Credits & Info
- File Info
- 5.6 MB
- 4 min 5 sec
- 4.17 / 5.00
- You must give credit to the artist.
- You may not use this work for commercial purposes unless you make specific arrangements with the artist.
- Share Alike:
- If you alter, transform, or build upon this image, you may distribute the resulting creation only under a license identical to this one.
- Rated 4.17 / 5 stars
- Plays & Downloads:
- 2,789 Plays | 270 Downloads
- Share Links:
- Easy Listening - Classical
Cast off for one final flight into the unknown.
"Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds...and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of...wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.
Up, up, the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, nor even eagle flew.
And while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space...
...put out my hand, and touched the face of God."
by John Gillespie Magee, Jr.
That (and the picture for the MAC) was my inspiration for this piece. :D