shifts at times that don't quite fit.
3. While they are very few, there are also a few notes in the harmonic underlying melodies that don't quite fit, though these are not in the main theme chordings.
4. The simple stop at 0:36 to transition back to the main section doesn't quite seem to fit as well as it could - I'd suggest a little lead-in of a piano riff, perhaps trying to use some slower notes.
5. Speaking of slower notes, even in fast pieces there are notes longer than eighth notes! You might want to try putting in some chords or lower bass notes to make the song more 'solid' and have a better, well, "base" (no pun intended) to build up all of these melodies from.
6. I would very much like this to be extended, with the rough parts worked through to give a bit more cohesiveness.
Overall, this is really good - a few things need to be polished up, and it could definitely be longer, but I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed hearing and reviewing this. :) Nice work!
-Review Request Club-
Thanks a lot for this very detailed and valuable review! I am really glad you enjoyed it :D
- I will sit down and check the piece for harmonical defects and unnecessary notes.
- The piece is so short because it has been created within 3,5 hours. Maybe i will extend it, but i dont know that for shure right now. If i do i will inform you :D
- I will try out to bring slower notes. I am just a little bit affraid this could affect the felt speed by making it slow, but i will check it out!
Thank you very much again for another really useful and intensive review of yours!
I sort of agree with chazzhay but i also don't. something does seem kinda off but i don't think it's the complementary. i think it's the different tempos or something but still very good.
Thanks a lot for the review!
Maybe the thing you mean is, that i tried to make the piece more variable and integrated some changes in the feeling, but that was with intent. Because this piece was created a few days ago its not possible for me to experience it in an objective / abstracted way - after a few weeks i think its possible for me to see things clearer :D
Chazzhay is talking nonsense. This is a rather complex piece of music. I like the fact that there is a very clear (and accessible) underlying harmonic progression, while the melodic lines are essentially going crazy. Quite nice!
I am really, really glad YOU like the piece! Since your spring waltz i allways wanted to make a pianopiece and try to create some variety, movement and a elegiac feeling within it - so you can say: Your waltz inspired me a lot and i am listening to it quite often (gives me a very good mood and makes my mind flow).
It was a little bit difficult to make the piece complicated and crazy while not destroying the main tune. So i am even more delighted to hear from you, the piece would have a clear underlining harmonic progression --> Thanks a lot!
I am in no way a musician but I felt like there is something off with this. I liked it but I feel that the two tracks didn't always complement each other and made this feel like it could used a bit more work to adjust it to make it sound better. Keep at it though cause I'm sure you will get better with practice! :)
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.