Credits & Info
- File Info
- 10.6 MB
- 4 min 38 sec
- 4.44 / 5.00
- You must give credit to the artist.
- You may not use this work for commercial purposes unless you make specific arrangements with the artist.
- Share Alike:
- If you alter, transform, or build upon this image, you may distribute the resulting creation only under a license identical to this one.
- Rated 4.44 / 5 stars
- Plays & Downloads:
- 2,986 Plays | 206 Downloads
- Share Links:
A month and a half later into production, I've finally completed what I consider my best work to date.
I've spent countless all-nighters on it, bought over 200$ in equipment, and burned my eyes more than I'd have like staring the screen in front of which I'm currently writing this, but in the end I couldn't think it wasn't worth it.
I've learned so much from this experience, that even IF I don't rank among the top 8, this whole experience will have more than compensated.
I can't thank BrokenDeck and the rest of the crew enough for making such a competition, but I'd most of all like to thank SuperSteph54 for the immeasurable support he's given me throughout the project, and the help he's given me. For the passed week now, he's been giving ALL of his free time to re-render my song in East-West to help my song attain it's best resolution. Hat off to you, Steph, you've grown ever higher in my esteem.
Now that THAT's out of the way, here's a short description of the actual song.
I originally wrote the main melody (0:58) as a piano solo, but when the MAC post came along in January, I knew this piece'd be suiting as an orchestral song. I immediately started what I didn't know back then would be the biggest, most ambitious project I ever started.
In any case, I brought myself to buying a microphone and a sound card to record the trumpet part for the world to hear my terribly off pitch playing. Keep in mind I've never done this before, so really I'm surprised it turned out so good.
In any case, I could write forever about the painstaking adventures that went into the process of writing this piece for much longer, but I feel I've said enough for now. Just enjoy the song and let me know what you guys think!
Gear used (Oh boy...) :
- Sibelius 1.4 (Composition and Editing)
- Reason 5 (Composition, Original Mixing and Sequencing)
- FL Studio (Mixing and Sequencing)
- EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Silver (Sequencing)
- Cubase LE 5 (Recording, Processing and Editing)
- Vincent Bach Stradivarius model 37 Trumpet (Recorded)
- Sennheiser Evolution e835 Microphone (Recording)
- TASCAM US-122 MKII External Sound Card (Processing)