You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
You may not use this work for commercial purposes without making specific arrangements with the artist UNLESS your work is a web-based game or animation, in which case you may use this freely.
Silk lines over metal riffage
This is my entry for the March/April MAC12
* The writing idea here was to combine riffs and leads, and let you choose which to listen to.
* Writing included alot of layering, my favorite afterall. Wrote 8 guitar parts layered into the chorus alone.
* In Post, I made sure each of the million parts could pop; some parts just a little.
* The recording process had some work too. Lots of mics, slight movements.
* I even magnet swapped the lead guitar mid-song for the most subtle effect that couldn't be bought with EQ.
* Yes...I tore open my guitar, removed a pickup, and swapped a part in it to carry on.
WELL, I've said too much already. Just go for it =]
....Solo at 2:20
That's killer man.
Thanks a ton, man!
the solo guitar
i like the drum ;D
That's what's up!
You executed the idea masterfully, the concept really created a deep and pretty immersive soundscape, wish I had better headphones to experience it properly. The warm feel definitely fits the title.
The melody of the lead is good and the riff supporting it is thick and headbang-inducing. Awesome solo! The drums are great too, love listening to the cymbals, but maybe the hi-hat could have been half a notch louder.
Hard work pays off!
Thanks alot man; glad it all connected for you.
Indeed. 'The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.'
Thanks for the review!!
Super! Got ear orgasm XD
Hell yes! Thanks Wolf
The spirit of your guitar destroys all suffering and awakens lost souls into raging battle.
Spoken with true elegance.
You have my sincerest gratitude, sir
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.