Credits & Info
- 4.00 / 5.00
Share this submission?
You are free to copy, distribute and transmit this work under the following conditions:
- You must give credit to the artist.
- Share Alike:
- If you alter, transform, or build upon this image, you may distribute the resulting creation only under a license identical to this one.
My most popular digital drawing to date, but not by far my best. This one features Terra's, Ventus' and Aqua's Wayfinders from Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.
There's a really loooooong process for this, with pictorial evidence, that I put in my own art thread on the Art Forums, but to save you the trouble, this is what I did --
1) I started one basic shell on Paint (for Windows 7; otherwise it wouldn't have that painted effect).
2) I copied it onto PowerPoint, made the white background transparent, copied that several times and arranged it such that it looked like a star. This was the Wayfinder base.
3) I copied the Wayfinder base until there were three, then I rotated each one of them on PowerPoint.
4) I coloured the shells on Paint.
5) Touched the Wayfinders up on PowerPoint (Paint Brush filter).
6) Salvaged some Marks of Mastery I did on Paint, modified the colours and rotated them on PowerPoint, grouped them with the Wayfinders and saved them as one image.
7) Edited them with GIMP, boring holes onto the metal frames. Also edited the texture.
8) I did a basic background, but it was too light. A friend handled it for me -- thank you!
9) Texturised the BG on GIMP, then touched it up on PowerPoint (Paint Brush filter again).
10) Added bokeh and minimal glitter onto the BG.
11) Copied/pasted the Wayfinders.
12) Added glitter where I could.
13) Softlighted some areas, so that the Wayfinders would glow.
14) Added more glitter.
15) Reopened Paint and painted on the strings.
16) Reopened file on GIMP and added detail to the strings.
17) Made some parts of the Wayfinders translucent on another friend's advice.
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is by Square Enix and Disney Interactive.