Credits & Info
- 4.00 / 5.00
Share this submission?
You are free to copy, distribute and transmit this work under the following conditions:
- You must give credit to the artist.
- You may not use this work for commercial purposes unless you make specific arrangements with the artist.
- Share Alike:
- If you alter, transform, or build upon this image, you may distribute the resulting creation only under a license identical to this one.
Another character request, tried something slightly Rembrandt-y in style and the pic's content more character-focused. This necromancer just recently lost something dear to him, but tries to keep the pose upright for the painter. Skull is his great-great-...great-gran dfather's, crest in the background that of his family.
Tried to do something fancy with a golden ratio (on eye height) to keep the requested "ye olde painter" theme, but de facto it just created another blank space at the top I had to fill with a caption, and no matter how you twist it, it's still a colored drawing, not a painting. Client liked how it reflected on the pic and his char's path of darkness, so that went better than expected.
Notes to self:
- study clothing folds and textures
- work on secondary, reflected lighting
- do better composition sketches
- try to outphase lineart during the shading to invoke faux painting
- don't use the cheap Inner Glow border and go for homebrew instead, details matter
- if you gotta hybrid cel shading and gradients, at least do it smoothly
- better font integration, opacity decrease is insufficient.